Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama's Afghanistan Strategy Falling Apart & CiA running 3,000 Assassins

Default Obama's Afghanistan Strategy Falling Apart & CiA running 3,000 Assassins

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/us-...gy-474684.html

A new book by Bob Woodward describes Obama's lead advisors on Afghanistan as deeply divided and unconvinced that there was a workable strategy.

President Barack Obama’s top advisers spent much of the past 20 months arguing about policy and turf, according to a new book, with some top members of his national security team doubting the president’s strategy in Afghanistan would work.

The book, “Obama’s Wars”, by journalist Bob Woodward, says Obama aides were deeply divided over the war in Afghanistan even as the president agreed to triple troop levels there. Obama’s top White House adviser on Afghanistan and his special envoy for the region are described as believing the strategy will not work.

According to the book, Obama said: “I have two years with the public on this,” and pressed advisers for ways to avoid a big escalation in the Afghanistan war.

“I want an exit strategy,” he said at one meeting. Privately, he told Vice President Joe Biden to push his alternative strategy opposing a big troop build-up in meetings.

While Obama ultimately rejected the alternative plan, the book says, he set a withdrawal timetable because “I can’t lose the whole Democratic Party”.

Obama was among administration officials that Woodward interviewed for the book. The White House had no comment on the book.

Although the internal divisions described by Woodward have become public, the book suggests that they were even more intense than previously known and offers new details, the Times said.
    There have been reports for the last few days about a thousands-strong assassination squad in Afghanistan - parallel stories about a small number of soldiers involved in civilian killings were perhaps intended to distract and confuse.

Meanwhile, a US official in Washington confirmed Woodward’s report that the CIA is running an all-Afghan paramilitary group in Afghanistan that has been hunting Taliban and al Qaida targets for the agency.

A security professional in Kabul familiar with the operation says the 3,000-strong force was set up in 2002 to capture targets for CIA interrogation.

Default Re: Obama's Afghanistan Strategy Falling Apart & CiA running 3,000 Assassins

The CIA operate without sanction and done so since Vietnam and possible longer.
    How many did they execute in Iraq with their squads.
    Why didn't Woodward report on Iraq

Default Re: Obama's Afghanistan Strategy Falling Apart & CiA running 3,000 Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Tully View Post
    The CIA operate without sanction and done so since Vietnam and possible longer.
    How many did they execute in Iraq with their squads.
    Why didn't Woodward report on Iraq
    They are doing the same in Iran and highly probably in Africa. I don't know if Woodward wrote about Iraq or not.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    They are doing the same in Iran and highly probably in Africa.
    I don't know if Woodward wrote about Iraq or not
    " The War Within " Bob Woodward.

The CIA are technically under US law an illegal organisation ... they were set up by Executive Order out of the wartime OSS and never ratified by Congress.

Quite possibly the illegal organisation with the biggest carpark in the world
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

The CIA have interfered in democratic elections in many countries. There was an operation after WW2 called "Gladio" which involved many false flag events. Italy, if my memory serves me was particularly affected. The Bologna station bombing is now accepted as an incident of state sponsered terrorism.

US Marines pose for Group Photo in Afghanistan displaying Nazi SS Flag

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1019864

Two members of the NATO force in Afghanistan have been killed in a shooting in Kabul, the military said, after reports of gunshots within the interior ministry in the capital.

A spokesman for NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said they were aware of "an accident" in central Kabul, but declined to give more details.

RTE News

Reuters
    Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

BBC reporting that 6 British soldiers are missing presumed dead in Helmand province, long way to go.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17282903
    http://ancruiskeenlawnmower.wordpress.com/

If dreams were lightning, thunder was desire, this whole place would have burned down, a long time ago.

I have been meaning to have a look at how the war in Afghanistan was going for the Coalition for some time now and the news of 6 British deaths has finally prompted me to study the Coalition fatalities over recent months.

As much as it pains me to write it, it is clear that the Yanks have turned the war around since the middle of last year. Coalition military fatalities which had ben rising inexorably year after year since 2004 declined by about 20% in 2011. The turnaround seemed to take hold around June of last year and the figures for the last seven months show pretty much steady decreases in coalition casualties. June - 35%. July - 40%. August + 4%. September -7%. October -35%. November -53%. December -34%.

The downward trend has continued into 2012 despite all the outrage caused by the burning of the Korans. Coalition military fatalities for January and February were down 17% on 2011 and down 40% on 2010, the peak year of Afghan resistance success to date.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Believe I heard on radio this week that fully 25% of US casualties in 2012 were at the hands of Afghan police/army security forces.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

US soldier went on a rampage, slaughtering 16 civilians.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    US soldier went on a rampage, slaughtering 16 civilians.
    Including 9 children.

He entered three houses, killing people as they slept.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americ...054684909.html

This is bound to "win hearts and minds".
    "This isn't working,
    My middle-brow f**ker"

The "urination" video (was anyone ever arrested?), followed by Koran burning, followed by this awful mass murder, is at least open to question as a concerted attempt to provoke a reaction and thus justify a continued US presence in Afghanistan.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast