Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Xray View Post
    I assume then the the Nuclear weapons that SA had for a period were basically Israeli supplied?

The yanks really dropped the ball here letting anyone have this technology at all. We are at a point now where is really must stop any more nuts getting their hands on these things. Military technology is too cheap and too advanced to allow nuclear war heads lie about the place. To think North Korea has them is just amazing, realistically if they attacked the south in any meaningful way there would be little option other than to hit them hard first before a missile got off the ground. That is a very bad place to be.
    It wasn't an accident. They intended Israeli to be a proxy power to protect their "interests" in the Middle East.

I'd agree with that ... I note from Jenkin's biography of Churchill that around the end of the second world war the Americans had proposed that a seperate state be set up there and Churchill warned them that it would be a terrible idea and have far-reaching consequences. He wasn't wrong. I believe he suggested that Madagascar would be a more appropriate place.

The Americans did set out to set up a tail in the Middle East. The only problem was that the tail decided to start wagging the dog and the dog is only now beginning to realise it.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    This seems to me to be one of the most important news stories of the week.

One obvious question that arises is where did they get the technology and materials.
    Ariel Sharon has died.
    http://www.independent.ie/world-news...-29907843.html
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123