Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Senator Ivor Callely: Where do you live - Cork or Dublin?

Default Re: Senator Ivor Callely: Where do you live - Cork or Dublin?

Is he broke ?

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Is he broke ?
    Given his share of a disastrous 10 million property investment in Clontarf it wouldn't surprise me. He'll have to make the best of his various pensions I suppose.

Should he be investigated for fraud? If the answer is yes get on with it or live with the disease.

Were he to be found guilty of fraud, would it have any effect on his TDs, Senators and Ministerial pension ?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe McGillycuddy View Post
    RTE 9 news says that FF are to remove the party whip from Callely at the next meeting of the parliamentary party possibly next week.
    3 Cheers for the Soldiers of Destiny

Hoo-fecking-ray

A model to aspire to indeed

It seems likely the guy is broke and was desperately trying to scrape it together. His house is for sale. No sympathy for the expenses. He was part and parcel of the crowd that drove it all along.

TV3 says that the house in Cork has been on the market for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe McGillycuddy View Post
    RTE 9 news says that FF are to remove the party whip from Callely at the next meeting of the parliamentary party possibly next week.

Yes but he is still a member of FF. And this senate committee can only suspend him for one month. That is a joke and he keeps his 80,000. The guards and courts should be involved here.
    Cheapest bank bail out, green shoots, we have turned corner,our patriotic duty ,we call in IMF/ECB-Mr Brian Lenihan,Finance Minister

interesting that a lot of focus on this mans expenses and not much talk about the almost €700,000 per month total for TD's & senators.

That's a lot of funerals

BTW can anyone explain diff between vouched and unvouched
    I'm supporting #heyday call for an Irish General election
    (We stil need one, where the majority wake up and vote in people who want to fix the problem, not their own problems)

Nothing Happens, when WE do Nothing !!!!

http://www.facebook.com/generalelection
    We need change, any change is a start !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasB View Post
    interesting that a lot of focus on this mans expenses and not much talk about the almost €700,000 per month total for TD's & senators.

That's a lot of funerals

BTW can anyone explain diff between vouched and unvouched
    AFAIK 'vouched' refers to expenses which are backed up with receipts and associated paperwork. 'Unvouched' would be more or less taken on trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Out View Post
    Yes but he is still a member of FF. And this senate committee can only suspend him for one month. That is a joke and he keeps his 80,000. The guards and courts should be involved here.
    A Mr. Mullins tried to make a formal complaint to the Gardai at Clontarf, but they wouldn't take his statement and directed him to the Clerk of the Senate.

A Mr. Mullins tried to make a formal complaint to the Gardai at Clontarf, but they wouldn't take his statement and directed him to the Clerk of the Senate.
    Very much along the lines of "that would be a civil matter" (as opposed to that would be an ecumenical matter)

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Well View Post
    Very much along the lines of "that would be a civil matter" (as opposed to that would be an ecumenical matter)
    I think you're wrong. I believe the Gardaí just don't have powers to investigate violations of Oireachtas expenses rules. It's more of a constitutional matter.
    "It is we the workers who built these palaces and cities here in Spain and in America and everywhere. We, the workers, can build others to take their place. And better ones! We are not in the least afraid of ruins. We are going to inherit the earth; there is not the slightest doubt about that. The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history. We carry a new world here, in our hearts."
    — Buenaventura Durruti

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ryder View Post
    I think you're wrong. I believe the Gardaí just don't have powers to investigate violations of Oireachtas expenses rules. It's more of a constitutional matter.
    Mr. Mullins felt that fraud should be investigated. But it does seem fair enough that the first port of call should be the Oireachtas itself.

If no action taken though, a trip to the Gardai would imo be reasonable. Section 8 of the 1993 Ethics Act does allow a member of the public to bring a complaint.

Lightbulb Re: Senator Ivor Callely: Where do you live - Cork or Dublin?

Mr. Mullins felt that fraud should be investigated. But it does seem fair enough that the first port of call should be the Oireachtas itself.

If no action taken though, a trip to the Gardai would imo be reasonable. Section 8 of the 1993 Ethics Act does allow a member of the public to bring a complaint.
    Do I hear an email campaign starting

Also if vouched expenses have receipts, can they be seen under FOI, wouldn't mind having a look at them myself. anyone know the procedure hear, can general public make a request and how much does it cost ?

Maybe a few people from each constituency could keep tabs on their public rep. Would be interesting how much it is costing per dail visit etc.

It still seems obvious to me that with recruitment bans, pay cuts & freezes, and massive layoffs that we cannot afford €700,000 a month for expenses.
    How about a few layoffs in the Political arena and some more pay cuts, come on guys be patriotic andshow some LEADERSHIP
    I'm supporting #heyday call for an Irish General election
    (We stil need one, where the majority wake up and vote in people who want to fix the problem, not their own problems)

Nothing Happens, when WE do Nothing !!!!

http://www.facebook.com/generalelection
    We need change, any change is a start !!!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast