Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Korea's nuclear blackmail

Default Re: North Korea's nuclear blackmail

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    My preference is for secularism. But it's interesting that a lot of people seem to have a massive problem with the existence of one (tiny) Jewish state, while rarely if ever raising a complaint against the many, and much larger, Islamic states that surround it.

I must say, I found it frankly, odd that you brought Israel into this thread.
    Please bear in mind I am 75 and a keen observer of world events throughout my life.

The phrase, it goes without saying should be understood here. Of course I despise the likes of Saudi Arabia and states like it.

The reason I mentioned Israel was because of all the hypocrisy around here.

The USA destroyed every town in North Korea during the, 'Korean War'. The British were involved to. The book, "A Hill in Korea". I read back in the year it was published. Cannot remember the authors name at the moment but will find him on google.

Some very thin skinned folk around here. :-) I have not enough time to get into prolonged discussions about all this but just in case you are wondering, I admire the Jewish people immensely. As a young boy was horrified on reading "The Scourge of the Swastika" by Lord Russell of Liverpool? Killed my religion dead at 13!

I married this 'Jewish Princess' 26th September 1959.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5249-300x300.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	1249R.I.P. Maureen.
    We are all insane animals existing for a time on an obviously unfinished planet.
    www.irelandtoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post
    Please bear in mind I am 75 and a keen observer of world events throughout my life.

The phrase, it goes without saying should be understood here. Of course I despise the likes of Saudi Arabia and states like it.

The reason I mentioned Israel was because of all the hypocrisy around here.

The USA destroyed every town in North Korea during the, 'Korean War'. The British were involved to. The book, "A Hill in Korea". I read back in the year it was published. Cannot remember the authors name at the moment but will find him on google.

Some very thin skinned folk around here. :-) I have not enough time to get into prolonged discussions about all this but just in case you are wondering, I admire the Jewish people immensely. As a young boy was horrified on reading "The Scourge of the Swastika" by Lord Russell of Liverpool? Killed my religion dead at 13!

I married this 'Jewish Princess' 26th September 1959.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5249-300x300.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	1249R.I.P. Maureen.

Wow, what a cheap shot!

I'm married to a black woman, and I don't expect people to think that as a result it can be assumed I like black people generally, only that I don't dislike them generally.

You've taken this from the general of the "chosen people" to the specific of your wife, all the while avoiding explaining what you actually meant.

You really owe an explanation of what you meant by use of the phrase, "the chosen people are everywhere"
    especially when the numbers indicate otherwise, and/or as if unlike the Irish, you believe they don't have the right to be everywhere.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    Wow, what a cheap shot!

I'm married to a black woman, and I don't expect people to think that as a result it can be assumed I like black people generally, only that I don't dislike them generally.

You've taken this from the general of the "chosen people" to the specific of your wife, all the while avoiding explaining what you actually meant.

You really owe an explanation of what you meant by use of the phrase, "the chosen people are everywhere"
    especially when the numbers indicate otherwise, and/or as if unlike the Irish, you believe they don't have the right to be everywhere.
    I see now what you are trying to do. :-)

What I meant about the 'Chosen people are everywhere' was aimed at the self righteous nut cases that are destroying whole countries and communities. Then placing all the blame on those that fight back.

I have nothing further to add on this thread. Misinterpretation can go on forever. :-) Byeee.
    We are all insane animals existing for a time on an obviously unfinished planet.
    www.irelandtoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post
    I see now what you are trying to do. :-)

What I meant about the 'Chosen people are everywhere' was aimed at the self righteous nut cases that are destroying whole countries and communities. Then placing all the blame on those that fight back.

I have nothing further to add on this thread. Misinterpretation can go on forever. :-) Byeee.
    Misinterpretation occurs on the internet when people are opaque. You continue to be opaque. You say you see what I'm trying to do, but don't state what it is, for the benefit of other readers, or me.

Without actually saying so, you also seem to be opaicly implying that the US/West are the villains here, by referring to them as the "chosen people" which they never refer to themselves as, but Jews do refer to themselves that way. Talk about confusion. Give some examples of who these self-righteous nut cases that you refer to are?

As Pluralist noted, it is a mystery known only to you, why you introduced Israel into this thread and wasted everyone's time. Just useless whataboutery. Stick with the pics.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12