Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: US Presidential Election 2020

Default Re: US Presidential Election 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    Count's idea of a debate or political forum, to paraphrase what he told me, is us realising our opinions are not worth a warm lick of spit and just everyone posting media pieces of 'really important opinions' from serious types who have been 'more successful' in life.

Basically he wants us all to f off so he can spam himself on his little pet thread here. The average length of his own posts almost seems designed to drown us all out with spam and put us off posting here at all because 'we do not understand Murica' like he does.

It was pretty funny to get a lecture on the state of German and EU politics from him recently that Germany is some Oasis of stability in a troubled EU. Given that the AFD are now their main opposition party, his opinions were a few a years out of date on that one.

He will spam us with his endless media nonsense, dispute other people's right to express themselves, attack others endlessly, cry foul whenever anyone calls out this nonsensical hit-and-run approach of his, and almost never actually voice an opinion of his own as we are not worthy of his 'precious time'.

It's a ridiculous example of someone on an online ego trip, who just posts nonsense media opinions largely, never reads others' sources or debates what anything means, and just generally makes a nuisance of himself.

I also find his regular accusations that I cannot possibly understand how media or the US media operates very funny considering I read a lot more opinions, articles and news pieces than he probably does, and in 4 languages from a number of EU countries. I could come on here and spam people in the same way in French, German and Polish with some translated versions of what I'm reading and act high and mighty but then I come here the odd time for a debate, not to drag this site down the google searches.

Begod, yer out gunnin for me again today.......

And Angela has her agreement.....

When I'm asked for my opinions I give them.....

It's lick of warm spit..........language expert.....
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    He's one seriously odd fish alright. Recently he's taken to following me around threads yapping away, seems to be holding some sort of grudge cos I'm a damnable Nordie Fenian who dared to robustly express an Unapproved Opinion LOL

As you say Apjp, it increasingly looks like the online fantasy ego trip of a quite unhinged lonely soul. I'll just be ignoring it from now on.
    If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen......

You failed to reply to my post explaining why your statement that the Republicans would get crushed at every election from here on, was inoperative.
    Do you still hold that view, or do you now bow to my superior knowledge on the subject?
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

With the exception of Bernie Sanders, all the names here are D's. I think Trump will also be primaried by one or more R's including Kasich. A name missing from this list, because he's an indie, Mayor of the World, Mike Bloomberg.
    36 people who could challenge Trump in 2020
    By Lisa Hagen
    Many potential candidates have sought to stand out from the field through vocal opposition to the Trump agenda.
    Read the full story here

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    With the exception of Bernie Sanders, all the names here are D's. I think Trump will also be primaried by one or more R's including Kasich. A name missing from this list, because he's an indie, Mayor of the World, Mike Bloomberg.
    [FONT=arial][TABLE="width: 100%, align: center"]

[TD="align: left"]36 people who could challenge Trump in 2020[/TD]

[TD="align: left"][URL="http://click1.email.thehill.com/myysmzwgpccljzjcltnpplsspwlvcwckkdpgzbvynyycc_dmsm gmgrftctscphpgg.html?a=60604"]Read the full story here

my fave is Cory Booker but he is two shades of black too dark for next term

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    my fave is Cory Booker but he is two shades of black too dark for next term
    I don't currently have a favorite. Agree that Booker is currently the most attractive and prominent, but wonder if he can sustain momentum til 2020. Early favs often disappear.

I like the idea of the first woman being a black woman, so I guess I'm rooting for Kamala Harris.

I don't currently have a favorite. Agree that Booker is currently the most attractive and prominent, but wonder if he can sustain momentum til 2020. Early favs often disappear.

I like the idea of the first woman being a black woman, so I guess I'm rooting for Kamala Harris.
    i don't think Cory stands a chance but I don't know at this point i could be wrong

black women are a force of nature in this country (US) but i don't think it will happen for women (black or white) in 2020

other than a white male (D) like Mike Bloomberg or good lookin'Bill Di Blasio (married to a black woman) i think that Julian Castro might have a chance

on my women' file I have Sally Yates as a possibility hopefully for 2024

D's need to save their best cards for 2024

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    i don't think Cory stands a chance but I don't know at this point i could be wrong

black women are a force of nature in this country (US) but i don't think it will happen for women (black or white) in 2020

other than a white male (D) like Mike Bloomberg or good lookin'Bill Di Blasio (married to a black woman) i think that Julian Castro might have a chance

on my women' file I have Sally Yates as a possibility hopefully for 2024

D's need to save their best cards for 2024
    I hope you're not conceding 2020?

Sally Yates would be interesting, as would Eric Holder who has "not denied" he is considering, but I wonder if either could cut it in the dirty world of politics. They are both principled people.

Sen. Gillibrand, eyeing 2020 bid, rankles some Democrats
    Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) and other Senate Democrats are jockeying for potential White House runs, but her unabashed style is drawing friendly fire that could hamper a 2020 bid.
    Read the full story here

I hope you're not conceding 2020?

