Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An election for Christmas?

Default Re: An election for Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by dedogs View Post
    dunno about that mate id say martins top dog now after makin varadker sack the **** when he wanted to keep her....
    Oh he is now. Had she not resigned and went to the polls I think Leo would have had cause for optimism, though it would have been tight and dependent as Shaadi says on the turnout. Now after the fact Leo looks like the boxer who's received a few heavy punches.

It definitely has the makings of an election next spring. FF smell blood surely.

Quote Originally Posted by barrym View Post
    Teacup storm over? Martin didn't have to do anything, except frighten the children.....

What timing for GE 2018?
    Martin and McDonald played the whole thing very well.

My money is on FG being relegated to third place if SF have a good election under their new leader. Varadkar has been exposed as a PR Frat Boy who never worked a day in his life, and who doesn't even know all that much about politics.

Martin is the best and most skilled politician of the three for sure when it comes to crap like this. At his age I guess it's experience. A FF led minority govt. seems like the outcome of the next election alright, but if SF win 12-13 seats and FG lose 15 seats it changes the power dynamics somewhat.

The one thing I am hoping for is Varadkar losing the next election badly. He's far too rightwing by Irish standards and only differs with the Brexit loons on the border and Brexit. He's in the same far right ball park on everything else.

I hate to say it but Alan Kelly also looks like he will get the Top job in Labour before long. How toxic he actually is is a matter for debate. Labour only need to win 3 or 4 seats and for Howlin to step down and Big Al could be back in as Tanaiste with FF and next time he'll have even more power to strut his arrogant hole with and force unpopular taxes on the plebs with. An insufferable prick if ever there was one.
    Last edited by Apjp; 29-11-2017 at 08:05 PM.

[QUOTE=Fraxinus;467720]Oh he is now. Had she not resigned and went to the polls I think Leo would have had cause for optimism, though it would have been tight and dependent as Shaadi says on the turnout. Now after the fact Leo looks like the boxer who's received a few heavy punches.

It definitely has the makings of an election next spring. FF smell blood surely.[
    /QUOTE]

id say youre 100 % on the money there mate....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12