Thread: Regina Doherty is a Caution

Default Regina Doherty is a Caution

Well, hard on the heels of the Jobstown political show trial we have the Regina Doherty social media 'caution'.

A reputable political tweeter and academic was questioned by the Guards and required to sign a statement.

Even though she had not directly tweeted to Doherty, so personal harassment was not an issue, she was told her tweeted blog article on Doherty's financial misadventures was 'not liked' and that she should not tweet to or about Doherty again.

http://www.judecollins.com/2017/07/t...therine-kelly/

The 'not liked' article was this --

http://www.judecollins.com/2017/04/s...therine-kelly/
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Re: Regina Doherty is a Caution

Raised in the Dail by Ruth Coppinger.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...er-796662.html

This case has "Sinister" written all over it.

Catherine Kelly was stopped by two plain clothes gardai in the airport on her way to get a flight.

She was told that if she didn't sign the statement they brought with them, she could not get her flight.

Her blog was a mere statement of fact regarding Doherty's involvement with a bankruptcy.

They were set on her as a result of a Minister's complaint to the Gardai.

The Minister has made no attempt to use the law relating to defamation to have the blog removed.

Gestapo like carry on.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

"Sinister? Me???"
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Regina Doherty has always scored high on my SPECtrometer scale, that is the one formeasuringwavelengthsorindexesofrefraction of politicians. (Go figure :-) )

This latest event cannot even be calibrated on the SPECtrometer.
    Is it absolutely confirmed that she sent Gardaí to question a citizen journalist/blogger at the airport. I am in disbelief.
    Has she responded to comment on this?
    And there was I thinking DJT and KJU were the greatest threats to a free press.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectabilis View Post
    Regina Doherty has always scored high on my SPECtrometer scale, that is the one formeasuringwavelengthsorindexesofrefraction of politicians. (Go figure :-) )

This latest event cannot even be calibrated on the SPECtrometer.
    Is it absolutely confirmed that she sent Gardaí to question a citizen journalist/blogger at the airport. I am in disbelief.
    Has she responded to comment on this?
    And there was I thinking DJT and KJU were the greatest threats to a free press.

— Jean-Paul Sartre