Thread: G20 riots

Default G20 riots

"I will start a revolution of the common people by setting fire to the cars of the common people!" - antifa
    https://twitter.com/RealKraut/status/883249495424856065
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Default Re: G20 riots

I doubt that too many "common people" live in the Altona district of Hamburg.

But hey ... let's not worry about little details.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    Their burning cars are not all that common either...

At Least 10 Porsches Were Set on Fire In Suspected G20 Summit Protest
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Their burning cars are not all that common either...

At Least 10 Porsches Were Set on Fire In Suspected G20 Summit Protest
    One can pick up a 1997 Boxster for 1k or so.

Do you approve of burning them?
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post

But hey ... let's not worry about little details.
    Address your comment to the Tweeter, I am not familiar with Hamburg.

Even if I was, I would still think that burning cars is a childish display of amateur dramatics.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    One can pick up a 1997 Boxster for 1k or so.
    Boxster? They look more like late model 911s to me...

Do you approve of burning them?
    I couldn't care less... holding that summit in a city like Hamburg was a harebrained idea to begin with. Shoulda fortified some lovely rural Sauerkraut village for a week and be done with it.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

It used to be Volvos. They've gone up market.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Happiness is an inside job.

Quote Originally Posted by Trow View Post
    Indeed, it has the faint shniff of Baader-Meinhof about it, except that Baader-Meinhof did get close to the actual power structure.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    It used to be Volvos. They've gone up market.
    IIRC, the Red Army Faction once stole an early 911 Porsche to commit a robbery, so there is a certain...well...serendipity in their possible successors burning (if Total Mayhem is correct) seven of the modern day equivalent.

Indeed, it has the faint shniff of Baader-Meinhof about it, except that Baader-Meinhof did get close to the actual power structure.
    Of course i'm only floating the suggestion while at all times reserving the possibility that a little controlled mayhem enhances the urgency of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trow View Post
    Back in the day.....
    Some of them still around, they're now in the business of holding up supermarkets. Revolutionaries' gotta eat...

Delighted to see that the youth in Germany still have a bit of bottle, anyway ...

You'd be hard pressed to get the ones in Ireland out of the pub. Or Diceys.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Some of them still around, they're now in the business of holding up supermarkets. Revolutionaries' gotta eat...
    Sources procurement. Army needs money.
    Last edited by Trow; 11-07-2017 at 10:54 PM.