Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Scottish and Ulster Scot roots of the KKK

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    946

    Default Re: Scottish and Ulster Scot roots of the KKK

    Oh well we can only try. Short of RNY taking a six month sabbatical to study the repercussions of the English and Scottish Reformations and the Tudor x Stuart Plantation of Ireland , I don't know what to suggest. Move to Western Pennsylvania and have a good ol wallow in the mud?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,727

    Default Re: Scottish and Ulster Scot roots of the KKK

    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Og View Post
    Oh well we can only try. Short of RNY taking a six month sabbatical to study the repercussions of the English and Scottish Reformations and the Tudor x Stuart Plantation of Ireland , I don't know what to suggest. Move to Western Pennsylvania and have a good ol wallow in the mud?
    oh dear lord jayzus .. is that the way you say oh g-d over there?

    No sabbaticals for me. I have to review 7 grants for the NIH this week, plus have to submit my own grant for the same deadline, that means sleeping 6hr a night so i may be short of a neuron or two to think about english and scotish reformations and plantations of ireland.. what did they plant over there? not sugar cane I assume..

    maybe you could post something funny to get my mind off some irritating material i am reading?

    where's the other guy that speaks englirish and i dont understand most of what he says..

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,029

    Default Re: Scottish and Ulster Scot roots of the KKK

    Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post

    where's the other guy that speaks englirish and i dont understand most of what he says..
    Not sure who you mean, Sidewinder p'haps?

    Edit: Now that I think of it you probably are referring to one of our newest posters, Dedogs.
    Last edited by pluralist; 01-02-2017 at 10:26 PM.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    946

    Default Re: Scottish and Ulster Scot roots of the KKK

    Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    oh dear lord jayzus .. is that the way you say oh g-d over there?

    No sabbaticals for me. I have to review 7 grants for the NIH this week, plus have to submit my own grant for the same deadline, that means sleeping 6hr a night so i may be short of a neuron or two to think about english and scotish reformations and plantations of ireland.. what did they plant over there? not sugar cane I assume..

    maybe you could post something funny to get my mind off some irritating material i am reading?

    where's the other guy that speaks englirish and i dont understand most of what he says..
    What did they plant in the north of Ireland? People , silly ! The very people we are discussing in fact. It is interesting that the Border clans had no allegiance to Scotland or England , only to their kin. Needless to say they had no time for Ireland , where some stayed but many only for a generation.Their allegiance to the US is entirely conditional also.Many presidents emerged from this milieu. Woodrow Wilson springs to mind for example. But they won't accept black , Jewish or Catholic leadership. Kennedy was and is reviled in the South.I'm sorry about your heavy schedule RNY? What do you call a man with a seagull on his head? .....Cliff :-)

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,727

    Default Re: Scottish and Ulster Scot roots of the KKK

    Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    Not sure who you mean, Sidewinder p'haps?

    Edit: Now that I think of it you probably are referring to one of our newest posters, Dedogs.


    yes that one dedogs!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,727

    Default Re: Scottish and Ulster Scot roots of the KKK

    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Og View Post
    What did they plant in the north of Ireland? People , silly ! The very people we are discussing in fact. It is interesting that the Border clans had no allegiance to Scotland or England , only to their kin. Needless to say they had no time for Ireland , where some stayed but many only for a generation.Their allegiance to the US is entirely conditional also.
    the fact they don't have any allegiance to Scotland or England doesn't make them any LESS BritIslanders when they move elsewhere

    so you guys call them Planters? i wonder if that's what the Spaniards call those Brits in Gibraltar ..really strange people and their 'loyalty' to the queen

    Many presidents emerged from this milieu. Woodrow Wilson springs to mind for example. But they won't accept black , Jewish or Catholic leadership. Kennedy was and is reviled in the South.
    ah pfftt i wasn't really expecting Bernie to get anywhere close to the WH .. and now "Order" has been restored under the White-Supremacist Britards + holding hands with Theresa May, oh so adorabs the other day!!!
    (Let's see for how long).

    I'm sorry about your heavy schedule RNY? What do you call a man with a seagull on his head? .....Cliff :-)
    ah no! don't be... my heavy schedule is that which keeps me sane.. i just finished my assignments like 30 min ago.. imagine that i had time to sit around and agonize over our new tenant in the WH ?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    946

    Default Re: Scottish and Ulster Scot roots of the KKK

    Well , it seems rude to call them Planters, many are from families that arrived 400 years ago. To me they are just Irish but , mostly , they reject this identity.Whereas people immigrating to the USA or UK are expected to conform and integrate pdq.Perhaps it is an Anglophone problem? Certainly Brits in Spain (400,000 as view of now) are not in any rush to acclimatise. Most never learn Spanish and they have their own radio and newspapers.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,727

    Default Re: Scottish and Ulster Scot roots of the KKK

    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Og View Post
    Well , it seems rude to call them Planters, many are from families that arrived 400 years ago. To me they are just Irish but , mostly , they reject this identity.Whereas people immigrating to the USA or UK are expected to conform and integrate pdq.Perhaps it is an Anglophone problem? Certainly Brits in Spain (400,000 as view of now) are not in any rush to acclimatise. Most never learn Spanish and they have their own radio and newspapers.
    they do have a very interesting type of behavior (the Planters) .. they act that way in countries which they believe to be inferior to England, and I say England, not the UK, because the brain-washing is that which supports the monarchy, their pride, the poor things. They act like that in pretty much ALL other European countries bar France (and even then I think they still feel way superior to the french)

    Anyway, i believe it comes down to the superiority complex because those lille things for the most part do not behave the same way in the US (bc they must think 'tis in some basic way superior to them , cos Americans kicked their ass at some point .. )

    so basically what i am trying to say is that i believe they only respect those they believe to be superior to them cos that's what brain washing a young brain to venerate a monarchic system does to them.

    But, I also believe that the day they lose a war that'll be the day that all that fluff and sense of superiority puff disappears.


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Share us
Follow Us