Thread: The law does not work

Default The law does not work

The laws of Ukraine should not contradict the Constitution. International law contradicts the laws of Ukraine. Separatism is a criminal offense under the criminal code of Ukraine. And according to international law, people have the right to self-determination. Therefore, there is a war in the Donbass. The people of the Dnieper self-determined, and Ukraine considers them separatists.

legality or illegality is a subjective opinion

Putin and Poroshenko accuse each other of lawlessness

jurisprudence is an unprovable science, I now doubt whether science is at all or not

The UN Secretary General called the events around Catalonia an internal affair of Spain
    He also said that he does not recognize the independence of Catholicism
    According to the resolution of Gen. To the Assembly, all peoples have the right to self-determination
    International law does not work.

Putin defends the right of the Crimea and the Donbass to self-determination
    Poroshenko fights against separatism - a criminal offense
    The right is not an objective phenomenon, but a subjective one. Pointless argument. Holy war.

It turns out people kill each other for control of the territory. Law does not interest anyone at all.

Default Maidir Le: The law does not work

Quote Originally Posted by Interaktive View Post
    The laws of Ukraine should not contradict the Constitution. International law contradicts the laws of Ukraine. Separatism is a criminal offense under the criminal code of Ukraine. And according to international law, people have the right to self-determination. Therefore, there is a war in the Donbass. The people of the Dnieper self-determined, and Ukraine considers them separatists.

jurisprudence is an unprovable science, I now doubt whether science is at all or not

The UN Secretary General called the events around Catalonia an internal affair of Spain
    According to the resolution of Gen. To the Assembly, all peoples have the right to self-determination

The right is not an objective phenomenon, but a subjective one. Pointless argument. Holy war.

It turns out people kill each other for control of the territory. Law does not interest anyone at all.
    1: Explain.

2: Sweeping conclusory statements like that constantly get people in trouble.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Default Re: Maidir Le: The law does not work

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    1: Explain.

2: Sweeping conclusory statements like that constantly get people in trouble.
    Human rights are mythology

Default Re: The law does not work

Ukrainians have lost the hope to defend their rights

Default Maidir Le: Re: Maidir Le: The law does not work

Human rights are mythology
    To say nothing of the human rights of fish.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

This is obviously a spambot character. Don't the Admins monitor for disrupters like this anymore?

wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    This is obviously a spambot character. Don't the Admins monitor for disrupters like this anymore?
    I don't think so... Just... Unusual. Let's see how things go.

To be fair, the mods cannot be here 24/7 particularly given the small number of active accounts. I have always found anything I reported has been promptly acted on.

Saoirse, you can send my payment to the usual account. Bitcoins NOT accepted.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    To be fair, the mods cannot be here 24/7 particularly given the small number of active accounts. I have always found anything I reported has been promptly acted on.

Saoirse, you can send my payment to the usual account. Bitcoins NOT accepted.
    Yes, please do report posts and we can look at them, it's very helpful.

I'm having a positive thinking weekend Pluralist, no one has aggregated me yet so I'm still trying to see the best in people

Politicians act outside the law. The people influence politicians through the suffrage and the programs of political parties, according to which laws will be adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    I don't think so... Just... Unusual. Let's see how things go.
    Every comment so far is pure gibberish with no substantive issues or points. Maybe this guy should set up a philosophy forum.

Treason is a criminal offence in most countries, whether people agree with it or not. There is no ethnically different people in Ukraine that mythically wants to turn the smaller oblasts of the East into another Transnistria. This is such a small percentage of the nation that it only covers a part f the border with Russia-the reality is Russia has no support along 90% of the Ukrainian-Russian border. I have met many people who have fled from Donetsk and none of them did it for the good of their health. Aside from the abandoned population in Crimea, which reportedly has been deserted by its young people who have all fled to Kiev or Poland, nobody in Ukraine supports Russian rule. And the point is not how great Poroshenko is but how much worse life under Vladimir Putin probably would be for a nation that has a long and unstable history, often exploited by Russia.

So, no, when only a small percent of a nation maybe supports Russia in some way, that is not a justification for proxy warfare. America may have started this crisis but there's plenty of blame to go around and Russia is doing nothing to stop the bloodshed. Putin is a very powerful man, this conflict could be over tomorrow if this wasn't some personal point he feels he has to make to Europe as a response to nato etc. Ukrainians are pawns in a larger game, but Russia is not some blameless actor in this either. Whatever Poroshenko has done in his life, Putin has no doubt authorised much worse in his country's crusades abroad in Georgia, Ukraine and Syria, all pointless conflicts just to distract from problems at home-all the more pointless given his rule is ironclad there and this is just pure exhibitionism to take advantage of unstable situations where they arise(irrespective of who causes them, the man's a dangerous opportunist).

Crimea though is a moot point, it has changed hands every few decades going back centuries. The people there replaced the Tatars by and large too as colonists of sorts-it is not all black and white as either all one side's fault or the other but the point here is the fact this conflict has lasted so long is mostly Russia's fault.