Thread: UCD Digital Archive - History of Ireland

Default UCD Digital Archive - History of Ireland

University College Dublin has put its history archive collection online. There is a lot in here of interest to historians and anyone interested in Irish history. The collection includes visual images as well as paper archives. The link below is to the site. It seems to be readily searchable and easy to use. Happy to add this to Politicalworld.org's growing collection of links to Irish history digital archives.

https://digital.ucd.ie/browse/#

The Michael Collins collection is a reminder that Collins lived most of his adult life in London, returning to Ireland in 1914. He joined the Irish Volunteers while in London.

Scope and ContentThe papers, pertaining to the period when Collins lived in London, relate primarily to Civil Service examinations, the Gaelic League and Gaelic Athletic Association in London, together with draft articles and speeches written by Collins, and several personal letters addressed to him from family and friends.
    https://digital.ucd.ie/view/ivrla:10905
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Re: UCD Digital Archive - History of Ireland

Thanks for bringing this resource to our attention. Don't have time to look right now, but I'm pretty sure my grandfather will feature.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

There's also a National Library venture to archive the Irish web. It spidered a lot of it before Christmas using the Archive.org spiders.

Regards...jmcc

Brilliant stuff, some great free resources online.

Can you make my Down Survey thread a sticky as well? More great resources this time from TCD

Quote Originally Posted by Fraxinus View Post
    Brilliant stuff, some great free resources online.

Can you make my Down Survey thread a sticky as well? More great resources this time from TCD
    I will. This is a great little resource building up in the sticky list here, and well worth building on.

http://www.politicalworld.org/forumd...y#.WwlWsYprwtJ
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre