Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Ryanair horror story.

Default Re: Another Ryanair horror story.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    ..and being a big guy on a flight is not much fun....
    Try asking what the poor chap in the seat next to you is feeling!

My problem is my height, I can never sit comfortably on a RyanAir flight, hence my need to stand up frequently and walk the length of the aisles to get my blood flowing. No matter how I try to position myself, my knees always end up jammed into the seat ahead of me. By the time I lower my little table, I'm trapped and need of some Houdini-esque levels of contortionism to extricate myself from things.

I have to say though: I'd be very interested to fly in a standing position, as was a vague plan of RyanAir's from some time back.

Strapped to a pole during take-off?

Has to be worth a shot.

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Quote Originally Posted by Mowl View Post
    Try asking what the poor chap in the seat next to you is feeling!

My problem is my height, I can never sit comfortably on a RyanAir flight, hence my need to stand up frequently and walk the length of the aisles to get my blood flowing. No matter how I try to position myself, my knees always end up jammed into the seat ahead of me. By the time I lower my little table, I'm trapped and need of some Houdini-esque levels of contortionism to extricate myself from things.

I have to say though: I'd be very interested to fly in a standing position, as was a vague plan of RyanAir's from some time back.

Strapped to a pole during take-off?

Has to be worth a shot.
    I let them person take the outside seat for more room

Standing would have its advantages business wise but there is regs that dictate people have to sit . Idea was mooted a few years ago but was shot down quick enough.
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Maybe Ryanair could do a "middle passage" layout with passengers laid out on the floor like on the slave ships of old.

They probably won't though, because such passengers would be less able to buy and consume drinks and snacks.

Ryanair have announced this before, and said it is conditional on acquiring 30-50 long haul aircraft at a satisfactory price. No easy task. Co-incidently, Qantas in a cost cutting move just announced yesterday that they would be shedding 50+ aircraft, and their fleet is mostly long haul. Might come sooner rather than later.

Ryanair's £10 flights to the US: would the experience be worth the ...
    In-Depth-Telegraph.co.uk-

Slashing jobs and jets, Qantas makes plea for state aid
    In-Depth-Reuters-Feb 26, 2014
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Quote Originally Posted by riposte View Post
    What's wrong with Dachau?
    Actually, I meant to say Mauthausen.

Passengers for Ryanair flight Goteborg - Malaga gathered in the Swedish airport last Tuesday, but were send back home 4 hours later. The plane had "difficulties", and they would try again the next day. All passengers for Malage gathered again on Wednesday, only to be told to make sure they had used the airport facilites, because none of the toilets on board of the plane were functioning. Many passengers cried off, and went back home. Those who braved the long toilet-less flight to Malaga got rewarded with a free drink. Best Before January 2014...

Eliphant, i have an idea Ryanair might have broken the law by knowingly flying an aircraft with defective toilets. It certainly would justify a partial refund at the ver least.

An Irish guy I met on a RyanAir flight into Tampere one time told me he hates RyanAir so much that when he uses the toilets he brings a plastic bottle into the loo with him and pees into that instead.

Then he told me that - just as the plane is landing - he pours it out onto the carpet under his seat.

Just to spite them.

He lives in a squat, drinks too much, uses hard drugs, and plays in a punk band, so I don't doubt him for a moment. It would also explain the general stink on many RyanAir flights. Said many of his circle living in the squat do it too, for similiar reasons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12