Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread started by C. Flower - News Media and the Internet - What is 'Fake' and What is Real ?

Default Thread started by C. Flower - News Media and the Internet - What is 'Fake' and What is Real ?

PLEASE NOTE:THIS THREAD WAS STARTED BY C. FLOWER, ADMIN, BY MOVING A POST FROM THE US ELECTIONS THREAD.

For future reference.
    RNY

-----

False, Misleading, Clickbait-y, and/or Satirical “News” Sources
    Disclaimer 1: All of the contents in this document reflect the opinion of the author and are for educational purposes only. This resource was split into categories around 8:00pm EST on 11/15/16.

CATEGORY 1: Below is a list of fake, false, or regularly misleading websites that are shared on Facebook and social media. Some of these websites may rely on “outrage” by using distorted headlines and decontextualized or dubious information in order to generate likes, shares, and profits. These websites are categorized with the number 1 next to them.

CATEGORY 2: Some websites on this list may circulate misleading and/or potentially unreliable information, and they are marked with a 2.

CATEGORY 3: Other websites on this list sometimes use clickbait-y headlines and social media descriptions, and they are marked with a 3.

CATEGORY 4: Other sources on this list are purposefully fake with the intent of satire/comedy, which can offer important critical commentary on politics and society, but have the potential to be shared as actual/literal news. I’m including them here, for now, because 1.) they have the potential to perpetuate misinformation based on different audience (mis)interpretations and 2.) to make sure anyone who reads a story by The Onion, for example, understands its purpose. If you think this is unnecessary, please see Literally Unbelievable.

Note: I will be updating the categorizations and adding links gradually through the next couple of days.
    Many of the websites on this list continue to offer valuable journalism and/or satirical commentary. For example, a website included on this list wrote an overall thoughtful piece about the list, but the headline suggests that every source on this list is fake, which misrepresents the list. Finally, I do not condone plug-ins that automatically block any of the websites listed below. And as a reminder, not all of the sources listed below should be considered fake.

100PercentFedUp.com (2,3)
    EnduringVision.com (1)
    PakAlertPress.com
    21stCenturyWire.com (2, 3)
    FPRNradio.com
    PoliticalBlindSpot.com
    70news.wordpress.com (1)
    The Free Thought Project (3)
    PoliticalEars.com
    Abcnews.com.co (1)
    GeoEngineeringWatch.org
    Politicalo (1)
    ActivistPost.com (2, 3)
    *Website Removed* (temporarily)
    PoliticusUSA
    Addicting Info (3)
    GovtSlaves.info
    PrisonPlanet.com
    AmericanNews.com (1)
    GulagBound.com
    PrisonPlanet.tv
    AnonNews.co (3)
    HangTheBankers.com
    Associated Media Coverage
    HumansAreFree.com
    ProjectVeritas
    BeforeItsNews.com
    Huzlers (4)
    Being Liberal
    IfYouOnlyNews
    React 365
    BigAmericanNews.com
    Indecision Forever (1)
    RealFarmacy.com
    BigPZone.com
    IJR (Independent Journal Review)
    RealNewsRightNow.com (1, 4)
    Bipartisan Report (3)
    InfoWars (1, 2)
    RedFlagNews.com
    BizPac Review
    Infowars.com
    Red State (3)
    Blue Nation Review (2,3)
    IntelliHub.com
    Reductress (4)
    Breitbart (2, 3)
    Inquisitr.com
    RileNews.com (1, 4)
    Call the Cops (4)
    JonesReport.com
    Satira Tribune
    Cap News (4)
    LewRockwell.com
    Sprotspickle.com (4)
    ChristWire.org (4)
    Liberal America
    The Blaze
    Chronicle.su
    LibertyTalk.fm
    CivicTribune.com (1)
    LibertyUnyielding
    Borowitz Report (4)
    ClickHole.com (4)
    LibertyVideos.org
    The Onion (4)
    CoastToCoastAM.com (2)
    LMR/LibertyMovementRadio.com
    The Other 98% (3)
    CollectiveEvolution (3)
    MediaMass.net (1)
    The Reporterz
    ConsciousLifeNews.com (2)
    MegynKelly.us (1)
    The Stately Harold
    ConservativeOutfitters.com (2)
    MSNBC.com.co (1)
    TheDailySheeple.com
    ConspiracyWire (WideAwakeAmerica.com) (2)
    MSNBC.website (1)
    TheNewsNerd.com
    CountdownToZeroTime.com (2)
    Naha Daily (4)
    TheRunDownLive.com
    CounterPsyOps.com
    National Report
    TheUsPatriot.com
    NationalReport.net (1)
    TruthFrequencyRadio.com
    CreamBMP.com (1)
    NaturalNews.com
    Twitchy.com (3)
    DailyBuzzLive.com
    NC Scooper
    UnconfirmedSources.com
    DailyCurrant.com
    NCT (New Century Times)
    News Examiner
    USA Supreme
    Daily Wire
    News-Hound.com (1)
    US.Blasting.News
    DCClothesLine.com
    NewsBiscuit.com (1)
    US Uncut (3)
    DCGazette.com (1)
    Newslo (1, 4)
    VeteransToday.com
    DerfMagazine.com
    NewsMutiny.com (1, 4)
    *Website Removed*
    (temporarily)
    Disclose.tv
    Newswatch 28
    WakingUpWisconsin.com
    DrudgeReport.com.co (1)
    Newswatch 33
    Winning Democrats
    DuffleBlog.com (4)
    NewsWire-24.com
    WitScience.org
    DuhProgressive.com
    NoDisInfo.com
    World Net Daily
    Embols.com
    Now8News
    World News Daily Report (4)
    Empire Herald
    NowTheEndBegins.com
    WorldTruth.tv
    Empire News (1)
    Occupy Democrats (3)
    ZeroHedge
    EmpireNews.com
    Endingthefed.com