Sally Yates would be interesting, as would Eric Holder who has "not denied" he is considering, but I wonder if either could cut it in the dirty world of politics. They are both principled people.

R's got their tax credits in the first year... independently of what happens w walls and immigrants if people see even a ghost of an increase in their paychecks they'll go for it.

as it turns out i am not getting much as i was on the only bracket that didn't move much, unless my accountant decides to take advantage of the new 'pass through' allowance ..which i don't really care much for nor need..i don't think ppl in my tax bracket will be too worried about how much more or less they will get at end of the year

But as James Carville said "'tis the economy stupid!!" and it will always be..

the increase in spending and massive tax cut will give the people the illusion they are doing much better now than they did under Obama when we were still paying a good amount of what we owed..

but as Trump himself said... he made his money moving debt around..he is the King of Debt, he doesn't honor his bills cos he knows if he can't pay he will sit down and re-do the math with the lender ...

i happen to agree with him in that respect, when the value of money got unhitched from Gold ..it really is just numbers on a piece of paper and as someone once told me .. "an asset is only worth as much as an investor is willing to pay for it"

if the money doesn't keep rolling and making 'someone' else more money, the entire idea of Capitalism fails at the base... so you gotta keep the dice rollin'

Long Story short: I doubt D's will make it in 2020 (and I sure hope I am wrong this time..pls G-d make me be wrong)

Saw this guy debate on TV during the DNC leadership race. Impressive for a small town mayor..........

AFTERNOON READ -- "The President of Nowhere, USA: Pete Buttigieg could be the Democrats' savior -- if he can only find his way out of South Bend," by Adam Doster in POLITICO Magazine: "In a term-and-a-half, he has overseen an economic and psychological resurgence in South Bend that few were predicting. In 2014, he served a seven-month tour in Afghanistan with the U.S. Naval Reserves, helping disrupt flows of funding to terrorist groups while monitoring South Bend business over sketchy internet connections.

"Before his 2015 reelection, he came out publicly as gay, writing in a local newspaper that 'it took years of struggle and growth for me to recognize that it's just a fact of life, like having brown hair, and part of who I am.' (In December, he and his partner, middle-school teacher Chasten Glezman, got engaged.) Through it all, Buttigieg established himself as a Democrat worth tracking, at a time when the party was desperate for fresh faces, particularly between the coasts." http://politi.co/2sAOyT2

Can't get the bold to go away..........

Redistricting guide: The U.S. Supreme Court is set to decide three major cases this term that could determine how congressional districts are drawn for the next decade, writes NPR’s Domenico Montanaro.Here’s your guide to the status of redistricting in six key states.

From The Hill......

At a birthday party for Hillary Clinton in October, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) delivered a toast — and a sobering thought — for the evening’s attendees: “If Hillary couldn’t win the White House, I don’t know which woman can.”

Some of the party-goers — including the former Sen. Barbara Mukulski (D-Md.), Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and former secretary of State Madeleine Albright— nodded ruefully as Feinstein, standing in the doorway of a family room at the Georgetown home of major Democratic donor Elizabeth Bagley, made the remark, according to two attendees.

Months later, it’s at times hard to imagine Democrats failing to nominate a woman as their standard-bearer against President Trump in 2020.Read the full story here

From The Hill......

At a birthday party for Hillary Clinton in October, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) delivered a toast — and a sobering thought — for the evening’s attendees: “If Hillary couldn’t win the White House, I don’t know which woman can.”

Some of the party-goers — including the former Sen. Barbara Mukulski (D-Md.), Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and former secretary of State Madeleine Albright— nodded ruefully as Feinstein, standing in the doorway of a family room at the Georgetown home of major Democratic donor Elizabeth Bagley, made the remark, according to two attendees.

Months later, it’s at times hard to imagine Democrats failing to nominate a woman as their standard-bearer against President Trump in 2020.Read the full story here
    well i can tell you I am hoping Bernie Sanders' age will catch up with him naturally ... and that we drop the gender politics issue as it does NOT work.

I want to see a candidate that will have a chance to win or at the very least will help re-align the center.

I've come across multiple comments in the last couple of days pushing Bill Gates as the Dem candidate for 2020. At first I thought it was just a joke but it bizarrely seems to be growing some legs with the online commentrolliat.

And yeah I know most online comment trolls are either insane or Russiabots, I merely mention it as a curious trend I've noticed

From The Hill......

Albright..who was delighted at the starvation of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis in the same way that psycho Clinton was delighted at the brutal and sadistically illegal murder of Gaddafi after the equally disgusting Nato bombings of Libya..

I am not in Cumann na Mban but I would like to think in a real democracy, there would be some women who are a bit more human and thus electable than those 2.

Once again, these people are not popular because they represent the Status Quo. Some Americans I have met, and I understand this to some extent even if was a crazy albeit very human reaction, voted for Trump just to protest against the system. It's a very human reaction and it's what people do when not given much of a choice.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast