Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alex Jones banned from Apple, Facebook, Spotify etc.

Default Re: Alex Jones banned from Apple, Facebook, Spotify etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    In this day and age can organisations, especially political ones, boycott social media and expect to survive? It would be like, in times past, refusing to use the printing press.
    I'm not a big user of social so I don't really know.
    My sense is that FB is no longer cool. The kids have migrated elsewhere because they don't want to share a platform with their grandparents.
    Apart Trump and journalists themselves, who are big fans, Twitter doesn't seem to make an impression in the daily cacophony. Few other pols use it
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    I'm not a big user of social so I don't really know.
    My sense is that FB is no longer cool. The kids have migrated elsewhere because they don't want to share a platform with their grandparents.
    Apart Trump and journalists themselves, who are big fans, Twitter doesn't seem to make an impression in the daily cacophony. Few other pols use it
    Pew has a new survey on US attitudes to social media. 44% of millenials have deleted the FB app from their phones in the last 12 months.

As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

MEDIAWATCH -- "Conspiracy Theories Made Alex Jones Very Rich. They May Bring Him Down," by NYT's Elizabeth Williamson and Emily Steel in Austin: "Mr. Jones likes to portray his digital channel, Infowars, as a media outlet, and he is quick to wrap himself in the First Amendment. But in business terms, it is more accurate to describe Infowars as an online store that uses Mr. Jones's commentary to move merchandise. Its revenue comes primarily from the sale of a grab-bag of health-enhancement and survivalist products that Mr. Jones hawks constantly." NYT

Apple bans Infowars app from store
    BY JOHN BOWDEN
    Apple has permanently banned InfoWars' app from its app store, just weeks after the tech giant announced it was monitoring the right-wing conspiracy newscast app for possible content policy violations.
    Read the full story here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12