Tips for analyzing news sources:

Avoid websites that end in “lo” ex: Newslo (above). These sites take pieces of accurate information and then packaging that information with other false or misleading “facts” (sometimes for the purposes of satire or comedy).

Watch out for websites that end in “.com.co” as they are often fake versions of real news sources

Watch out if known/reputable news sites are not also reporting on the story. Sometimes lack of coverage is the result of corporate media bias and other factors, but there should typically be more than one source reporting on a topic or event.

Odd domain names generally equal odd and rarely truthful news.

Lack of author attribution may, but not always, signify that the news story is suspect and requires verification.

Some news organizations are also letting bloggers post under the banner of particular news brands; however, many of these posts do not go through the same editing process (ex: BuzzFeed Community Posts, Kinja blogs, Forbes blogs).

Check the “About Us” tab on websites or look up the website on Snopes or Wikipedia for more information about the source.

Bad web design and use of ALL CAPS can also be a sign that the source you’re looking at should be verified and/or read in conjunction with other sources.

If the story makes you REALLY ANGRY it’s probably a good idea to keep reading about the topic via other sources to make sure the story you read wasn’t purposefully trying to make you angry (with potentially misleading or false information) in order to generate shares and ad revenue.

If the website you’re reading encourages you to DOX individuals, it’s unlikely to be a legitimate source of news.

It’s always best to read multiple sources of information to get a variety of viewpoints and media frames. Some sources not yet included in this list (although their practices at times may qualify them for addition), such as The Daily Kos, The Huffington Post, and Fox News, vacillate between providing important, legitimate, problematic, and/or hyperbolic news coverage, requiring readers and viewers to verify and contextualize information with other sources.

Bio: I am an assistant professor of communication & media, and this list started as a resource for my students, who are learning about journalism/social media/media literacy.

Update 1: I’ve received hundreds of emails with suggestions, very few of which are duplicates, so it will take me a while to sift through and verify them. I will add them as appropriate. (EDIT 11/15/2016 @ 3:42 EST: I have a list of sources, suggested by all of you, that will take me a long time to get through)

Update 2: Yes, I am considering further coding/categorizing these sources for clarity and creating a more durable/dynamic database. This is likely just step 1.

Update 3: Some people are asking which news sources I trust, and all I can say is that I read/watch/listen very widely, from mainstream, corporate owned sources (The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes) as well as The Atlantic, National Public Radio, and various local and alternative sources with different political perspectives, some of which are included on this list. The problem: Even typically reliable sources, whether mainstream or alternative, corporate or nonprofit, rely on particular media frames to report stories and select stories based on different notions of newsworthiness. The best thing to do in our contemporary media environment is to read/watch/listen widely and often, and to be critical of the sources we share and engage with on social media.

