Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential Election, Higgins to return unopposed?

Default Re: Presidential Election, Higgins to return unopposed?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley 2 View Post
    Tis hard for an FFer to face the truth, it is an unusual experience for them.
    Yes Stanley, that strange little feeling you get in your blue bum every so often, but never understand what it is, that would be a truth having a bite.

Really I can't think of too many negative things associated with MDHs political past. One of the few good guys.

I think Ireland's political system has had far too much influence from the gombeen business type's since the states inception. The thought of any of the dragon den types or Bill Cullen as heads of state is nauseating.

I have no objection to business people serving in politics and if anything would like to see more of them in the Dail. I'm not sure if I'd want one as President though.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    I have no objection to business people serving in politics and if anything would like to see more of them in the Dail. I'm not sure if I'd want one as President though.
    There would be no sense in objecting to a business person simply because they were a business person, unless you are an ideologue, in which case the "no sense" thing probably doesn't matter all that much to you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraxinus View Post
    I think Ireland's political system has had far too much influence from the gombeen business type's since the states inception. The thought of any of the dragon den types or Bill Cullen as heads of state is nauseating.
    As opposed to career parasite politicians with their hands in everyone's pocket?

Regards...jmcc

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    Sinn Fein have announced their nomination process and will select the candidate from those nominated in September.
    it was on pie there awhile ago before it calved that mary lou said shes only nominatin a woman!!!! **** that for sexist ***** in fairness mate....

Anyone read the article in the SBP about Duffy and his links with You Know Who and advising him in the wake of Moriarty?

A synopsis would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dedogs View Post
    it was on pie there awhile ago before it calved that mary lou said shes only nominatin a woman!!!! **** that for sexist ***** in fairness mate....
    It's SFs own business who they nominate. It makes sense to nominate a relatively young woman to stand in contrast with the elderly Higgins.

Miss Eire (work it out) would be an excellent candidate for SF. Far better than Boylan.

Regards...jmcc

Quote Originally Posted by Fraxinus View Post
    Really I can't think of too many negative things associated with MDHs political past. One of the few good guys.
    +1

He was also responsible for reinstating the Irish Film Board and implementing s481 tax breaks, creating investment and employment from international productions, as well as home grown ones.

It's SFs own business who they nominate. It makes sense to nominate a relatively young woman to stand in contrast with the elderly Higgins.
    they can nominate who they want mate only if theyre goin to be sexist and say we dont want a man then im entitle to say theyre not gettin this mans vote either.... if its sexist to say well only back a man its sexist to say well only back a woman cant have it both ways in fairness!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Miss Eire (work it out) would be an excellent candidate for SF. Far better than Boylan.

Regards...jmcc
    Have to admit I haven't worked it out yet... I'm sure it's absurdly obvious but please humour me...

Have to admit I haven't worked it out yet... I'm sure it's absurdly obvious but please humour me...
    Never heard the soundtrack for the movie "Mise Éire"?

Regards...jmcc

Regards...jmcc
    Yes I see it now... Having had some small dealings with her and been very underwhelmed I'm not convinced...

Regards...jmcc
    I got it jmcc, in fairness it would be an excellent crossword clue.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast