Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bank Guarantee extended to the End of the Year

Default Re: Bank Guarantee extended to the End of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Stock up on baked beans.

*You heard it here first*
    Bit low on baked beans, wana swap for a tin of tesco spagettie? EXP 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Nothing ... except the little detail that it was only extended for a period of 4 months.
    Have they explicitly stated this is the last one?
    The first robot president won by exactly one vote. Ah, yes! John Quincy Adding Machine. He struck a chord with the voters when he pledged not to go on a killing spree. But, like most politicians he promised more than he could deliver.

No they haven't.

But why only until December, why not a year or two or even 'indefinitely'. You don't 'inspire confidence' or 'maintain long-term stability' with a short-term guarantee of 4 months, when everyone knows full well that there isn't a snowball's chance in hell for the banks to recover by the end of the year. It's ridiculous.

Let's say, you're a depositor with AIB, you deposits were covered by a 2 years guarantee in 2008. you might have considered that as reasonable, keep calm and let the bank sort it out, 2 years should be plenty time. Now this guarantee is running out, the banks are posting the worst results in history, and the next thing you hear is "Four Months". Now that wouldn't keep you calm, would it? You'll take it as a clear message: you have four months to grab your money and get the ******* out of here."

Time is running out.
    Last edited by TotalMayhem; 08-09-2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Possibly because FF are aware that the Greens might finally walk on one or two upcoming issues in an attempt to save whatever vapours of credibility are available and force an election?

Shorter bank guarantee periods are politically better for FF as they can hit any new government with an instant crisis. Of FF'S timing?

Might sound ridiculous in any other country with such a crisis but not in Ireland.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    Shorter bank guarantee periods are politically better for FF as they can hit any new government with an instant crisis. Of FF'S timing?
    Politically maybe, but depositors don't give a good **** about future political constellations.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Thanks to the story dot ie.

More documents have come in now as it's a very lengthy one with over 300 pages!!!

Source: http://thestory.ie/2011/01/19/public...tee-documents/

Quote Originally Posted by disability student View Post
    Thanks to the story dot ie.

More documents have come in now as it's a very lengthy one with over 300 pages!!!

Source: http://thestory.ie/2011/01/19/public...tee-documents/
    I think that what Gavin has done is merge all the documents given to the PAC (we looked at them last year) into one long one. A very good idea, but as yet I'm finding it hard to get my browser to deal with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123