Update 4: A group of AWESOME librarians will be working with this list to provide more detail, examples of the news articles in question, etc. I will post what they make here when it is complete.

Update 5: It should be noted I’m not the first person to call out some of these websites. When I first started compiling this specific large list on Monday, some friends alerted me to many websites doing similar and great work, such as Ed Brayton’s recent post at Patheos (I included many of the websites on his list after checking them myself if I was unfamiliar). I plan on providing more links to outside resources in the near future.

© 2016 by Melissa Zimdars
    The work 'False, Misleading, Clickbait-y, and Satirical “News” Sources'
    is made available under a Creative Commons
    Attribution 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
    Last edited by C. Flower; 06-12-2016 at 04:44 PM.

Default Re: News Media and the Internet - What is 'Fake' and What is Real ?

I've opened this thread with a post by RNY. The topic is fake - as opposed to 'real' news sites.

Google has just stated it will withdraw adsense from 'fake' sites. The list in the post above gives quite a useful run down on dodgy "for raising ad revenue" sites but conflates it with satire and with hyped investigative/ conspiracy material.

I see that "Breitbart" the right wing site run by Trump's right hand man is included in the list.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

I suppose people could add to this list as they come across websites that fit the bill.
    RNY

Ireland's best loved fake news site "Waterford Whispers"

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

A couple of recent short pieces on the issue of fake news.

Read or listen four minutes

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/16/502345062/committee-to-protect-journalists-outlines-medias-role-in-debunking-fake-news

8 minutes

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/online-hoaxes-fake-news-played-role-election/

Read or listen 40 mins.

http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2016-11-16/the-power-of-fake-news-and-personalized-social-media-feeds

Fake news has become such a problem that many US city and county governments now maintain "Rumor Control" websites.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumor_control_center
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

the week before the election i knew something was wrong with my Facebook feed

my right hand side was lined w support adds for Trump

t'was the same week that Comey posted that he was going to start another investigation on the Clinton emails

everyone was in distress.

47% waited to get data .. virginia + first tallies from midwest .. it was about 9p and in our house it was over. the other 47% were flabbergasted, couldn't believe it, trump looked like someone was playing a g-d damned prank on him...

well

Ahh ... you may want to understand why AI is already in control of how we feel and how we vote

(and some folks over here are so out of touch they are still talking about Workers Unions)

RNY

SAN FRANCISCO — An automated army of pro-Donald J. Trump chatbots overwhelmed similar programs supporting Hillary Clinton five to one in the days leading up to the presidential election, according to a report published Thursday by researchers at Oxford University.

The chatbots — basic software programs with a bit of artificial intelligence and rudimentary communication skills — would send messages on Twitter based on a topic, usually defined on the social network by a word preceded by a hashtag symbol, like #Clinton.

Their purpose: to rant, confuse people on facts, or simply muddy discussions, said Philip N. Howard, a sociologist at the Oxford Internet Institute and one of the authors of the report. If you were looking for a real debate of the issues, you weren’t going to find it with a chatbot.

“They’re yelling fools,” Dr. Howard said. “And a lot of what they pass around is false news.”

The role fake news played in the presidential election has become a sore point for the technology industry, particularly Google, Twitter and Facebook. On Monday, Google said it would ban websites that peddle fake news from using its online advertising service. Facebook also updated the language in its Facebook Audience Network policy, which already says it will not display ads in sites that show misleading or illegal content, to include fake news sites.

In some cases, the bots would post embarrassing photos, make references to the Federal Bureau of Investigation inquiry into Mrs. Clinton’s private email server, or produce false statements, for instance, that Mrs. Clinton was about to go to jail or was already in jail.

Automated Pro-Trump Bots Overwhelmed Pro-Clinton Messages, Researchers Say
    By JOHN MARKOFFNOV. 17, 2016

make references to the Federal Bureau of Investigation inquiry into Mrs. Clinton’s private email server
    This of course was not fake.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

An important article by Declan Lawn, of BBC Panorama and other reputable programmes, on the collapse of investigative journalism and why the press drops the ball on the biggest stories, including the banking crash, Brexit and Trump.

