Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: British Take Over An Garda Siochána - Appointment of PSNI Second in Command as Chief Commissioner

Default Re: British Take Over An Garda Siochána - Appointment of PSNI Second in Command as Chief Commissioner

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Count B. Not sure why you brought elections in to this, but your view was that not favouring appointing a top British spook - bagman to head the Irish security service was something peculiar to Ireland.

What next - John Brennan to run Russian intelligence ? Or hand the CIA over to a KGB person ?

Because the same principle applies. Officials are either elected or appointed. Looking backward is much less important than looking forward. Can't change the past, can affect the future. I felt you were applying a guilty until proven innocent standard.
    SF who have experience with him, seem happy enough. I feel your concerns are overblown.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Default Re: British Take Over An Garda Siochána - Appointment of PSNI Second in Command as Chief Commissioner

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    Because the same principle applies. Officials are either elected or appointed. Looking backward is much less important than looking forward. Can't change the past, can affect the future. I felt you were applying a guilty until proven innocent standard.
    SF who have experience with him, seem happy enough. I feel your concerns are overblown.
    Can't change the past, but can sure as heck learn from it, if you wish to. You think Harris has switched allegiance ?
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345