Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government - Bye Elections Wanted

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    hills of donegal
    Posts
    497

    Default Donegal south-west abandoned by the government - Bye Elections Wanted

    The constituency of Donegal SouthWest has been abandoned by the government . In a week that saw live register figures published showing that Donegal's unemployment rate stood at 22,295 up 904 on last month. And the announcement yesterday that Largo foods ,the makers of "hunky dorys" intend to pull out of Donegal,Then that ****-snorkelling clown who is supposed be Taoiseach comes on the radio today and says that Donegal SW is well represented ,I nearly choked on my crisps. The cowardice of this blubbering gin soaked waste of DNA is pathetic. IF he thinks that putting it back indefinitely is going to make his party anymore likely of keeping the seat he's barking up the wrong tree. Both the empty seat and his 'special friend' Coughlan's seat are now on the line.
    http://www.highlandradio.com/2010/07...w-by-election/
    http://www.highlandradio.com/2010/07...f-largo-foods/
    http://www.highlandradio.com/2010/07...11-in-donegal/
    Last edited by C. Flower; 07-09-2010 at 07:47 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government

    Demand your TD, nobody has the right by law to deny you a TD. That is the law of the people not the law of the Dail.

    Off to the Supreme Court and be done with it.
    Mr Lenihan said the guarantee was “the cheapest bailout” compared with bank rescues in other countries, including the UK and the US, where “billions and billions of taxpayers’ money are being poured into financial institutions” - October 24 2008

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,980

    Default Re: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government

    Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    The constituency of Donegal SouthWest has been abandoned by the government . In a week that saw live register figures published showing that Donegal's unemployment rate stood at 22,295 up 904 on last month. And the announcement yesterday that Largo foods ,the makers of "hunky dorys" intend to pull out of Donegal,Then that ****-snorkelling clown who is supposed be Taoiseach comes on the radio today and says that Donegal SW is well represented ,I nearly choked on my crisps. The cowardice of this blubbering gin soaked waste of DNA is pathetic. IF he thinks that putting it back indefinitely is going to make his party anymore likely of keeping the seat he's barking up the wrong tree. Both the empty seat and his 'special friend' Coughlan's seat are now on the line.
    http://www.highlandradio.com/2010/07...w-by-election/
    http://www.highlandradio.com/2010/07...f-largo-foods/
    http://www.highlandradio.com/2010/07...11-in-donegal/
    I agree with Xray. You have a fair chance if you go for it. We have a thread here that goes into the law on it.


    Last Updated: 3/Jul 16:01</B>
    The Taoiseach says there are no immediate plans for a by-election in Donegal South-West.
    The seat has been vacant for the past year following the election of Pat the Cope Gallagher to the European Parliament.
    Speaking to Highland Radio news during a visit to County Donegal last night, the Taoiseach said Donegal was currently well represented.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Waterford
    Posts
    345

    Default Re: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government

    Quote Originally Posted by Xray View Post
    Demand your TD, nobody has the right by law to deny you a TD. That is the law of the people not the law of the Dail.

    Off to the Supreme Court and be done with it.
    Well said, hit the b******s where it hurts!
    Last edited by antiestablishmentarian; 11-08-2010 at 06:31 PM. Reason: bad language

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,980

    Default Re: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government

    Two alternatives, one is to take a case to Court over the refusal of Government to hold the by election, the other is to hold an "alternative" by-election and find someone who is prepared to represent as a "shadow" TD.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Two alternatives, one is to take a case to Court over the refusal of Government to hold the by election, the other is to hold an "alternative" by-election and find someone who is prepared to represent as a "shadow" TD.
    Whats a "shadow" Dail? We have a Dail, we own it. Just enforce your rights, no is not an answer that is legally allowed. Demand your TD or you have no right to one.
    Mr Lenihan said the guarantee was “the cheapest bailout” compared with bank rescues in other countries, including the UK and the US, where “billions and billions of taxpayers’ money are being poured into financial institutions” - October 24 2008

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,492

    Default Re: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government

    FF TD's now hoping Greens will forget about Dublin Mayoral elections so as the three by elections won't have to be held:-

    The government's ever-tightening majority has focused attention on the Green Party's plans for a new Dublin mayor.
    A number of Fianna Fáil backbenchers privately believe that if the Greens "are serious about going the distance", such plans will have to be put on hold. "The by-elections will have to be held on the same day as the Dublin mayoral elections and Fianna Fáil will lose all three. If the Greens want this government to run as long as possible then common sense must prevail," one TD said.
    http://www.tribune.ie/news/article/2...ne-breaking-d/

    Democracy at it's best. Save my job for another two years and forget about representing the people who pay the over inflated salaries and expenses that goes with the job.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    heart of Europe
    Posts
    24,486

    Default Re: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government

    Our Tanaiste just said on TWIP that DSW is over-represented.

    Preparation of the budget is FF's main concern. FF party in DSW are fully supportive of the Tanaiste and other FFers
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Default Re: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government

    Quote Originally Posted by Xray View Post
    Demand your TD, nobody has the right by law to deny you a TD. That is the law of the people not the law of the Dail.

    Off to the Supreme Court and be done with it.
    +10.

    BUT not FG or any other political parties execpt for FF or GP has the guts to go for the junglar. It's also a question of money to fund a case to the Supreme Court as well.

    I would label FF as 'anti democratic' party.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,980

    Default Re: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government

    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/t...ld-464256.html

    Taoiseach says no plans for a by election.

  11. #11
    People Korps Guest

    Default Re: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government

    The two Donegals were the only two constituencies that voted No in Lisbon 2. There are a lot of US backed fundamentalists up there, maybe they should succeed.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Connemara
    Posts
    735

    Default Re: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government

    Is it Donegal and the G Lee seat that are now vacant? AN policy is that a by-election must be called within a 6 month period as with council seats - cooption of family members/party activists would end
    Last edited by simonj; 22-07-2010 at 06:13 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,492

    Default Re: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government

    Also Waterford since Martin Cullen resigned.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Default Re: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government

    Any word re SF's challenge to the high court??

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,980

    Default Re: Donegal south-west abandoned by the government

    Pearse Doherty's case is in the High Court on Thursday

    http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/18984

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Share us
Follow Us