Thread: Unveiling of Henry Joy McCracken Sculpture

Default Unveiling of Henry Joy McCracken Sculpture

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Default Re: Unveiling of Henry Joy McCracken Sculpture

Well done Riposte. I was wondering if your talents had stretched to sculpting, so I checked out who the artist was... "Robert Ballagh unveiled the bust, by Israeli sculptor Yoram Drori" and found to my surprise that it's a small world. Yoram used to be a sculptor back in the very late 80s to early 90s in Galway and he used to knock about our Engineering Works getting bits and bobs for his trade. I do wonder if his tree sculptures from the period are still standing in Galway.

Quote Originally Posted by riposte View Post
    There's a plaque in his honour in the Antrim Freemasons lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by riposte View Post
    I have nothing but admiration for the man. A legend in his time and one for all time.

That Henry Joy fella aint bad either.
    Happiness is an inside job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaadi View Post
    Well done Riposte. I was wondering if your talents had stretched to sculpting, so I checked out who the artist was... "Robert Ballagh unveiled the bust, by Israeli sculptor Yoram Drori" and found to my surprise that it's a small world. Yoram used to be a sculptor back in the very late 80s to early 90s in Galway and he used to knock about our Engineering Works getting bits and bobs for his trade. I do wonder if his tree sculptures from the period are still standing in Galway.
    Yeah Shaadi... Yoram has his studio in castleblaney.... he got three new commissions on the strenght of my Henry Joy commission. Also he cast two copies of Henry Joy sculpture and the 2nd copy will be unveiled in the Linenhall Library in May.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”