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/jo...nsus-1.2868638

So, how have we got here? It starts with the financial crisis of 2008. When the history books are written, the seismic political events of the past year will be traced to that beginning. Before, during, and after the 2008 crash, serious journalism dropped the ball. Because we knew, didn’t we? We knew.

In Belfast, London and Dublin, we knew on some instinctive common-sense level but we subjugated our instincts to the judgments of experts who did not exist. We knew it didn’t feel right, that it was unsustainable.
    But as journalists we missed it. Or more to the point, we didn’t tell it, until it came from the bottom up and could not be ignored – until it had already happened. The central issue is that journalists buy into narratives just like everybody else and just like everybody else we can be wrong on a collective and massive scale. This is no surprise – we are not supernatural sages.
    Dominant consensus

The problem is that we are getting ever worse at going against the dominant consensus. Fewer and fewer of us are anti-authoritarian enough and difficult enough to go with our gut and challenge the narrative. These days journalists are not rewarded for being difficult. A culture does not exist in which a journalist can render an alternative narrative without being dismissed as a loonie leftie or alt-right conspiracy theorist.

Thirty years ago journalists questioned dominant narratives all the time – it was what journalists were for. Today, questioning the consensus is a dangerous game; whether it’s the consensus of neoliberalism or military interventionism or whatever – it gets you called a “conspiracy theorist”. This is how journalism fails.

As humans we have instincts about things we see around us. Intuition. Common sense. And as journalists, we have a duty to follow these observations wherever they take us, even if it is against the prevailing wisdom. Yet now, too many of us have had that instinct trained out of us; we stay with the herd, even when there are no real fences us around to hold us in – just our own expectations and those of our peers.
    I should point out, if it isn’t already obvious, I am entirely guilty of the sin of which I speak. I spent a decade travelling around the UK doing Panorama after Panorama. The subjects were diverse – welfare cuts, the National Health Service, undercover investigations into criminals, migrant labour exposés – I put a lot of facts out into the world and as far as I know they were all correct.
    But the bigger story was the one all around me. It was what I was seeing in towns such as Stoke and Scunthorpe, Merthyr Tydfil and Bradford. It was the despair. The grim, grinding, daily despair in the lives of so many of the people I met. And yet I had no way to tell it as a story, to sum it all up, to tie it together, even though I felt it instinctively. I never even suggested it. I should have. And then on June 23rd in the vote on EU membership it became a story after all.
    + 100%

This is why the public does not trust the "Mainstream Media" any more - because by and large, it is "Fake News". Much of it is recycled Press Release garbage.

Then, a real news story like Jonathan Sugarman's, is blanked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-EvFQvoAt4
    Last edited by C. Flower; 18-11-2016 at 09:43 AM.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Fascinating how people are trying to repeat the mistakes of the past (Those of about twenty-five years ago). The primary mistake these people make is that their efforts are infinitely scalable. They are not. This is the same mistake that a lot of web directory operators made in the early days of the web. They assumed that visitors to the web directory would submit new sites to the directory and that this influx of new sites would keep the directory relevant. There were two problems. The first was that the number of new sites, and domain names, was growing each day and it exceeded the number of vistors submitting sites to the directories. The second was that websites have finite lifespans. If the web directories didn't remove deleted sites, then their usefulness declined.

Because they rely on the efforts of students and others, the maximum number of sites that can be detected and classified is always a function of the number of students employed. I've seen the same Cargo Cult process applied to classifying websites and it always ends in tears. These iffy news sites exist on domain names. If a site gets blacklisted then it is possible for a new site to be deployed in seconds. Content management software like Wordpress or Joomla, some web hosting and a domain name all that is needed. A .com domain name can cost anything from about $9 to $15. Some of the new gTLDs like .xyz, .top, .win are often available at a heavily discounted price or sometimes for free. Some of these business models are based on heavily discounted domain names to remain viable. Each fake news site has to make enough money from Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising to cover the domain registration fee, web hosting fee and the content generation expenses. Once they do that, they are making a profit for their operator.

Some of these fake news sites have limited lifespans in that they may be event driven. When the event is over, they are effectively dead websites and no longer maintained. There are even new versions of these fake news sites in development for events that have not yet happened.

