Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Explosion at Concert in Manchester

Default Re: Explosion at Concert in Manchester

Teenager who plotted a nail bomb attack at Elton John’s Hyde Park concert jailed for life.

Daily Mail
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Teenager who plotted a nail bomb attack at Elton John’s Hyde Park concert jailed for life.

Daily Mail

Reminds me of the 'lone wolf' (ex private school) IRA man who went on a solo run in the UK letting off bombs. He published an account of his career recently.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by Trow View Post
    Too much detail missing for me, such as type of explosive. That would be evident from the scene. Traces would be left on the bomber or any remnants of whatever he carried it in. From the sound recording at the concert i'd say it was home made explosives of the type similar to the London bombers, who also used backpacks.

There's every possibility of a premature explosion. Static interference in his communication system between trigger and detonator or someone may simply have bumped into him. Considering the crowded environment.

Remember also there's a blue suitcase somewhere that the bomber was seen wheeling through town. That too could contain a bomb and depending on the ''sophistication'' of the bomb maker and his plot, more than one device could be triggered.

Anything is possible. Just thinking about that you'd hope the train station attached to the concert venue was thoroughly searched. Ideal place for a secondary device to be hidden..., say in a locker.
    Manchester reminds me of the Boston bombing in some ways. Young man with nail bomb in backpack in a surging, recreational crowd. No suicide belt. Known to the secret services /FBI. The difference is he was blown up.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234