Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: The Supernatural

Default Re: The Supernatural

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    seriously, the guy is Tsipras' twin at the very least .. check the vid again
    You're deep.
    Happiness is an inside job.

Coming out!?....

And then some...

Seer Keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Trow View Post
    You're deep.
    you wouldn't know how to ... keep

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    you wouldn't know how to ... keep
    Seer.
    Welcome Aboard.

Dark Attacks.

And then....

Interested for your thoughts Trow on this video.
    The United Irishman. Updated 5/2/14

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    Interested for your thoughts Trow on this video.
    A Seelie Court. [good fairy ring] Note the mild mischief and healing.

Very good account although i'd be careful about ''asking'' for their magical favours. [as related to in the video, near the end] It may be different in a good fairy ring but as he explained in effect in asking for the favour you give life to the entity through you. [like a possession]

In an unseelie court [bad fairy ring] it i scorned upon to ask for anything. You're more likely to come out of their with a disease if not a life of continual ruin. Whether you ask for anything or not.

In both courts energy flows and yes, it can be tapped into for healing and other outcomes.
    Last edited by Trow; 30-07-2017 at 03:53 PM.

A Seelie Court. [good fairy ring] Note the mild mischief and healing.

Very good account although i'd be careful about ''asking'' for their magical favours. [as related to in the video, near the end] It may be different in a good fairy ring but as he explained in effect in asking for the favour you give life to the entity through you. [like a possession]

In an unseelie court [bad fairy ring] it i scorned upon to ask for anything. You're more likely to come out of their with a disease if not a life of continual ruin. Whether you ask for anything or not.

In both courts energy flows and yes, it can be tapped into for healing and other outcomes.
    I found the account quite interesting, I've occasionally encountered the "stray" as the farmer explains it in the video. Only a few weeks ago when cycling I got myself completely lost for a good five minutes on country roads that I know really well, I may return to examine the area to see if there are any forts or such nearby.

The farmer mentions in the video that he has people staying over at his B&B who occasionally camp in the field - that would be an experience.

I'd be interested in experiencing this type of thing myself, even if there is nothing supernatural to be seen, the stories and legends are themselves are of great cultural importance.

The account of carrying stones in your pocket to enable you to check if the road is solid and not a river is a new one to me.
    The United Irishman. Updated 5/2/14

I found the account quite interesting, I've occasionally encountered the "stray" as the farmer explains it in the video. Only a few weeks ago when cycling I got myself completely lost for a good five minutes on country roads that I know really well, I may return to examine the area to see if there are any forts or such nearby.

The farmer mentions in the video that he has people staying over at his B&B who occasionally camp in the field - that would be an experience.

I'd be interested in experiencing this type of thing myself, even if there is nothing supernatural to be seen, the stories and legends are themselves are of great cultural importance.

The account of carrying stones in your pocket to enable you to check if the road is solid and not a river is a new one to me.
    A most common observation [''the stray''] associated with fairy rings. Note the mention of being lead towards water with that in the video. Drowning of humans is the passport for a fairy between this life and their next.

People assume because the ring and fairies are there, that they are automatically welcome to visit. Your overall experience is dependent on intent, your actions there and before you go thinking you'll trick them, you should know they can read your thoughts if you're not carrying iron, in which case they won't approach you at all.

That stray thing is like the wee folks giving you the runaround. It can be harmless or extremely dangerous. For me personally, it's beauty with an edge.

The best encounters are via the unsuspecting traveler. If you really wanted to test the ring take others with you who have no knowledge they are in a fairy ring. [Watch the behavior change with mischief, giddy conversation.]

If you go alone don't have any expectations of being rewarded with health or wealth or a supernatural gift bestowed upon you. Don't ask for or expect anything.

As i've told you, they don't like ''asking'' The way round that is to suggest something like by saying in this way.... ''Would'nt it be great if....'' and then say what outcome you seek.

You've me away on one mate...
    Briefly, don't go thinking you'll outsmart the little folks....that takes great skill.

The guy in the videos sense of well being and attachment to the place comes from a total respect for the place and any good fortune associated with him or his family is the fay reciprocating.
    Last edited by Trow; 30-07-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Indeed.