The scale of the problem is something that these people haven't actually quantified. There are approximately 186 million gTLDs (com,net,org etc) including the new ones. There are also millions of country code TLDs like (.ie, .us, .eu, .uk, .de etc). Not all of these domain names have active websites but in differentiating fake news websites from actual news websites, the initial set of sites is quite large. And it is not a static set of sites. Tens of thousands of domain names are deleted each day and more are registered. The operator of the .com TLD said recently that its one year renewal rate was approximately 50%. In plain English, that means that of all .com domain names registered for one year, only half or so of them would be renewed. This isn't simply thousands of domain names. Millions of new .com domains are registered each month. Even the .xyz TLD added about three million domains in a very short period of time as the result of a promotion. The cost of these domain names was 1 cent. Most of these domain names will not be renewed.

Many of the fake news site registrations have whois privacy protection so it is not ordinarily possible to see who has registered the domain name without court order. From a search engine developer point of view, the fake news site problem is trivial to solve. However if one goes about it in the Social Studies/Liberal Arts manner, it is just a huge game of whack-a-mole by people who are more likely to hit their own foot than any moles. Don't expect Google to solve it either.

Regards...jmcc

Just on the Trump/Clinton botwar on Twitter, it is best to read the actual paper.

http://politicalbots.org/wp-content/...S-Election.pdf

Regards...jmcc

DAVID REMNICK in next week's New Yorker, "Obama Reckons With a Trump Presidency : Inside a stunned White House, the President considers his legacy and America's future": "The morning after Donald Trump was elected President of the United States, Barack Obama summoned staff members to the Oval Office. Some were fairly junior and had never been in the room before. They were sombre, hollowed out, some fighting tears, humiliated by the defeat, fearful of autocracy's moving vans pulling up to the door. ...'This is not the apocalypse,' Obama said. ...

"A couple of days later, when I asked the President about that consolation, he offered this: 'I don't believe in apocalyptic-until the apocalypse comes. I think nothing is the end of the world until the end of the world.' ... Obama said that he had accomplished 'seventy or seventy-five per cent' of what he set out to do, and 'maybe fifteen per cent of that gets rolled back, twenty per cent, but there's still a lot of stuff that sticks.' ...

"Obama and [White House political director David] Simas talked almost obsessively [on Nov. 4 on the plane to Charlotte] about an article in BuzzFeed that described how the Macedonian town of Veles had experienced a 'digital gold rush' when a small group of young people there published more than a hundred pro-Trump Web sites, with hundreds of thousands of Facebook followers. ... The new media ecosystem 'means everything is true and nothing is true,' Obama told me later. 'An explanation of climate change from a Nobel Prize-winning physicist looks exactly the same on your Facebook page as the denial of climate change by somebody on the Koch brothers' payroll. And the capacity to disseminate misinformation, wild conspiracy theories, to paint the opposition in wildly negative light without any rebuttal-that has accelerated in ways that much more sharply polarize the electorate and make it very difficult to have a common conversation.'" http://bit.ly/2f6Kait ... The BuzzFeed story Obama read http://bzfd.it/2f6Tt24
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    DAVID REMNICK in next week's New Yorker, "Obama Reckons With a Trump Presidency : Inside a stunned White House, the President considers his legacy and America's future": "The morning after Donald Trump was elected President of the United States, Barack Obama summoned staff members to the Oval Office. Some were fairly junior and had never been in the room before. They were sombre, hollowed out, some fighting tears, humiliated by the defeat, fearful of autocracy's moving vans pulling up to the door. ...'This is not the apocalypse,' Obama said. ...

"A couple of days later, when I asked the President about that consolation, he offered this: 'I don't believe in apocalyptic-until the apocalypse comes. I think nothing is the end of the world until the end of the world.' ... Obama said that he had accomplished 'seventy or seventy-five per cent' of what he set out to do, and 'maybe fifteen per cent of that gets rolled back, twenty per cent, but there's still a lot of stuff that sticks.' ...

