Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fake News Headlines

Default Re: Fake News Headlines

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    What about when Google start using it on how they order results?
    google is part of the problem at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    What about when Google start using it on how they order results?
    Google uses algorithms not people.

If the news passes the algorithm test it will be fine. Just as advertisers do today, fake newsers will in future have to adjust their copy/SEO when Google adjusts its algorithms. It's a battle for eyeballs.
    Everyone has a right to "free speech" no one has a right to be heard.
    I'm much impressed with your concern for fake newsers.

Here's a good example of fake news
    The two Texas groups listed below had almost 600,000 (real or fake) likes combined, and cost the Russians about $200 to set up and promote. That's fake news of the type these guys will be on the lookout for.

At the height of the election campaign, a Facebook group called Heart of Texas called for its members to attend Houston rally to “Stop Islamization of Texas,” The Washington Post reports.
    At the same time, another group called United Muslims of America said it was planning a rally to “Save Islamic Knowledge” on the same day in the same place — pitting the two groups against each other face-to-face.
    Neither Facebook group was Texan at all. They were created by Russians, who spent significant time and energy to try to get Americans to, well, fight each other.

As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Here's a closer look at the up coming "News Guard". Sites, more than specific content will be rated first, by Red, Yellow, or Green.

Sputnik will be a Red, RT, will be a Yellow (because unlike Sputnik, it openly acknowledges it is a propaganda vehicle for the Russian gummint).

https://www.thestreet.com/story/1437...d3987-83572145
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

"News Guard"? Red? Yellow? That some sheeeat like yer colorized Homeland Security Muslim alert shenanigans?
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    "News Guard"? Red? Yellow? That some sheeeat like yer colorized Homeland Security Muslim alert shenanigans?
    Yup! And particular attention will be paid to the claptrap coming out of the Clare Champion.......

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    "News Guard"? Red? Yellow? ..
    sounds great to me .. as you know when i flagged fake news on this site bout a year ago you were one of the first to laugh (and jmcc of course...)

there is a market for truth too ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12