Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 262 Schools On Strike, School Students Tear Gassed, All Refineries Closed in France

Default Re: French workers will have to work until 62 to get big fat pension

Quote Originally Posted by Gruffalo View Post
    The French striking again? Shock, horror.
    Yep the French workers don't put up with any nonsense. Proper order.

2 million people demonstrated today in Paris and many more across the country.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c7WE1mvc4s"]YouTube- Manifestation Ã* Agen (7 Septembre 2010)[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    2 million people demonstrated today in Paris and many more across the country.
    140,000 would be the equivalent of such a demonstration in Ireland. We've got it far worse than the French and you don't even see 140 people demonstrating. Something's fundamentally wrong here.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Default Re: French workers will have to work until 62 to get big fat pension - Millions Demonstrate

Call to demonstrate -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWLH3V_2KIo&feature=related"]YouTube- RETRAITES Grèves Solidaires 7 septembre 2010 - manifestation[/ame]

Default Re: French workers will have to work until 62 to get big fat pension - Millions Demonstrate

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjCHH5YGGMI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- TOUS A LA MANIF LE 7 SEPTEMBRE[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH2Zno3kbZA&feature=related"]YouTube- Grève du 07 septembre 2010.wmv[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=623zPKmaR9g&feature=related"]YouTube- le 7 septembre : Tout dépend de vous ![/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Aspro View Post
    Yep the French workers don't put up with any nonsense. Proper order.
    I agree with their right to strike and I like the fact that they will stand up for themselves though I am not convinced that they are right in this instance.

Only 3 days ago there were big demonstrations against xenophobia across France

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtoen6EFdi0&feature=related"]YouTube- Manifestation contre la xénophobie du 4 septembre 2010 Paris[/ame]

Fair play to the French.

We'll be left with nothing but our underpants before we'll get together and do something about it.

It is truly amazing the number that came out in France.

It would be very valuable to know WHY we aren't out on the streets???

What exactly, is stopping us????

Is it lack of organisation.....lack of motivation!!!!

Personally, I believe it is lack of organisation.......political parties aren't into street demos and the unions are remaining in their box.....

So who else would/could organise such mass demos???

Quote Originally Posted by Newsy View Post

Personally, I believe it is lack of organisation.......political parties aren't into street demos and the unions are remaining in their box.....

Government have done a great job on spliting us up. Private sector Vs Public, Employed Vs Unemployed, Commercial road tax payers Vs Private and so on and so on.

Government have introduced cuts and levies over a long time frames, they added carbon tax on fuel and gas leaving solid fuel (coal etc) alone for later. SW took a hit, they'll prob lower the pension later. ESB levie is comming along soon. Everything Government do is spread out not to bother people in a big way.

As someone once said when people loose everything they loose it. Its only a matter of time before people head out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fing Fers View Post
    Government have done a great job on spliting us up. Private sector Vs Public, Employed Vs Unemployed, Commercial road tax payers Vs Private and so on and so on.

Government have introduced cuts and levies over a long time frames, they added carbon tax on fuel and gas leaving solid fuel (coal etc) alone for later. SW took a hit, they'll prob lower the pension later. ESB levie is comming along soon. Everything Government do is spread out not to bother people in a big way.

As someone once said when people loose everything they loose it. Its only a matter of time before people head out.
    I understand what you mean. It's the 'drip' effect.

I believe the budget in Dec. will be a defining moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsy View Post

Yes, I agree with you. There was a very big demonstration last time the Unions called one.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    There was a very big demonstration last time the Unions called one.
    And when was the last time the unions called for a demonstration?

When you see what's going on right now and not so much as an utterance of the word 'union' in the news for months, it's fair to assume they're in on it to their necks.

It seems Irish trade unions are not a 'representation of the workers' but a means of 'crowd control'.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast