Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,044

    Default Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    Looks like fake state 'Israel' was quite happy to offer nuclear weapons it claims it has never had to apartheid era South Africa.


    'Secret South African documents reveal that Israel offered to sell nuclear warheads to the apartheid regime, providing the first official documentary evidence of the state's possession of nuclear weapons.

    The "top secret" minutes of meetings between senior officials from the two countries in 1975 show that South Africa's defence minister, PW Botha, asked for the warheads and Shimon Peres, then Israel's defence minister and now its president, responded by offering them "in three sizes". The two men also signed a broad-ranging agreement governing military ties between the two countries that included a clause declaring that "the very existence of this agreement" was to remain secret.

    The documents, uncovered by an American academic, Sasha Polakow-Suransky, in research for a book on the close relationship between the two countries, provide evidence that Israel has nuclear weapons despite its policy of "ambiguity" in neither confirming nor denying their existence.

    The Israeli authorities tried to stop South Africa's post-apartheid government declassifying the documents at Polakow-Suransky's request and the revelations will be an embarrassment, particularly as this week's nuclear non-proliferation talks in New York focus on the Middle East.

    They will also undermine Israel's attempts to suggest that, if it has nuclear weapons, it is a "responsible" power that would not misuse them, whereas countries such as Iran cannot be trusted.'

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...uclear-weapons

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    2,375

    Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    Looks like fake state 'Israel' was quite happy to offer nuclear weapons it claims it has never had to apartheid era South Africa.


    'Secret South African documents reveal that Israel offered to sell nuclear warheads to the apartheid regime, providing the first official documentary evidence of the state's possession of nuclear weapons.

    The "top secret" minutes of meetings between senior officials from the two countries in 1975 show that South Africa's defence minister, PW Botha, asked for the warheads and Shimon Peres, then Israel's defence minister and now its president, responded by offering them "in three sizes". The two men also signed a broad-ranging agreement governing military ties between the two countries that included a clause declaring that "the very existence of this agreement" was to remain secret.

    The documents, uncovered by an American academic, Sasha Polakow-Suransky, in research for a book on the close relationship between the two countries, provide evidence that Israel has nuclear weapons despite its policy of "ambiguity" in neither confirming nor denying their existence.

    The Israeli authorities tried to stop South Africa's post-apartheid government declassifying the documents at Polakow-Suransky's request and the revelations will be an embarrassment, particularly as this week's nuclear non-proliferation talks in New York focus on the Middle East.

    They will also undermine Israel's attempts to suggest that, if it has nuclear weapons, it is a "responsible" power that would not misuse them, whereas countries such as Iran cannot be trusted.'

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...uclear-weapons
    What did Jews ever do to s***************************rs like you to promote such wrath ?
    Last edited by C. Flower; 24-05-2010 at 06:52 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,044

    Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    You forgot to call me a 'racist' "****************". I'll give you a couple of minutes to calm down and either dispute the information given in the linked article and apologise for that comment or I'll have to report the post.

    Listen pal if the news doesn't suit you its because you are wrong- not the news.
    Last edited by C. Flower; 24-05-2010 at 06:57 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    2,375

    Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    You forgot to call me a '*******************". I'll give you a couple of minutes to calm down and either dispute the information given in the linked article and apologise for that comment or I'll have to report the post.

    Listen pal if the news doesn't suit you its because you are wrong- not the news.
    Report away. Then **********************s.
    Last edited by C. Flower; 24-05-2010 at 06:57 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,044

    Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    Reported. And you never even got the chance to call me 'antisemitic' for linking to some facts about your fake state.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,044

    Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    There is an accompanying article which outlines contact between the apartheid regime in South Africa and 'Israel'.

    'Rafael Eitan, the former Israeli military chief of staff, was among those who spoke of his sympathy for the white regime's position. So did Ariel Sharon, the future prime minister.

    In the late 80s, as international pressure on the apartheid government grew, Israel's political leadership decided it was time to retreat. But Liel said that the security establishment balked.

    "When we came to the crossroads in 86-87, in which the foreign ministry said we have to switch from white to black, the security establishment said, 'You're crazy, it's suicidal'. They were saying we wouldn't have military and aviation industries unless we had had South Africa as our main client from the mid-1970s; they saved Israel. By the way, it's probably true," he said.'


    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...clear-warheads

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,260

    Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    Lapsed, mind cutting out the language and attitude in this thread. And as I corrected you before if you are so concerned about the plight of Judaism, yuo address them as Jewish people and not "Jews"
    "When people fear the government, we have tyranny. When the government fear the people we have liberty."

    Thomas Jefferson.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,044

    Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    Hang on a sec- this lapsed methodist poster has basically posted race based abuse or am I misinterpreting the phrase '******************'.

    Do I take it that this is acceptable to mods on this forum?
    Last edited by C. Flower; 24-05-2010 at 09:42 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,982

    Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    Hang on a sec- this lapsed methodist poster has basically posted race based abuse or am I misinterpreting the phrase **************************.

    Do I take it that this is acceptable to mods on this forum?
    Captain Con, it certainly isn't. I sent a pm to you a couple of minutes ago telling you the posts were being modded.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,044

    Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    Righto- thanks CF. I'll take a look at the rules on the forum because that little mouthful would be a ban on the vast majority of forums.

    However- I'm quite happy to adopt that language if its freely available to use.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,982

    Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    Righto- thanks CF. I'll take a look at the rules on the forum because that little mouthful would be a ban on the vast majority of forums.

    However- I'm quite happy to adopt that language if its freely available to use.
    For the avoidance of any doubt, that language is not acceptable on this site, the poster has been warned by pm and required to withdraw it. If he doesn't he'll be banned.

    The only reason he wasn't banned without warning is that he's a long standing poster who hasn't previous infractions.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,982

    Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    There is an accompanying article which outlines contact between the apartheid regime in South Africa and 'Israel'.

    'Rafael Eitan, the former Israeli military chief of staff, was among those who spoke of his sympathy for the white regime's position. So did Ariel Sharon, the future prime minister.

    In the late 80s, as international pressure on the apartheid government grew, Israel's political leadership decided it was time to retreat. But Liel said that the security establishment balked.

    "When we came to the crossroads in 86-87, in which the foreign ministry said we have to switch from white to black, the security establishment said, 'You're crazy, it's suicidal'. They were saying we wouldn't have military and aviation industries unless we had had South Africa as our main client from the mid-1970s; they saved Israel. By the way, it's probably true," he said.'


    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...clear-warheads
    This seems to me to be one of the most important news stories of the week.

    One obvious question that arises is where did they get the technology and materials.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,044

    Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    I'm surprised myself- I'd be a lot happier if he or she would just withdraw that nonsense. Its well below par for that particular poster I'm well aware. Its an absurd outburst and does the poster zero credit.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,982

    Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    I'm surprised myself- I'd be a lot happier if he or she would just withdraw that nonsense. Its well below par for that particular poster I'm well aware. Its an absurd outburst and does the poster zero credit.
    I think it gives some indication of the importance of the report that's being discussed on this thread.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,044

    Default Re: Israel Offered Nukes to Apartheid S Africa

    Its something thats been commented on and the megaphoners' hate it when its raised as the current propoganda technique is to 'whatabboutery' at all costs. They can never explain why 'Israel' and apartheid South Africa basically propped each other up. And they certainly don't want people being reminded of it as you've seen.

    Strange bedfellows- you can be sure that around an Afrikaner fireplace the 'Israelis' were referred to in less than complementary terms. About the only thing in common was that both groups assumed they were the 'chosen' race for differing ideological reasons.

    Either way the diamond market didn't suffer much during sanctions on South Africa and I cannot verify this at the moment but I do know that there was a lot of equipment going into South Africa from the 'Israelis' and plenty of it was used in the townships.

    I'm told that this was sold to the louts on both sides as an alliance against the 'dark skinned' and I see that phrase crops up in one of the articles.

    Either way its a connection that 'Israel' supporters don't like seeing brought up in a debating forum thats for sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Share us
Follow Us