Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clock spotting.

Default Clock spotting.

Given the British record on the administration of justice in Ireland how can anyone be sure the two men Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov , who stand accused, if not already convicted of the Salisbury nerve agent attack would ever get a fair trial in the UK?

For the record as this case develops lets look at what the two men have to say....

Quote.. Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov told Russia Today (RT) they were only in Salisbury on 3 March as tourists to visit the cathedral and nearby Stonehenge.

In their first interview since being named as suspects by the British government they said they are victims of a "fantastical coincidence" and would like an apology from the real poisoners.

The pair, who claim that is their real names, said their friends had told them to visit "this wonderful town, Salisbury, which has a famous cathedral and 120m spire, and is famous for its clock".

They said they wanted to go to Stonehenge but were prevented from doing so because there was "muddy slush everywhere" so they got wet and went back to London an hour after arriving, as there was an intermittent Sunday train service. unquote. https://news.sky.com/story/novichok-...oning-11496511

Personally, i think the British have messed up any opportunity to apprehend these men by indicting them by media.
    Last edited by Trow; 13-09-2018 at 02:14 PM.
    Happiness is an inside job.

Default Re: Clock spotting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trow View Post
    Given the British record on the administration of justice in Ireland how can anyone be sure the two men Alexander Petrov and Ruslan, who stand accused, if not already convicted of the Salisbury nerve agent attack would ever get a fair trial in the UK?

For the record as this case develops lets look at what the two men have to say....

Quote.. Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov told Russia Today (RT) they were only in Salisbury on 3 March as tourists to visit the cathedral and nearby Stonehenge.

In their first interview since being named as suspects by the British government they said they are victims of a "fantastical coincidence" and would like an apology from the real poisoners.

The pair, who claim that is their real names, said their friends had told them to visit "this wonderful town, Salisbury, which has a famous cathedral and 120m spire, and is famous for its clock".

They said they wanted to go to Stonehenge but were prevented from doing so because there was "muddy slush everywhere" so they got wet and went back to London an hour after arriving, as there was an intermittent Sunday train service. unquote. https://news.sky.com/story/novichok-...oning-11496511

Personally, i think the British have messed up any opportunity to apprehend these men by indicting them by media.
    I've been in Salisbury, and find it incredible that anyone would spend only an hour there after travelling all that way, frankly.
    “Me, poor man, my library
    Was dukedom large enough.”

A search on the name "Skripal" shows it's already been discussed in three threads.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

I don't think the British ever thought that by naming these two men, that they would be just handed over by the Russian authorities to stand trial in the UK. But, it warns other Governments about them.

Quote Originally Posted by statsman1 View Post
    I've been in Salisbury, and find it incredible that anyone would spend only an hour there after travelling all that way, frankly.
    Hardly enough to convict the men. They were rained off one location [stonehenge] so how long does it take to look at a Cathedral, it's spire and clock?
    In the absence of any other cctv evidence placing them in the area during the hours of darkness or at any other time, i find it hard to believe they managed their clock spotting and a nerve agent attack within that one hour window.

Think you'd need a bio hazard suit handling nerve agent too.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    A search on the name "Skripal" shows it's already been discussed in three threads.
    Wonderful observation Count. You're the first one so far though to mention "Skripal" [on this thread]
    Besides, this is a Trow exclusive. Scroll back through the Brexit thread from yesterday. Who first mentioned the weather as a factor? To think that it would feature in todays news in relation to these two men.
    Last edited by Trow; 13-09-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    I don't think the British ever thought that by naming these two men, that they would be just handed over by the Russian authorities to stand trial in the UK. But, it warns other Governments about them.
    In that case they [British Intelligence] should have kept quiet and allowed them to think they'd got away with it. Going public grounds the two in their own country and thwarts the opportunity to arrest them during future travels.

This ''trial by media'' is the trait of British and US Intelligence and is designed to bring about a desirable outcome. The weapons of mass destruction spoof and beefed up dossier in relation to Saddam and Iraq for example.

For research purposes... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison..._Yulia_Skripal
    Last edited by Trow; 14-09-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Hardly enough to convict the men. They were rained off one location [stonehenge] so how long does it take to look at a Cathedral, it's spire and clock?
    In the absence of any other cctv evidence placing them in the area during the hours of darkness or at any other time, i find it hard to believe they managed their clock spotting and a nerve agent attack within that one hour window.

Think you'd need a bio hazard suit handling nerve agent too.
    2 hours, 13 minutes.

https://twitter.com/ACPCarnegie/stat...41544782127104

And i'm sure having travelled by train there'll be tickets and cctv to corroborate their story. Bit of a mad mission to apply a nerve agent to a door handle in broad daylight still though is'nt it?

To stick around and get mug shotted on cctv aswell as leaving a trail like an elephant in the snow does'nt come across to me as a secret agents way of going about an assassination and avoiding blame.

And i'm sure having travelled by train there'll be tickets and cctv to corroborate their story. Bit of a mad mission to apply a nerve agent to a door handle in broad daylight still though is'nt it?

To stick around and get mug shotted on cctv aswell as leaving a trail like an elephant in the snow does'nt come across to me as a secret agents way of going about an assassination and avoiding blame.
    They're quite clearly lying; why is anyone's guess.

They're quite clearly lying; why is anyone's guess.
    If ''they're'' are the Russians you're referring to.....

Show me were it is ''clear.'' It would only become clear if the British can produce proof to place them in the area outside the time frame they claim or directly link them to the victims home. [were as i understand the nerve agent is said to have been placed] and frankly, i doubt Russian intelligence, if involved, would permit the men to go on tv and state their case this way for fear it is a British Intelligence ploy to commit themselves before ambushing them with additional evidence later. [It may well happen yet]

Think chess. It's the Russian national sport.
    Last edited by Trow; 13-09-2018 at 05:11 PM.

I can understand people not trusting the Brits but I think on this one they are telling the truth.

Consider the alternative, as this tweeter puts it:

@Barthsnotes
    "How was the weekend?"

"We spent two evenings indoors at our seedy hotel in east London. On Sat we travelled to Salisbury, but caught the next train back due to bad weather. On Sun we returned for two hours to visit the cathedral, but we mostly wandered around a random suburb."

https://twitter.com/Barthsnotes/stat...63678652809218
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    I can understand people not trusting the Brits but I think on this one they are telling the truth.

Consider the alternative, as this tweeter puts it:

@Barthsnotes
    "How was the weekend?"

"We spent two evenings indoors at our seedy hotel in east London. On Sat we travelled to Salisbury, but caught the next train back due to bad weather. On Sun we returned for two hours to visit the cathedral, but we mostly wandered around a random suburb."

https://twitter.com/Barthsnotes/stat...63678652809218
    And it all sure does help mould the British post Brexit security stance. I hear America had another dig at Russia today aswell... https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-...ssia-1.4821193

In any court, in the absence of any other evidence it's still all just circumstantial. As defined in ''British Law.''

I've heard similar questioning of the nitty gritty detail across media such as ''How could these two men let the slush/snow shorten their visit to Salisbury when they are from Russia were there's more snow and the temperature is -10c?''
    Maybe if the same people would look at their footwear [ the accused Russians] instead of their faces, that might answer that.
    Last edited by Trow; 13-09-2018 at 09:16 PM.

The behaviour here does seem a bit suspect though....

I met two girls in London who had come all the way from NZ, got a train to Wales, looked around the street outside the station for five minutes, decided they didn't like it, and went back to London on the same train.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast