Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terror Attack in London 22/03/17

Default Re: Terror Attack in London 22/03/17

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    ok so far i have this

the attacker of Westminster was a British national, 52, family man and a teacher. (hardly the profile of a terrorist.)
    He was not on M15's top 3000 watchlist (whatever that means). He had a previous conviction for an assault on a bar man in 2000.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    He was not on M15's top 3000 watchlist (whatever that means). He had a previous conviction for an assault on a bar man in 2000.
    (ahem) and how many people in Britain have been convicted of assaulting others in bars?

amazing how the British Met really has things "Monitored" and under control tho .. i suppose they can crack down on vehicle transit in that area going forward

I thought this was a good piece.

Without a shred of evidence, and no “claimed responsibility”, the airwaves and press were flooded with assumptions that it was “Isis-inspired”. It was squeezed for every conceivable ounce of sensation and emotion.

Even if this was indeed a “terrorist” act and not that of a lone madman – I repeat, even if it was – the way to react is to treat it as a crime. Don’t speculate when you know such speculation will cause alarm. Don’t let Downing Street summon Cobra and drag the home secretary back from foreign parts. Don’t flood central London with hundreds of men with machine guns. Once the initial uncertainty is passed, don’t have the police issue interminable empty statements, as they stand in front of wall-to-wall BBC coverage of London “in total lockdown”.
    In other words, don’t pretend you are “carrying on as usual” when you are doing the precise opposite. When the prime minister stands up in parliament to announce, “We are not afraid,” the response is “why then is the entire government machine behaving as if it’s ****-scared?”
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ia-politicians

I suppose the immediate pressing issues of Brexit negotiations will centre on ''security'' with other member states who have experienced similar attacks. As for security, it appears somewhat lacking that the police officers at the external gate were the attacker entered were unarmed. What's more is the talk that the assailant was shot by Michael Fallon's [MP] personal protection officer and not a met police officer.
    Happiness is an inside job.

ok so far i have this

the attacker of Westminster was a British national, 52, family man and a teacher. (hardly the profile of a terrorist.)

the Islamic State claimed he was one of his 'foot soldiers' and ntp (our new member) seems to have pretty decent info showing that IS has only claimed hits that it can substantiate w video of the assailant swearing loyalty to their 72 virgins i suppose
    Did'nt notice any hair on his legs or chest as he lay stripped on the ground at Westminster. His overnight stay at a Brighton hotel the night before the attack may have been in preparation for martyrdom where and when he would have prayed and shaved. [as they do]

Some mathematical genius has equated the average age of a jihadi nutter to be 27 years old. What triggers them to act so spontaneously is anyones guess but it would'nt be too hard to tweak at a nutters head to get a reaction if you know what provokes them, makes them tick. Stop and search them, harass them, stop their benifits, bully them. Whatever gets a reaction. Like Psychological time bombs.

Of course MI5 will say he was off their radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Trow View Post
    Did'nt notice any hair on his legs or chest as he lay stripped on the ground at Westminster. His overnight stay at a Brighton hotel the night before the attack may have been in preparation for martyrdom where and when he would have prayed and shaved. [as they do]
    you sure those guys are as hairy as you folks?

Some mathematical genius has equated the average age of a jihadi nutter to be 27 years old. What triggers them to act so spontaneously is anyones guess but it would'nt be too hard to tweak at a nutters head to get a reaction if you know what provokes them, makes them tick. Stop and search them, harass them, stop their benifits, bully them. Whatever gets a reaction. Like Psychological time bombs.

Of course MI5 will say he was off their radar.
    armed w a knife how far is he going to go .. ...some mental case just murdered 4 ppl in PT w a kitchen knife .. (didnt bother to shave his legs tho) ...

armed w a knife how far is he going to go .
    He was 3 unlocked doors away from the Prime Minister and other MP's. Who knows how far he would have got but for the chance encounter with someones close protection officer who just happened to be there at the time.

He was 3 unlocked doors away from the Prime Minister and other MP's. Who knows how far he would have got but for the chance encounter with someones close protection officer who just happened to be there at the time.
    yea... you telling me a guy w a knife was 3 (unlocked) doors down from the new iron lady the british PM ?... what a bunch of BS

( <3 the unlocked detail)

yea... you telling me a guy w a knife was 3 (unlocked) doors down from the new iron lady the british PM ?... what a bunch of BS

( <3 the unlocked detail)
    I take it you don't know the layout of Westminster? Or were the armed guards are placed? I won't be going into that in detail or i'll be liable to a charge of ''communicating information useful to terrorists'' [again]

Quote.. The disclosure led to growing questions about where firearms officers were at the time of the attack, especially as Masood was shot just three unlocked doors away from the Prime Minister. unquote.. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...security-weak/
    Last edited by Trow; 24-03-2017 at 07:19 PM.

I suppose the immediate pressing issues of Brexit negotiations will centre on ''security'' with other member states who have experienced similar attacks. As for security, it appears somewhat lacking that the police officers at the external gate were the attacker entered were unarmed. What's more is the talk that the assailant was shot by Michael Fallon's [MP] personal protection officer and not a met police officer.
    Special Branch ? Do all MPs have them now?
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Special Branch ? Do all MPs have them now?
    Not all, just the ''top shelf'' ones....the Prime Minister, Defence secretary and the likes. SO6 and SO17 provide protection to diplomats and the palace of Westminster. They are part of ''protection command'' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_Command

Not all, just the ''top shelf'' ones....the Prime Minister, Defence secretary and the likes. SO6 and SO17 provide protection to diplomats and the palace of Westminster. They are part of ''protection command'' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_Command
    really?

am i the only one with a problem with your version of motive for the event?

that this 52 year old teacher father of 3 had his eye on the British PM none-the-less?

in that case he may have done better maybe just sneaking up through those 'unlocked' doors rather than mowing over a whole bunch of people (including school kids) on the bridge on his way up to the gates, no?

really?

that this 52 year old teacher father of 3 had his eye on the British PM none-the-less?

in that case he may have done better maybe just sneaking up through those 'unlocked' doors rather than mowing over a whole bunch of people (including school kids) on the bridge on his way up to the gates, no?
    You're single are'nt you?

For a start you quoted my reply to C. Flower and ''went off on one''

Your mission here is to attempt to ''T.R.O.L.L'' and you're about to fall flat on your face.

really?

You're the only one with a ''problem'' that's for sure.

I never ever suggested that the British PM or anyone else was the mad mans target and whether or not three unlocked doors lay before him he'd have had bother getting past the numerous armed cops at each one.

Not known if this is terrorism or not

BREAKING NEWS; An enormous explosion in central #Liverpool, #UK, reports of multiple walking wounded and huge police activity.

https://twitter.com/BreakingNLive/st...61282875838464
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast