Thread: Speculaion that Óglaigh na hÉireann may be giving up its military campaign

Default Speculaion that Óglaigh na hÉireann may be giving up its military campaign

Based on the RNU Easter Message (or speeches)

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/0...mpaign-998510/
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Default Re: Speculaion that Óglaigh na hÉireann may be giving up its military campaign

Óglaigh na h-Éireann?.

The only Óglaigh in this country are the Irish Defence forces.

Default Re: Speculaion that Óglaigh na hÉireann may be giving up its military campaign

Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    Óglaigh na h-Éireann?.

Very original. I never heard that one before.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

One might facetiously ask "what armed campaign?"
    The United Irishman. Updated 5/2/14

But it will be interesting to see where this goes because the situation has been begging for a new republican approach besides those which have/are failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    But it will be interesting to see where this goes because the situation has been begging for a new republican approach besides those which have/are failing.
    Doesn't seem like there would be a whole lot fundamentally between them and Eirigi ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    Doesn't seem like there would be a whole lot fundamentally between them and Eirigi ...
    Indeed, yet they seem considerably more active than Eirigi, especially in the north. Eirigi have not really gotten anywhere.

Based on the RNU Easter Message (or speeches)

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/0...mpaign-998510/
    What military camapign?

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    What military camapign?
    I think people generally grasp the meaning. Let's not be pedantic. It adds nothing to the discussion.

Not so. I also want to know what military campaign is being referred to. Perhaps it is a purely notional one.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbouvet View Post
    Not so. I also want to know what military campaign is being referred to. Perhaps it is a purely notional one.
    You could maybe ask the government. They, after all, have over sixty men locked up in Portlaoise for supposed paramilitary activity. Unless these men were simply locked up arbitrarily (which I suppose is a possibility) then there does seem to have been something going on.

I think people generally grasp the meaning. Let's not be pedantic. It adds nothing to the discussion.
    I said 'what military campaign' not 'what's a military campaign?'. Let's not be thick.

I repeat, what campaign are you on about? I have not seen anything bar the odd revenge shooting or tame half arsed attempt at a bomb in the North in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    Óglaigh na h-Éireann?.

Really? It's [Óglaigh na h-Éireann] etched clearly on the late Martin Mc Guinness's headstone.
    Happiness is an inside job.