If ever you're North and want that experience let me know.

Interesting....

Quote. Bad luck caused by disturbed fairy forts is causing dips in a major road between County Kerry and County Cork, an Irish member of parliament has said.
    Danny Healy-Rae told the Irish Times that issues with the N22 were caused by "numerous fairy forts in the area".
    The road had previously been repaired but problems had reappeared.
    Mr Healy-Rae said he shared local belief that "there was something in these places you shouldn't touch".
    He added that the road passed through an area that was rich in fairy folklore and magic. unquote.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-40863737

Interesting....

Quote. Bad luck caused by disturbed fairy forts is causing dips in a major road between County Kerry and County Cork, an Irish member of parliament has said.
    Danny Healy-Rae told the Irish Times that issues with the N22 were caused by "numerous fairy forts in the area".
    The road had previously been repaired but problems had reappeared.
    Mr Healy-Rae said he shared local belief that "there was something in these places you shouldn't touch".
    He added that the road passed through an area that was rich in fairy folklore and magic. unquote.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-40863737
    That was universally sneered at on RTE and Newstalk as far as I can tell. But such beliefs run very deep in the country. I dont know if such beliefs have disappeared, which I doubt, but I remember a time in parts of Cavan when anyone who interfered with a fairy fort or a fairy bush or tree would be considered a complete eejit who was inviting disaster on the family.
    That belief saved many a historic site from destruction.
    Another belief which I think had a profound effect was that if two knives were crossed by accident at a table the only way to avoid bad luck was to remove the bottom knife first. That was ingrained in me and many others so much so that I will still observe it. Now I see it was a way of making peace, if you get the upper hand in a dispute then yield somewhat. By so doing feuds which could last generations might be avoided. That was never explained but the message was transmitted through the generations by the wisdom of the superstition.

And another thing which my Grandmother thought us as young children was how to "POP" fairy fingers as they were called. Fairy fingers grew in abundance by the lane way to her cottage. Faryfingers was the name given to the foxglove flower. She must have learned to play that when she was a little girl which must be very well over a century ago now. I remember as a very young child bringing bundles of foxgloves back to her remote cottage and Poping them. The stone floor was covered with faryfingers and we all delighted in the present time. I still can recall the laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by eamo View Post
    That was universally sneered at on RTE and Newstalk as far as I can tell. But such beliefs run very deep in the country. I dont know if such beliefs have disappeared, which I doubt, but I remember a time in parts of Cavan when anyone who interfered with a fairy fort or a fairy bush or tree would be considered a complete eejit who was inviting disaster on the family.
    That belief saved many a historic site from destruction.
    Another belief which I think had a profound effect was that if two knives were crossed by accident at a table the only way to avoid bad luck was to remove the bottom knife first. That was ingrained in me and many others so much so that I will still observe it. Now I see it was a way of making peace, if you get the upper hand in a dispute then yield somewhat. By so doing feuds which could last generations might be avoided. That was never explained but the message was transmitted through the generations by the wisdom of the superstition.

And another thing which my Grandmother thought us as young children was how to "POP" fairy fingers as they were called. Fairy fingers grew in abundance by the lane way to her cottage. Faryfingers was the name given to the foxglove flower. She must have learned to play that when she was a little girl which must be very well over a century ago now. I remember as a very young child bringing bundles of foxgloves back to her remote cottage and Poping them. The stone floor was covered with faryfingers and we all delighted in the present time. I still can recall the laughter.
    Yeah, i'm very familiar with the ''sneering'' In the beginning i was the biggest sneerer and then.....

In our home we were taught never to cross our knife and fork. Similar to the two knives as you describe. Never heard of ''popping'' the foxglove or fairy fingers as you explained. They can be quite toxic to the touch, the leaves more so.

It is a good practice to ''stay the battle'' and ''yield somewhat'' even when you have the upper hand. That shows great wisdom, courage and fidelity. Particularly in feud like circumstances. Unity among the barbarians.

Good to know that respect for ancient sites and things lingers to this day.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445