Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Explosion at Concert in Manchester

Default Re: Explosion at Concert in Manchester

Oh well...

Police rush to London Bridge after reports of van hitting pedestrians.
    Sky sources: Believed to be Terrorism.... Gunfire on London Bridge. Prime Minister in contact with officials.
    Last edited by TotalMayhem; 04-06-2017 at 12:20 AM.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Reports of 'three incidents' but the areas are all very close to each other. When the dust settles, will likely be same people involved in all three incidents, I'd guess.

Edit: Perhaps not, looking at the map, Vauxhall is a good 4km from London Bridge.
    Last edited by pluralist; 04-06-2017 at 12:25 AM.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

7 dead dozens wounded in van and knife attack in London.
    The United Irishman. Updated 5/2/14

Three jihadis shot dead by armed police, SAS "Blue Thunder" deployed to hunt down missing suspect.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Selling arms to Saudis keeps Britain safe. Ditto nuclear missiles. It's just not exactly clear how this works....

^ And apparently banning free speech on the internet, which May has now pledged to do, also keeps Britain safe.

What a useless charlatan she is.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Millwall supporter fought the 3 London knife men with bare fists (and predictable results). "F you, I'm Millwall". Sometimes I think that (some of the) Ultras are the best hope for the planet.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-35795151.html
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

A bit of a copycat in the recent ''London bridge and knife attack''

Has anyone seen the footage of the 3 attackers on cctv at the rear of a gym prior to the London attack? It shows them arriving, one stumbling, steadying himself and laughing. You'll notice an object like a mobile phone in his hand [the guy who stumbled] as he turns round having stumbled. Tell me, was that object in his hand before he stumbled or did he use the stumble to disguise retrieving the object from under the pallet?
    Happiness is an inside job.

Quote Originally Posted by Trow View Post
    A bit of a copycat in the recent ''London bridge and knife attack''

Has anyone seen the footage of the 3 attackers on cctv at the rear of a gym prior to the London attack? It shows them arriving, one stumbling, steadying himself and laughing. You'll notice an object like a mobile phone in his hand [the guy who stumbled] as he turns round having stumbled. Tell me, was that object in his hand before he stumbled or did he use the stumble to disguise retrieving the object from under the pallet?
    Pretty sure not. The man threw the mobile onto a pile of materials as he left - not dropped - threw. He went out, then came back almost immediately and leaned over to pick it up. Why did he get rid of his phone just then ?? Not to be listened in to ?

The pallet he stepped on to tipped him up, as he picked it up.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

The Times today has a story about how the bomber made his bomb by looking at Youtube videos.

I haven't read it as yet, but it does not sound credible on the face of it. The 'accidentally released' photographs of the bomb published by US intelligence showed it, reportedly, to have a complex mechanism to allow it to be set off remotely. I am not clear from the report whether or not it may have been in fact set off remotely, not by the carrier.
    The US reports described the bomb as complex and sophisticated.

Is it credible that a lone suicide bomber would, or could, make such a device ?

Can the possibility be ruled out that he intended to plant the bomb and leave and that it was exploded remotely ?

According to ex M15 David Shayler, who is now either in reality a nut or posing as one, but who was employed in covert M15 work relating to Libya, the bomber, Abeji, is the son of "Tunbridge" the M16 agent who liaised with the British to set up the Islamic Fighting Group assassination attack on Gadhaffi in the 1990s.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...errorist-group

“The radicalisation of Britain’s Muslim youth of Pakistani origin began in the mid-1990s with the full knowledge and complicity of British and US intelligence agencies.”

B. Raman, former head of the counter-terrorism division at India’s foreign intelligence agency, RAW, from 1988 to 1994
    Last edited by C. Flower; 25-06-2017 at 11:50 AM.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    The US reports described the bomb as complex and sophisticated.

Is it credible that a lone suicide bomber would, or could, make such a device ?

Can the possibility be ruled out that he intended to plant the bomb and leave and that it was exploded remotely ?
    You could land yourself a ''communicating information useful to terrorists'' charge answering those questions in detail.

In answer to your first......Yes.
    As to the second.... No.

