Thread: Genealogy: Irish Civil Records Now Available Online

Default Genealogy: Irish Civil Records Now Available Online

The state comes in for much deserved criticism often enough but it has some great free online resources, so praise when it is due. This is another one that has become freely available.

The years covered by the release of the historic records of Births, Marriages and Deaths are:

Births: 1864 to 1915

Marriages: 1882* to 1940

Deaths: 1891* to 1965

The General Register Office are currently working on updating further records of Marriages dating back to 1845 and Deaths dating back to 1864.These will be included in future updates to the records available on the website.
    https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/

There are some limited church records as well.

You could spend hours on it!

Default Re: Genealogy: Irish Civil Records Now Available Online

Thanks. Yes, a great resource: I'll make a sticky thread of this.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Thanks Fraxinus, you've just helped me find the death registration of an elusive grandfather and there's a nice bit of useful family info contained in the recorded facts of the death.

No bother but I can't take all the credit :P It's amazing the stuff you can get. The info on the birth and marriage certs have mothers maiden names and fathers place of residence....there's a lot of digging that can be done. I'm going to post a new thread for another resource but if CF or moderators think they should be merged by all means do!