Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Presidential Election, Higgins to return unopposed?

Default Re: Presidential Election, Higgins to return unopposed?

Quote Originally Posted by Casablanca View Post
    Maybe ye could prune back on the the hedging jokes, speaking of which, there's a biopic of Laurel and Hardy due out shortly:

Is that a comment on the Presidential candidates … or the 'campaign'. The filum will at least be far more entertaining … and over in a matter of hours.

As anticipated, questions around Michael D's sexuality are emerging, specifically about the President's close relationship with his personal assistant. Page 3 & 4 of Phoenix.

I imagine it would spectacularly derail the campaign of any candidate found to be behind this attempted smear?

Whatever your opinion on Higgins is he should not be using State funds in his re-election campaign

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    Whatever your opinion on Higgins is he should not be using State funds in his re-election campaign

A lifetime in with his snout in the trough. Like the rest of his ilk, he considers that the public money is his money.

Regards...jmcc

A low turnout would surely suit the incumbent?

For the first time in 30 something years of going to the polls I may just skip this non-event of a Presidential Election.

Second rate Dragons and a charity head with their ridiculous sense of their own self-importance vs 2 cynical politicians. I hope they all lose

I would vote for Freeman.

Higgins developed a taste for high living as one photo said it all -his visit to an expensive restaurant in Cork examiner paper photo.

Also that incumbent has 6 or 7 pensions to date- one of ESB where he had worked in Galway , other pension is that of NUIG as there are other pensions as well that i forgotten the names.

Why vote for a 77 years old incumbent??? No fat chance of me voting for him as i would vote for a young candidate such as Freeman or GOd (Gemma o Doherty).

They think it's all over

Breaking New Red C Poll:
    Michael D (70%), Sean G (14%), Joan Freeman (6%), Liadh Ni Riada (5%), Gavin Duffy (4%), Peter Casey (1%). Undecided 8%.
    https://twitter.com/oconnellbrian/st...79637007900672
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    Haha 70% pmsl, Red C must be living in a Mugabe State of mind.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415