You could land yourself a ''communicating information useful to terrorists'' charge answering those questions in detail.

In answer to your first......Yes.
    As to the second.... No.
    Maybe a lone bomber could have made it, but why would he go to the trouble of making it in a much more complex way, in a way that would enable someone else to trigger it remotely, if he was working alone and intended to blow himself up ?

There is always a rush by the media and police to label these incidents as suicide bombings. In this case there is a question mark over whether that is the case or not. We would never have known that without the US info leakage.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Maybe a lone bomber could have made it, but why would he go to the trouble of making it in a much more complex way, in a way that would enable someone else to trigger it remotely, if he was working alone and intended to blow himself up ?

There is always a rush by the media and police to label these incidents as suicide bombings. In this case there is a question mark over whether that is the case or not. We would never have known that without the US info leakage.
    What exactly did the US leak as to the bombs ''sophistication?'' Alot to your point depends on the ''range of the remote control.''

Now, if you were to ask me could an individual be tricked into being a suicide bomber by some shady secret service agency my answer would be yes.
    If i was handling such an individual i'd have him acting as an agent provocateur around his local mosque, thus setting himself up. Then i'd have him working security, tricking him into thinking he's testing security at events and working as a legit agent and blow him to f.u.c.k. when it suited me.

In the aftermath his local Imam would tell of a guy turned radical. But would a security service be up to the like of that? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur
    Last edited by Trow; 26-06-2017 at 06:10 PM. Reason: link

What exactly did the US leak as to the bombs ''sophistication?'' Alot to your point depends on the ''range of the remote control.''

Now, if you were to ask me could an individual be tricked into being a suicide bomber by some shady secret service agency my answer would be yes.
    If i was handling such an individual i'd have him acting as an agent provocateur around his local mosque, thus setting himself up. Then i'd have him working security, tricking him into thinking he's testing security at events and working as a legit agent and blow him to f.u.c.k. when it suited me.

In the aftermath his local Imam would tell of a guy turned radical. But would a security service be up to the like of that? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur

This is the report from the NY Times. The bomb was said to be in the back pack, not in a belt. No certainty about means of detonation.

What you describe makes me think of Boston, where those two guys dropped off back packs in the middle of a 'family day out' occasion and walked away from them.

It is even possible that this one in Manchester exploded prematurely.

The fact that he is the son of a key M16 asset in Libya surely makes it just a little improbable that he would have been deliberately set up and killed by British intelligence ?

It also doesn't make a lot of sense to me that this man whose father had worked closely with the British to get rid of Gadaffi would be driven with zeal to attack a teen pop concert in the U.K.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...otos.html?_r=0
    Last edited by C. Flower; 26-06-2017 at 09:20 PM.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

This is the report from the NY Times. The bomb was said to be in the back pack, not in a belt. No certainty about means of detonation.

What you describe makes me think of Boston, where those two guys dropped off back packs in the middle of a 'family day out' occasion and walked away from them.

It is even possible that this one in Manchester exploded prematurely.

The fact that he is the son of a key M16 asset in Libya surely makes it just a little improbable that he would have been deliberately set up and killed by British intelligence ?

It also doesn't make a lot of sense to me that this man whose father had worked closely with the British to get rid of Gadaffi would be driven with zeal to attack a teen pop concert in the U.K.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...otos.html?_r=0
    Too much detail missing for me, such as type of explosive. That would be evident from the scene. Traces would be left on the bomber or any remnants of whatever he carried it in. From the sound recording at the concert i'd say it was home made explosives of the type similar to the London bombers, who also used backpacks.

There's every possibility of a premature explosion. Static interference in his communication system between trigger and detonator or someone may simply have bumped into him. Considering the crowded environment.

Remember also there's a blue suitcase somewhere that the bomber was seen wheeling through town. That too could contain a bomb and depending on the ''sophistication'' of the bomb maker and his plot, more than one device could be triggered.

Anything is possible. Just thinking about that you'd hope the train station attached to the concert venue was thoroughly searched. Ideal place for a secondary device to be hidden..., say in a locker.
    Last edited by Trow; 26-06-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast