Thread: Red C/SBP 26/02/17: Fianna Fáil: 26 % (-1) Fine Gael: 24 % (n/c) Sinn Féin: 19 % (+5)

Default Red C/SBP 26/02/17: Fianna Fáil: 26 % (-1) Fine Gael: 24 % (n/c) Sinn Féin: 19 % (+5)

Independents: 10 per cent (-4)

AAA-PBP: 6 per cent (+2)

Green Party: 4 per cent (n/c)

Labour: 4 per cent (-1)

Independent Alliance: 3 per cent (n/c)

Social Democrats: 3 per cent (-1)

Renua: 1 per cent (n/c)

https://www.businesspost.ie/politics...-c-poll-380485

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Default Re: Red C/SBP 26/02/17: Fianna Fáil: 26 % (-1) Fine Gael: 24 % (n/c) Sinn Féin: 19 % (+5)

Aha, taken after or before Inda's "decision"??

+5% for SF? No obvious reason for that, like Adams resigning, is it just "agin" the FF/FG nonsense?

Default Re: Red C/SBP 26/02/17: Fianna Fáil: 26 % (-1) Fine Gael: 24 % (n/c) Sinn Féin: 19 % (+5)

Quote Originally Posted by barrym View Post
    Aha, taken after or before Inda's "decision"??

+5% for SF? No obvious reason for that, like Adams resigning, is it just "agin" the FF/FG nonsense?
    It's more to do with a natural correction after SF being way too low in the last Red C @14%.

With these polls you've got to look past the silly figures. For instance FF at 33% in last week's Sindo is well off what they could realistically be at this stage.

Since they started to quote all the smaller parties the figures are now all over the place.

Nice to see the seeming significant left swing. Not the worst poll, at least SF are bouncy and seemingly picking up the slack. But Independents down again (presumably that is Ind+other). Nothing can be taken for granted anymore . Is there a more fickle FF vote now I wonder or is someone's methodology out ? Red Sea themselves admit what a dodgy science it is . A pity we couldnt have come up with another middle left alternative by now , SF are now it for most people
    http://www.redcresearch.ie/can-rely-polls-anymore/
    Last edited by GregTimo; 26-02-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GregTimo View Post
    Nice to see the seeming left swing. Not the worst poll, at least SF are bouncy and seemingly picking up the slack. But Independents down again (presumably that is Ind+other). Nothing can be taken for granted anymore . Is there a more fickle FF vote now I wonder or is someone's methodology out ? Red Sea themselves admit what a dodgy science it is http://www.redcresearch.ie/can-rely-polls-anymore/
    The emergence of Sinn Fein electorally, and the shrinkage of the FF/FG vote, is the biggest consistent shift in the last 30 years.

I'm not sure how much it can be seen as a shift to the left, much as I would like it to be, given that Labour has collapsed and Sinn Fein is only mildly leftish, and more nationalist/populist.

Edit: If it is right, AAA-PBP on 6% is also, if long term, a significant change. Not so long since SF was at that level.

I think some people are too inclined to only look from poll to poll, and to forget what a seismic shift this is from the overwhelming majority FF governments that have dominated much of the history of the Republic.
    Last edited by C. Flower; 26-02-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

FG must be a bit disappointed they got no bounce from all the media focus on the leadership. But it may come when Kenny leaves the scene. Theres no real option but SF out here in North Cork , Greg. But , like C.Flower ,I have deep misgivings about their claims to be left wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Donal Og View Post
    FG must be a bit disappointed they got no bounce from all the media focus on the leadership. But it may come when Kenny leaves the scene. Theres no real option but SF out here in North Cork , Greg. But , like C.Flower ,I have deep misgivings about their claims to be left wing.
    For me it's not just I have misgivings, but I'm internationalist aspiring and hoped for something more suitable . But I have to hope SF dont work out so bad , they are the reality, because of our weakness . At least they affiliated to the euro left and that

SF is "leftish" more so than any other significant opposition grouping.

For me, I hope this poll indicates that enough of the potential electorate are getting worried that indications of FF support mean more tweedle dum stuff.

Default Irish Times IPSOS-MRBI 2-3-2017 FF 29%, FG 28%, SF 21%, Labour 4%, Inds 18%.

Might as well throw that up here for comparison.

Irish Times IPSOS-MRBI 2-3-2017 FF 29%, FG 28%, SF 21%, Labour 4%, Inds 18%.

An opinion poll which seems to confirm a trend of voters opting more and more for the big three parties as Labour and the Ind-Others show a catastrophic drop off in just over a year since the GE.

Don't knows were at 20% so there may be hope for the smaller parties and Inds that their lost support may just be uncertain as to who to support at the moment.

Dublin

23 FF
    29 FG
    17 SF
    5 LAB
    25 INDS

ROL

29 FF
    26 FG
    24 SF
    3 LAB
    18 INDS