Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: British Take Over An Garda Siochána - Appointment of PSNI Second in Command as Chief Commissioner

Default British Take Over An Garda Siochána - Appointment of PSNI Second in Command as Chief Commissioner

I can't say this revolting move by Fine Gael has come as a total surprise. The only question in my mind was would they hand us over to the Yanks or the Brits. This is still staggeringly blatant. Harris will recruit his "own team". We can assume that if not already happening, all Garda recruits will be MI5 vetted.

Drew Harris is Second in Command in the PSNI. Stephen Travers, survivor of the Miami Show Band massacre, spoke on RTE this morning about how this a huge slap in the face to everyone in the Nationalist community in the North and also to those who lost people in the Dublin and Monaghan bombings (I'm not reproducing his comments well, and will look for a direct quote).

Sinn Fein who are used to working with PSNI seems quite happy with this development.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2768963/d...issioner-psni/

There inevitably will be deep disquiet in the Gardaí over this.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Re: British Take Over An Garda Siochána - Appointment of PSNI Second in Command as Chief Commissioner

SF seems prepared to work with him, based on an interview I just heard.

Incidentally, if the article below from last year is correct, another candidate was also a senior UK copper, former Met Chief Bernard Hogan-Howe (possibly of part Irish descent, judging from his surname).

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36129309.html

CF, given the manifest problems in the AGS, would you have preferred an internal candidate? Or go further afield and if so from which jurisdiction?
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Default Re: British Take Over An Garda Siochána - Appointment of PSNI Second in Command as Chief Commissioner

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    I can't say this revolting move by Fine Gael has come as a total surprise. The only question in my mind was would they hand us over to the Yanks or the Brits. This is still staggeringly blatant. Harris will recruit his "own team". We can assume that if not already happening, all Garda recruits will be MI5 vetted.

Drew Harris is Second in Command in the PSNI. Stephen Travers, survivor of the Miami Show Band massacre, spoke on RTE this morning about how this a huge slap in the face to everyone in the Nationalist community in the North and also to those who lost people in the Dublin and Monaghan bombings (I'm not reproducing his comments well, and will look for a direct quote).

Sinn Fein who are used to working with PSNI seems quite happy with this development.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2768963/d...issioner-psni/

There inevitably will be deep disquiet in the Gardaí over this.
    He was in the RUC and MI5. I agree 100% that this is a toxic appointment with no doubt underhand motives from the crowd next door who influence/control our politicians and system of government, even within the Republic, to a massive extent already.

And people wonder why the Irish are paranoid of the Brits. This guy has British mole written all over him.

The only mildly critical and somewhat well-done article I have been able to find since yesterday was of course written up by the BBC's NI correspondent Vincent Kearney who mentions and lightly analyses the new Garda Commissioner's controversial past. The Irish media have not even mentioned this yet.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44620243

We appoint Financial Regulators and other govt. officials from Europe, North America and elsewhere yet the top cop in the State has to be an MI5 ex RUC agent..right..people acting like being in a repressive sectarian police force or a dangerous and subversively murderous State intelligence agency was something to be proud of, and oh sure he's from 'outside the jurisdiction'(barely)....

Anyone who doubts the lengths the Brits will go to subvert Irish law and destabilise things in Ireland need only remember it was only early last year that we found out about Mark Kennedy, and the Gardai were unable to get access to files about his operations as the British police refused to provide same, despite the Gardai being responsible for this country's national security.

http://www.thejournal.ie/british-cop...30569-Feb2017/

Well after the brilliant job we made of running the Gardai ourselves, I can't see that there is much to lose by handing it over to the Brits. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Fine Gael must know what they are doing, in which case this is an act of gross treachery. No other state - according to RTE - has handed its national security agency over to a foreign power in this way. The idea that he will not continue to be answerable to his British State bosses is laughable.

Harris withheld info from tribunal "longer than World War 2 took"...

https://relativesforjustice.com/drew...-in-his-hands/
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbouvet View Post
    Well after the brilliant job we made of running the Gardai ourselves, I can't see that there is much to lose by handing it over to the Brits. Does anyone have a better suggestion?
    You think the Brits made a good job of policing Ireland ?
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

President Higgins's dog ?

— Jean-Paul Sartre

— Jean-Paul Sartre

Yeah stop electing the anti Bunreacht Party FG is no. 1.

No. 2 would be stop being such a snivelling little West Brit Statelet and reform things properly without handing back control of the country to the occupying power.

Pretty pathetic trolling.

See Richard is a Labourite if memory serves.

I am sure he'd welcome outsourcing all Defense, national security and immigration policy to the looney tunes in London. It wouldn't be a surprise if that school of thought is prominent within govt. either. There are certainly enough West Brit voters in Dublin who'd go along with it.

Hand the job to McCabe, the only prominent Garda we know for sure is a decent cop is what should be done. But the govt. is fully in sync with the western agenda to harmonise security and defence.

Inclined to agree. I would be of the view that this new guy should be given a chance.

It was a British Tory who devised the Patten reforms for the RUC. He has said recently it was the thing he has done in his career of which he is most proud.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post

We appoint Financial Regulators and other govt. officials from Europe, North America and elsewhere yet the top cop in the State has to be an MI5 ex RUC agent..right..people acting like being in a repressive sectarian police force or a dangerous and subversively murderous State intelligence agency was something to be proud of, and oh sure he's from 'outside the jurisdiction'(barely)....
    If they had appointed a Yank as our top cop, yourself and CF would be all over the appointment with 'CIA infiltration'. I say give the guy a chance - at least for the time being.

Meh, the Gardai have been riddled with MI5 moles for 50 years so in one sense this is just making blatantly obvious what has always been the case anyway.

It also makes obvious the deeply-entrenched sniveling West Brit tendencies within the Dublin Establishment. Again, nothing new, but it does look like that fifth-columnist element are ramping up their nonsense in this age of Brexit.

Long term it's a good thing to get this sort of servile gimpism out in the undeniable open, rather than festering away in the shadows, quietly undermining the State - as it has been for decades.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast