Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Senator Ivor Callely: Where do you live - Cork or Dublin?

Default Re: Senator Ivor Callely: Where do you live - Cork or Dublin?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49 View Post
    Senator Ivor Callely has won his High Court challenge to the Seanad Committee expenses investigation ...
    I'm not surprised. There was far more interest in providing a distracting circus than there was in due process.

Senator Ivor Callely has won his High Court challenge to the Seanad Committee expenses investigation ...
    I'm shocked to hear that he won the case which proves Bart Ahern right or at least keep him happy.

I wonder who was that judge?? Any chance of appeal???

What's the story with costs ... were they awarded to Callely? ... can't see it mentioned

If so the taxpayer as usual will pick up the bill ...

This is not such good news for Callely as it first appears. It does not in any way endorse the correctness or otherwise of what he did, rather it is a judgement on the interepretation on a matter of law by the committee and the procedures used by the committee against Callely.

If the political arena is not the appropriate place to deal with the matter, then I suggest that the justice system is. It should focus on the telephone invoices in particular.

Being speculated this might be appealed to the Supreme Court so the circus performance isn't over yet ....

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...reaking28.html

Fined in Court today for using a mobile phone while driving. The judge seems to have been of the view that he perjured himself.

Well done, Ivor.
    FORMER SENATOR Ivor Callely’s High Court victory in his expenses row with the Oireachtas led to him receiving the highest allowances in the Seanad last year.

New figures show Mr Callely was paid €39,875 for the last 10 months of 2010 under the new parliamentary standard allowance scheme introduced in March last year.
    The new information, posted on the Oireachtas website last night, shows Mr Callely made all his claims for 2010 on the same date in February 2011. This was shortly after he won his High Court case, which ruled a Seanad committee had acted outside its powers in disciplinary proceedings it had taken against him.

Under the new system, TDs and Senators are paid travel allowances based on their distance from Leinster House. In his claim for the 10 months of 2010, Mr Callely declares that the zone of his residence is 12, the furthest distance from the Oireachtas. This indicates that he claimed for travelling from the holiday home near Schull in west Cork in 2010.

The Oireachtas payment figures for 2010 only cover the period since the new allowance system became operational between March and December.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...301448610.html

Same as the English MP who was busted on expenses- immediately ramped up the expenses to the max when he knew the gravy train was coming to an end.

I think it seems to be a 'might as well get hung for a sheep as for a lamb' process.

Huge amount of intergity obviously.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

I get a very horrible anger when I think of this man - in my country (I am not from ire) he would be in a bad place for a long longer time

Former politician, Ivor Callely has been given an eight-month suspended sentence after admitting he "flipped" and repeatedly ransacked a GP's waiting room in a "bizarre" and "sustained" harassment campaign.

Mr Callely, 60, was caught red-handed after Dr James Dolan installed a hidden camera in his practice at 191 Howth Road, in Dublin 3. LINK

Exactly what is a 'former' politician??? Is this guy on any kind of a State/Ministerial pension?
    Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

Former politician, Ivor Callely has been given an eight-month suspended sentence after admitting he "flipped" and repeatedly ransacked a GP's waiting room in a "bizarre" and "sustained" harassment campaign.

Mr Callely, 60, was caught red-handed after Dr James Dolan installed a hidden camera in his practice at 191 Howth Road, in Dublin 3. LINK

Exactly what is a 'former' politician??? Is this guy on any kind of a State/Ministerial pension?
    I think he will be on 3 pensions - a TDs pension, a ministerial pension and a senator pension as he had all three roles AFAIK before the system was changed so that politicians now have to wait until normal retirement age to collect their pension(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I think he will be on 3 pensions - a TDs pension, a ministerial pension and a senator pension as he had all three roles AFAIK before the system was changed so that politicians now have to wait until normal retirement age to collect their pension(s).

Ivor has major property debts, approx 10m, and should have been foreclosed on a long time ago, FF's favourite bank, AIB, keep him from bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley 2 View Post
    Ivor has major property debts, approx 10m, and should have been foreclosed on a long time ago, FF's favourite bank, AIB, keep him from bankruptcy.
    FF's favourite bank? Lol.

https://www.rte.ie/news/1999/0217/578-fitzgerald/

Poor old Stanley. Politics.ie seems to be down today, but you couldn't resist your fix, could you?
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    FF's favourite bank? Lol.

https://www.rte.ie/news/1999/0217/578-fitzgerald/

Poor old Stanley. Politics.ie seems to be down today, but you couldn't resist your fix, could you?

AIB wrote off 3 times that amount for Charlie,

Charlie through selling his estate at top whack to Moran, the builder, who a couple of years later went bang without doing anything at Kinsealy, dumped the debt of 46m on the taxpayer, smart lad Charlie or just an evil cant, did the pair of them know what they were up to, did they fck.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast