Thread: Thinkleft. Theoretical Discussion Journal of the Worker's Party of Ireland.

Default Thinkleft. Theoretical Discussion Journal of the Worker's Party of Ireland.

A new publication. Overall I've enjoyed lookleft so I picked this up today... A few paragraphs in and Sean Garland has already annoyed me. Have a read and see if you can guess why:

The United Irishman. Updated 5/2/14

Default Re: Thinkleft. Theoretical Discussion Journal of the Worker's Party of Ireland.

Although the rest of it seems very interesting so I'd still say to pick it up. Only 3 quid.

Default Re: Thinkleft. Theoretical Discussion Journal of the Worker's Party of Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    A few paragraphs in and Sean Garland has already annoyed me. Have a read and see if you can guess why:
    Can you clarify? I'm not quite clear.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    Essentially the bit saying that an adherence to, and inspiration from, Lenin helped them defeat (in reality assassinate!) Seamus Costello who was attempting to "drag" the movement back into militarism. Furthermore he goes on to say that the "defeat" (again we need to remember that the OIRA assassinated him) was a positive and once he was out of the way progress was made.

There is so much wrong with this analysis I don't know where to begin. The murder of Costello was a severe body blow to the Irish working class.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post

Hi pluralist, I know a guy who does that all the time. His nickname is raise-a-row (I'm only messing)

There was a good discussion here some years ago which I think might be relevant, full thread is worth reading but this link is to the start of the Costello part, the next page, page 7 is also relevant:

http://www.politicalworld.org/showth...6#.Whv-A2i0Npl

Ok thanks will take a look at that other thread.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Hows this for amusement

^ well, in fairness, that programme makes an idiot out of anyone who appears in it. But I'm not a Galloway fan.