Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet Another ....Heave beginning against Cowen? Mairtín in Heave Move Tonight

Default Re: Heave beginning against Cowen?

Quote Originally Posted by Digout View Post
    Have you heard anything?
    Just that the Greens are happy enough and bedded down for the next 18 months at least.

I'd be surprised if this came to anything, but hopefully I'm wrong.
    Last edited by OceanFrog; 24-03-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    Gone 4 good

Quote Originally Posted by OceanFrog View Post
    Just that the Greens are happy enough and bedded down for the next 18 months at least.
    Bunch of cheap whores is all the Greens are, FF might catch something from them....

Question Re: Heave beginning against Cowen?

Is this one walking yet?

This from someone I trust ... taken from another website that shall remain nameless ...

"To say that FF TDs are seriously p-d off is an understatement. They are friggin' furious with him.

They believed that he had to do a major reshuffle for two reasons:

- The party desparately needed the cabinet to perform better to stave off a disastrous defeat. There is talent on the backbenches. But the cabinet is jaded and under-performing, with their only first class performer seriously ill.

- If they lose power and have a very large number of losses, they may be too far back to come back in one go, especially if Labour and FG get on and stick together, SF remains in single digits and the Greens are wiped out. In effect there would be no other party to make up the numbers to bring them even close to forming a government. So in a worst case scenario a two-term spell in opposition is possible. If so, most of those in their fifties and older will have retired, or be too old for cabinet after two periods in opposition. So it was vital, they believed, that some younger ministers be appointed, so that if they were out of power for a prolonged period there still would be people around with cabinet experience in the thirty-third Dáil.

Cowen did neither of these things. FF TDs despair of Harney, but she is still in place. They see Coughlan as a disaster, yet she is still in a key position. They see Éamon Ó Cuiv as mediocre, yet he got a promotion. They see Hanafin, though not personally liked, as someone who is competent. Instead she gets shafted and demoted.

They saw the reshuffle as the last chance Cowen had to rescue the government, and are right royally p-sed off that he made a balls of the reshuffle, somehow managing to increase the average age of an already jaded and old cabinet.

They are so fed up with the situation most could not even bother to turn up for the PP meeting.

Will there be a heave? The odds suggest something is happening. Journalists spotted a number of TDs tonight congregating 'off campus' in a city centre hotel for what looked suspiciously like a meeting. TDs who could be relied upon, when approached by the media, to deliver 'I support Brian' messages were suspiciously silent. TDs' staff were grumbling about the reshuffle - if the TD loses a seat, so does his secretary and PA. So they too were desparately hoping the reshuffle would kickstart a revival. They don't believe it will.

FFers seem to have been hoping that, out of character, Cowen would seize the moment and radically rebuild the cabinet and boost the party again. They seem to be a mix now of the furious, the resigned-to-defeat and the despairing. This was, they believed, his last big chance to save them, and he blew it. And they are not happy campers.

So I will not be the least surprised if moves are made against him.

The only thing that might save Cowen is the paucity of the alternatives in the party. The obvious person, their 'dream leader', is seriously ill with cancer. Martin has the reputation as a ditherer who commissions endless reports and does nothing. Coughlan would be even worse than Cowen. D Ahern is detested as arrogant and obnoxious. Hanafin is able but also arrogant and school marm-ish. Never before as FF found itself so lacking in terms of alternative leaders at a time when a lot of the party feel they desparately need an alternative. Previously there would be at least 3 or 4 potential leader
    s."
    Gone 4 good

Mattie McGrath has just called the government to rollback the Anglo payrises, I think there is something bubbling here.

There are definite rumblings, but I don't think this will come to anything.
    IF, this catches any spark.....it will become a flame and then a FIRE.....

BIG 'if'.......

No mention on RTE 9 news
    Gone 4 good

The newstalk sports show is being cut off half an hour earlier so the Marc Coleman show can be on air, scoop coming?

No mention on RTE 9 news
    Pravda will only cover a heave against an FF leader after it happens.

Do frogs live in Oceans? Anyway, what I have been hearing is that a certain Green Party Senator, who has failed in GEs, has found himself feeling very much at home with FF, especially since his paucity of funds was alleviated by his elevation to the Seanad. Having changed his whole life style, and liking his newly found freedom, this Green is for turning. The talk amongst those who are looking for reasons to stay in Government / run to Daddy Cowen for cover, is that this is the only way they are going to get their (excuse me while I puke) Green policies accepted, and if that means "sacrificing" themselves at the alter of FF, so be it. I mean, after all, "what good can we do should there be a GE, we will be wiped out". Not to mention the few quid they earn comes in handy when they need to buy a new puncture repair kit.

If only I had no morals. I could be rich now. I could.
    Other people have a nationality. The Jews and the Irish have a psychosis: Brendan Behan

I just texted a lifelong FFer I know and ask him whats the story, he told me Cowen was on borrowed time before the reshuffle and now its not a case of if, but a case of when the heave comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Do frogs live in Oceans? Anyway, what I have been hearing is that a certain Green Party Senator, who has failed in GEs, has found himself feeling very much at home with FF, especially since his paucity of funds was alleviated by his elevation to the Seanad. Having changed his whole life style, and liking his newly found freedom, this Green is for turning. The talk amongst those who are looking for reasons to stay in Government / run to Daddy Cowen for cover, is that this is the only way they are going to get their (excuse me while I puke) Green policies accepted, and if that means "sacrificing" themselves at the alter of FF, so be it. I mean, after all, "what good can we do should there be a GE, we will be wiped out". Not to mention the few quid they earn comes in handy when they need to buy a new puncture repair kit.

If only I had no morals. I could be rich now. I could.
    Tweety Bird is now an FFer, just like his party leader.

I notice this thread is getting a lot of views, why dont ye sign up and join the debate, you are allowed voice your opinions on this site, no censorship here.

Cowen coming out with a full on support of the Anglo pay rises today looked like some kind of Kamikazi move.

This is really making my evening, great for the biffo to get some of what enda has been getting for the last few years.
    All we need now is someone to pour some petrol on the flames and who knows what could happen.

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast