Thread: Zbigniew Brzezinski R.I.P.

Default Zbigniew Brzezinski R.I.P.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, President Jimmy Carter's national security adviser, has died aged 89.
    Mr Brzezinski "passed away peacefully" in Virginia on Friday evening, his daughter Mika said on social media.
    President Carter paid tribute to him as a "superb public servant".
    After leaving office, Mr Brzenzinski worked as an author and academic into his 80s, endorsing Barack Obama and becoming a vocal critic of his successor, President Donald Trump.
    One of his last tweets, sent in February, dryly noted: "Do we even have a foreign policy right now?"
    The "inquisitive and innovative" son of a Polish diplomat, Mr Brzezinski was a "natural choice" as national security adviser, Mr Carter said in his tribute.
    BBC
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Default Re: Zbigniew Brzezinski R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Mr Brzezinski "passed away peacefully" in Virginia
    Evidence that there is no such thing as justice.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Evidence that there is no such thing as justice.
    Indeed...

Like most people Zbig didn't get everything 100% right in life, but we are likely a lot better off than not for his efforts. One of less than 600 people to have been awarded the US Presidential Medal of Freedom since its inception in 1963.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.