Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

It appears to be the end of one of the biggest lies in modern history. Implications for the US plan to attack Iran ?

I have my doubts about whether Obama is willing to risk attacking Iran. Its a completely different kettle of fish to Iraq and the targets the US/Israelis would need to hit are spread around maybe a dozen locations across deepest Iran.

The 'Israelis' would need to cross Turkish and US controlled airspace so would need the recognition codes from the Americans and the Americans don't show any signs of handing the codes over to the 'Israelis'.

However the threatened attack on Iran might be Israeli posturing partly because of the rightwing tubthumping orthodox who hold the Knesset and partly because the 'Israelis' remember how quickly the international banking system hurried through a major loan when they were taking hits from scuds. Maybe they think its a good way to keep pressure on the US to keep funding them- who knows?

Looking down the road a bit the US cannot afford to keep underwriting the fake state so I can see 'Israel' becoming vulnerable in a few years and therefore more dangerous than a cornered rat. Their economy cannot survive without large amounts of US dollars and the US don't have them any more.

Got me drifting off on the possibilities of a series of raids on Iran now ... the thing that sort of puzzles me and sort of doesn't really is this constant pressing of the alarm button on Ahmedinejad's intentions to nuke everything in sight.

I know that the Americans have the technology to decide where exactly the Iranian nuclear programme is at because its a long winded, expensive and hard-to-hide process to produce weapons grade materiel as the uranium has to be spun at high speed in industrial centrifuges and the Americans must have been monitoring every desert mouse fart for years there.

I would assume the Yanks know precisely where the Iranians are with the production of nukes and they'll be aware how much the 'Israelis' are pushing the panic button in order to keep eyes off Israel and its creeping landtheft and policy of apartheid towards Palestinians.

That and the usual 'Israeli' line about anybody not actively supporting them being antisemitic of course. That'll never go away.

I think its better to look at the very wide context of the pressure on Iran. The Afghanistan-Iran border is getting very messy.

I keep hearing replays from the time that the Russians were in Afghanistan. Lots of reports of taking Taliban areas but then reports of attacks close to the main base and even close in to the capital.

The whole region is unstable and westerners would be better off out it and let the natural leader emerge and deal with that regime. Boots on the ground anywhere there is a disastrous policy.

Better a strong local leader and an aircraft carrier off the coast than sitting troops in a shooting alley and having to bribe everyone in sight not to overrun them. They need to get the troops out of Afghanistan immediately as we're now entering the traditional fighting season there.

Update on this issue: A CNN report in which the Israelis deny ever having an exchange of information on nuclear weapons or any agreement. http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/me...ial/index.html

Considering the one doing the denying is Shimon Peres who is currently President and was at the time Defence Minister it is pretty relevant.

Extract: 'Another memo, apparently bearing Peres' signature and published on Israeli Ministry of Defense stationery, thanks South African Information Secretary E.M. Rhoodie for his "great efforts" in ensuring successful meetings between Israel and South Africa in December 1974.

The document says a "vitally important cooperation between our two countries has been initiated," but does not go into details.

A third document purports to detail talks between Botha and Peres.

Botha asks for "the correct payload" and Peres tells him it is "available in three sizes," according to the South African minutes of the meeting.'

Just checking some other media reports on the declassification of South African records; This ABC Australia report mentions that the Israelis offered to sell some Jericho missiles to South Africa in 1975 and that there was a joint test firing organised by Israel and South Africa in 1979 in the southern Indian ocean. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...25/2908210.htm

According to HistoryOrb which has a list of known nuclear live-fire tests Israel test-fired a nuke in the Southern Indian Ocean on 29 September 1979. http://www.historyorb.com/war/weapon...ar-testing?p=8

Mordecai Vanunu, the Israeli nuclear whistleblower who was kidnapped by Mossad and spent years in solitary in jail has been put back in jail again today - for "talking to a foreigner".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...in-prison.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Syndrome View Post
    Lapsed, mind cutting out the language and attitude in this thread. And as I corrected you before if you are so concerned about the plight of Judaism, yuo address them as Jewish people and not "Jews"
    Come again?

Kirghiz, the message refers to a post which has now been removed I believe. Just in case you were wondering ...

On Vanunu -

The former nuclear technician, who served 18 years for disclosing atomic secrets to a British newspaper, had opted for community service but asked Israel's Supreme Court if he could perform it in Arab east Jerusalem.

Vanunu said he did not want to work in mainly Jewish west Jerusalem for fear that he would be "harassed by the Israeli population."

The court rejected his request and ordered him to serve three months behind bars.
    "Shame on you, Israel, and the stupid Shin Bet and Mossad spies who are returning me to jail after 24 years in which I have spoken only the truth," Vanunu shouted in court before being led away, referring to Israel's internal security arm and its international spy service.
    "Freedom is a basic part of human rights. I am not an animal. You punished me in the past, but I cannot accept a violation of my freedom of expression."
    The 55-year-old was arrested in December at a Jerusalem hotel while talking to a Norwegian woman.

Vanunu was jailed in 1986 for disclosing the inner workings of Israel's Dimona nuclear plant to Britain's Sunday Times newspaper.

Since his release in 2004, he has been detained several times for violating the terms of his release that ban him from travel or contact with foreigners.

Rights group Amnesty International said earlier this month that if Israel sent Vanunu back to jail, it would declare him "a prisoner of conscience."

Israel is widely believed to be the only nuclear-armed power in the Middle East, with around 200 warheads, but it has a policy of neither confirming nor denying that.
    The Jewish state has refused to sign the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty or to allow international surveillance of Dimona in the southern Negev desert.

Vanunu became an international cause celebre during his time in prison.

Bizarre bunch. I'm told that Golda Meir's biography relates how 16 nukes were fitted to Israeli jets during the Six Day War when it looked distinctly like Israel could be overrun.

But perhaps the former Prime Minister of Israel merely 'mis-spoke'. Its a bit harsh imprisoning someone for talking about nuclear weapons Israel supposedly doesn't have when the former Prime Minister of the country openly admits they had them in the 1960s.

I note Golda Meir wasn't thrown into a jail cell.

I assume then the the Nuclear weapons that SA had for a period were basically Israeli supplied?

The yanks really dropped the ball here letting anyone have this technology at all. We are at a point now where is really must stop any more nuts getting their hands on these things. Military technology is too cheap and too advanced to allow nuclear war heads lie about the place. To think North Korea has them is just amazing, realistically if they attacked the south in any meaningful way there would be little option other than to hit them hard first before a missile got off the ground. That is a very bad place to be.
    Mr Lenihan said the guarantee was “the cheapest bailout” compared with bank rescues in other countries, including the UK and the US, where “billions and billions of taxpayers’ money are being poured into financial institutions” - October 24 2008

Pretty much. It was an open secret about the connections between the Afrikaner apartheid regime and the 'Israeli' fake state.

It was based philoshophically on a shared desire to have a 'final strike' capability against the 'dark skinned peoples'. And that latter phrase was a phrase used between Israelis and South Afrikaners.

A really bizarre moment in global history- one semite group allying itself with a basically nazi regime in order to share technology to protect itself against ... semites.

I wouldn't have minded being a fly on the wall when the Israeli politicians were trying to explain that one to other members of the 'chosen race'.

Thats the other thing they had in common. A shared belief that others outside their viewpoint were and are 'untermensch'.

Scrape the surface of a Zionist and it won't be long before Godwins law looms.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast