Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: France - 2017 presidential election

Default Re: France - 2017 presidential election

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    I think that you are over-simplifying complicated matters.
    Perhaps. But it is a good summation.

On the last sentence, what does the 'slowly boiled frog' represent to you?
    An increasingly less informed electorate that is being told what to think rather than thinking for themselves. They are told that various parties or politicians are their enemies (Left or Right) and that they should hate them and all for which they stand. In reality, these parties and politicians are a threat to the status quo.

Regards...jmcc

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    An increasingly less informed electorate that is being told what to think rather than thinking for themselves. They are told that various parties or politicians are their enemies (Left or Right) and that they should hate them and all for which they stand. In reality, these parties and politicians are a threat to the status quo.

Regards...jmcc
    Meh. I reckon the electorate is as well (or badly) informed as its ever been.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Attempt to upstage the Republicans. Might work, but a co-habitation of some sort of other will result.

Liberation had a nine pointer about him, one is he has refused to say what his assets are worth for the Parliament. Another complete sh1te, f you lot, I am superior to you. Shows Macron's true colours.

This ******** has blown with every wind, he was Melonchon's parl sec at one time, ffs.

hes the wayne rooney of politics isnt he???? turn your back and hes up on your granny....

Silvio Berlusconi says Emmanuel Macron is a 'nice lad with a good-looking mum'

Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

I think Silvio has it about right.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Silvio Berlusconi says Emmanuel Macron is a 'nice lad with a good-looking mum'

I suppose your(s) problem must be the thought of your mum getting well f*cked by a man your age...(also known as the Oedipus complex = a good number of men want to F their mum?).

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbouvet View Post
    I think Silvio has it about right.
    Weapons of mass distraction ?
    Macron has appointed his Cabinet which is spite of some gimmicky dressing up is, where it matters (economy, finance, Prime Minister), shaping up as a Centre Right government
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Weapons of mass distraction ?
    Macron has appointed his Cabinet which is spite of some gimmicky dressing up is, where it matters (economy, finance, Prime Minister), shaping up as a Centre Right government
    (gimmicky...)

why is this surprising?

Center Right in France is still well to the left on Ireland's political spectrum (it appears by what you guys post here)

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    I suppose your(s) problem must be the thought of your mum getting well f*cked by a man your age...(also known as the Oedipus complex = a good number of men want to F their mum?).
    Some of us draw the line at women in their late forties lol.

But then again, as was already said, this is France. They have a very sexually radical culture and while this is weird to many people, it is not that weird to them.

39 and 64 in Ireland could only be in the case of an older man and younger woman, and even then it is very unusual these days.

This President does look like a schoolboy though. A spoiled kid of sorts who has had a lot of luck in his career.
    Last edited by Apjp; 19-05-2017 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    Some of us draw the line at women in their late forties lol.
    LOL .. what happens when she crosses the 50s barrier?

i suppose she was fine then, i think she was not forty when they met... and if you go by her looks now, imagine 25 years ago?

ppl need to mind their own business and maybe have better sex, maybe try an older woman? younger men? why not? .. there's nothing radical about that (maybe for Ireland it is radical), the guy was just WAY ahead of standard maturity when he was in his mid twenties, happens sometimes (he actually looks like an old soul to me), so i am not surprised he was confident enough to fall in love for someone that 'met his expectations' independently of age - although I bet she was stunning aged 39 anyway.

39 and 64 in Ireland could only be in the case of an older man and younger woman, and even then it is very unusual these days.
    i had an assistant that ended up marrying a man 30 years older - 30 years !! to me that was like almost like marrying your grandpa.. well, they are still married. So, i dunno, whatever floats your boat i guess.

This President does look like a schoolboy though. A spoiled kid of sorts who has had a lot of luck in his career.
    there you go again with your off the cuff judgements ('Spoiled kid' )

keep in mind that "The Office Makes The Man" - today he finalized his cabinet and it is 50/50 male/female (11 each, a woman will lead defense) from the entire political spectrum (left to right).. it will be very interesting to follow.

Even at my advanced age, I still have aspirations to be a Gigolo.............
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    LOL .. what happens when she crosses the 50s barrier?

i suppose she was fine then, i think she was not forty when they met... and if you go by her looks now, imagine 25 years ago?

ppl need to mind their own business and maybe have better sex, maybe try an older woman? younger men? why not? .. there's nothing radical about that (maybe for Ireland it is radical), the guy was just WAY ahead of standard maturity when he was in his mid twenties, happens sometimes (he actually looks like an old soul to me), so i am not surprised he was confident enough to fall in love for someone that 'met his expectations' independently of age - although I bet she was stunning aged 39 anyway.

i had an assistant that ended up marrying a man 30 years older - 30 years !! to me that was like almost like marrying your grandpa.. well, they are still married. So, i dunno, whatever floats your boat i guess.

there you go again with your off the cuff judgements ('Spoiled kid' )

keep in mind that "The Office Makes The Man" - today he finalized his cabinet and it is 50/50 male/female (11 each, a woman will lead defense) from the entire political spectrum (left to right).. it will be very interesting to follow.
    mate in fairness if a 40 year old man teacher rode a 15 year old schoolgirl noone would be sayin it was allright theyd have him locked up and on the pedophile register for life when he got out....

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    Even at my advanced age, I still have aspirations to be a Gigolo.............
    errmmm... but that's the other way around right? .. you would be looking for a 40 year old? or add 20 years in the other direction (LOL)

i think i need to educate myself in all matters 'gigolo' cos i am confused now

Quote Originally Posted by dedogs View Post
    mate in fairness if a 40 year old man teacher rode a 15 year old schoolgirl noone would be sayin it was allright theyd have him locked up and on the pedophile register for life when he got out....
    mate, in fairness, , I can assure you that falling in love with someone does not mean one will be 'riding' anyone.

They met when he was 15 but as far as i know got together much later, and married when he was 27 (i think). It is an amazing love story that is a fact.

Macron is the "SapioSexual" by the book. [i am defo on board with that]
    Last edited by random new yorker; 20-05-2017 at 03:30 AM.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast