Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Thread started by C. Flower - News Media and the Internet - What is 'Fake' and What is Real ?

Default Re: Thread started by C. Flower - News Media and the Internet - What is 'Fake' and What is Real ?

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    Who is "you people"?
    RNY, by her own very honest admission, has some issues with Irish people going on her posting history.

Maybe that week in Dublin was not the most enjoyable, maybe Irish people tend to be too leftwing for her Right-wing Liberal tastes.

Of course maybe it is just because a lot of us hate Clinton as much as we hate Trump, because criminals are all the same to some of us.

My own view is that there is a certain extreme case of selective morality around Liberal Democrats when it comes to their own worldview.

Default Re: Thread started by C. Flower - News Media and the Internet - What is 'Fake' and What is Real ?

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    did you read post 77 from DCon? .... try reading it while you keep in mind Whom/Where is located the host of this Forum .. not that i care much about what ZeroHedge has to say (and g-d knows for how long it will keep saying) but for now take a peak and ask yourself if you really want to turn this forum into a hotbed of misconstrued, fake or out right fabrications from the minds of people you have no means of vetting.
    Yet another general slur against the characters of other people online.

It is not a crime nor even a forum misdemeanour on most forums on the web to post an opinion or what we generally believe to be a source of information.

Vetting, in case you are not fully aware of the linguistic connotations, is also akin to a criminal background check. Then again your English is fluent enough and I suspect you knew that.

I wonder how heavily moderated US opinion forums are if you expect people to be 'vetted' as though applying to teach kids or work for a Prison service?

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    It's from Zero Hedge, which is on RNY's List of Things which should be banned from the internet.
    Yeah a read of about 50% of this thread seems to confirm that is the general point behind many of her posts.

Such Liberals do not seem to realise such things would require some sort of heavy anti-liberal censorship bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    I never once said I believe it the allegations. Just pointed out that it they are out there as are some images apparently from the owner of said pizza place

And not yet denied to my knowledge as being from the alleged source. If they have been, then I will remove

And my intent is not, and never was, politically motivated. I realize it maybe difficult for you and RNY not to see everything in a Dems vs Repubs light but I think the scourge of child abuse is so widespread amongst people in positions of authority that it is unlikely politicians (of any and all affiliation) do not have some abusers in their ranks.

The Church, tv presenters, football (soccer) coaches all have abusers in their ranks. I do not know if abusers are attracted to positions of power and influence or if people in positions of power and influence become abusers (I suspect the former) but as I said it is unlikely the political class is immune. The political affiliation any abusing politician pretends to hold is immaterial to me. And should be to anyone else.
    I do not think either Poster is capable of seeing anything in a NON-Dems/GOP light.

A DC area venue that refused to book an inauguration event called the DeploraBall has been receiving threats..........

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...406862255.html
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

@apjp

as regards vetting

I will give you an example of what the word means in the US

say I hire someone

I offer them a job after a 30min interview and tell them they can start monday

they do start monday

on tuesday i send their CV and my intention to make them an official offer to Human Resources

Human Resources does their Due Diligence and Vetting of the information provided by the candidate to the position i have open.

That is what Vetting means in the US. It means Trust but Verify. It is the process by which an Official outfit confirms you are who you claim to be, that your credentials are valid, that you are a citizen in good standing (not a criminal) and that there are no other major impediments/conflicts to the Company/University/Gov offering you the job.

(that vetting process is exactly the same that Trump cabinet picks will go through in January - HR in that case is Congress)

Anything that is written under RNY should alert people that there is an American connotation to all the words i write - that is why i chose that Anon.

If you dont understand what i say then move on.

Now please go upthread and delete all references you made to RNY as i have make no such claims or whatever your understanding is of the situation/examples i described.

Good to know i wasn't the only one who was gobsmacked by internet ads in November ..

RNY

---

He said that he noticed something had gone wrong with internet ads in November when, just out of curiosity, he visited Breitbart News. Like Mr. Phillips, he was gobsmacked by what he found there. His version of Breitbart was plastered with the logos of Silicon Valley brands that courted tech-savvy, pro-diversity millennials. “I couldn’t believe that these progressive companies were paying Breitbart News,” he said.

So he created a Twitter account called Sleeping Giants that would allow him and his fellow activists to anonymously interact with advertisers. Then they sent screenshots to companies like Chase, SoFi and Audi to prove that their ads appeared next to offensive content. Within hours, they received their first response, and they realized that they had stumbled across a potentially powerful tactic.

“We are trying to stop racist websites by stopping their ad dollars,” reads the Sleeping Giants profile. “Many companies don’t even know it’s happening. It’s time to tell them.” They say it’s not about taking away Breitbart’s right to free speech, but about giving consumers and advertisers control over where their money goes.

here

---

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    Good to know i wasn't the only one who was gobsmacked by internet ads in November ..

RNY

---

He said that he noticed something had gone wrong with internet ads in November when, just out of curiosity, he visited Breitbart News. Like Mr. Phillips, he was gobsmacked by what he found there. [COLOR="#0000FF"]
    So, on reading the article, it appears some numpty who doesn't understand how the Internet and internet advertising works has a hissy fit when targeted internet advertising works exactly like it is supposed to work? Better not tell him that there's a Cookie Monster that asks his browser for cookies whenever he vists a website. The poor gobsh!te would have nightmares.

Just to explain again:

You are being tracked.

You are being profiled.

You are being shown ads based on the websites you previously visited and on your demographics and interests.

Regards...jmcc

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Thanks for posting this, DCon - there has been a recent trail of journalist / editorial resignations in the States over publication of fake news on Russia and Trump.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567