Thread: Historic Gardens of Ireland - Inventory of Architectural Heritage

Default Historic Gardens of Ireland - Inventory of Architectural Heritage

Also by interactive map - survey of the demesnes and historic gardens of Ireland.

http://www.buildingsofireland.ie/Sur.../FrontPage.jsp

Default Re: Historic Gardens of Ireland - Inventory of Architectural Heritage

... on a cursory view, a very helpful resource ... having only looked at a few places in my home county, the photos are useless as they are all green fields with indistinct buildings !:-) ... but the maps and general lists are very useful pointers to places of interest hitherto unknown ... thank you for posting the link, Cactus ...

Default Re: Historic Gardens of Ireland - Inventory of Architectural Heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    ... on a cursory view, a very helpful resource ... having only looked at a few places in my home county, the photos are useless as they are all green fields with indistinct buildings !:-) ... but the maps and general lists are very useful pointers to places of interest hitherto unknown ... thank you for posting the link, Cactus ...
    No problem. I just looked at the aerial photo on one, and there were no boundaries marked, so it wasn't too helpful.

I think most of them are not open - it's a pity they don't say which ones are. I'll see if I can find a list of historic gardens that are open to the public.