I see that another man has died after an insect sting in Ireland. http://www.independent.ie/national-n...g-2273291.html
Many people are prone to anaphylaxis without being aware that they have any problems. It is a caused by a severe over reaction to an allergen. The body attacks itself with a massive immune response to a minor threat eg bee venom, peanuts , wasp venom, jellyfish stings or combination of different allergens. It can lead to death either quite quickly or several hours later.
There is a simple antidote: an adrenaline injection.
However many people are not aware of the issue.
If you get stung or eat peanuts etc and begin to break out in a rash or have breathing difficulties it is essential to immediately seek medical attention.
If you are a parent and your child gets stung (especially near or after puberty) keep a close eye on them. If they suffer any other problems beyond the normal pain and irritation get them to a doctor/emergency room immediately.
People can develop reaction to something that has previously caused no problems.
Anaphylaxis is an acute multi-system severe type I hypersensitivity reaction. The term comes from the Greek words ανα ana (against) and φύλαξις phylaxis (protection).
Due in part to the variety of definitions, between 1% and 15% of the population of the United States can be considered "at risk" for having an anaphylactic reaction if they are exposed to one or more allergens. Of those people who actually experience anaphylaxis, up to 1% may die as a result.