"Obama and [White House political director David] Simas talked almost obsessively [on Nov. 4 on the plane to Charlotte] about an article in BuzzFeed that described how the Macedonian town of Veles had experienced a 'digital gold rush' when a small group of young people there published more than a hundred pro-Trump Web sites, with hundreds of thousands of Facebook followers. ... The new media ecosystem 'means everything is true and nothing is true,' Obama told me later. 'An explanation of climate change from a Nobel Prize-winning physicist looks exactly the same on your Facebook page as the denial of climate change by somebody on the Koch brothers' payroll. And the capacity to disseminate misinformation, wild conspiracy theories, to paint the opposition in wildly negative light without any rebuttal-that has accelerated in ways that much more sharply polarize the electorate and make it very difficult to have a common conversation.'" http://bit.ly/2f6Kait ... The BuzzFeed story Obama read http://bzfd.it/2f6Tt24
    What were the Obama staffers looking at ? Obama's last White House speech after Clinton conceded, or Trump arriving at the Whitehouse ?

Maybe too much of a big deal made by Time about a cheeky tweet -

http://time.com/4566547/white-house-...-donald-trump/

— Jean-Paul Sartre

Is this a case of pigeons coming home to roost, Count Bob ?

Non-Americans across the Middle East have been putting up with a barrage of US generated false news for years. Iran was subjected to it in a very obvious failed coup attempt 5 o 6 years ago.

What is of concern to me is not the extent of false news - it was always there in some form or other through history - but the lack of real journalism.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

love that PW didn't make it to that list

..but look what we found down below .. a 'news source' of reference used on this forum

RNY
    ----

100PercentFedUp.com (2,3)
    EnduringVision.com (1)
    PakAlertPress.com
    21stCenturyWire.com (2, 3)
    FPRNradio.com
    PoliticalBlindSpot.com
    70news.wordpress.com (1)
    PoliticalEars.com
    Abcnews.com.co (1)
    GeoEngineeringWatch.org
    Politicalo (1)
    ActivistPost.com (2, 3)
    PoliticusUSA
    Addicting Info (3)
    GovtSlaves.info
    PrisonPlanet.com
    AmericanNews.com (1)
    GulagBound.com
    PrisonPlanet.tv
    AnonNews.co (3)
    HangTheBankers.com
    Associated Media Coverage
    HumansAreFree.com
    ProjectVeritas
    BeforeItsNews.com
    Huzlers (4)
    Being Liberal
    IfYouOnlyNews
    React 365
    BigAmericanNews.com
    Indecision Forever (1)
    RealFarmacy.com
    BigPZone.com
    IJR (Independent Journal Review)
    RealNewsRightNow.com (1, 4)
    Bipartisan Report (3)
    InfoWars (1, 2)
    RedFlagNews.com
    BizPac Review
    Infowars.com
    Red State (3)
    Blue Nation Review (2,3)
    IntelliHub.com
    Reductress (4)
    Breitbart (2, 3)
    Inquisitr.com
    RileNews.com (1, 4)
    Call the Cops (4)
    JonesReport.com
    Satira Tribune
    Cap News (4)
    LewRockwell.com
    Sprotspickle.com (4)
    ChristWire.org (4)
    Liberal America
    The Blaze
    Chronicle.su
    LibertyTalk.fm
    CivicTribune.com (1)
    LibertyUnyielding
    Borowitz Report (4)
    ClickHole.com (4)
    LibertyVideos.org
    The Onion (4)
    CoastToCoastAM.com (2)
    LMR/LibertyMovementRadio.com
    The Other 98% (3)
    CollectiveEvolution (3)
    MediaMass.net (1)
    The Reporterz
    ConsciousLifeNews.com (2)
    MegynKelly.us (1)
    The Stately Harold
    ConservativeOutfitters.com (2)
    MSNBC.com.co (1)
    TheDailySheeple.com
    ConspiracyWire (WideAwakeAmerica.com) (2)
    MSNBC.website (1)
    TheNewsNerd.com
    CountdownToZeroTime.com (2)
    Naha Daily (4)
    TheRunDownLive.com
    CounterPsyOps.com
    National Report
    TheUsPatriot.com
    NationalReport.net (1)
    TruthFrequencyRadio.com
    CreamBMP.com (1)
    NaturalNews.com
    Twitchy.com (3)
    DailyBuzzLive.com
    NC Scooper
    UnconfirmedSources.com
    DailyCurrant.com
    NCT (New Century Times)
    News Examiner
    USA Supreme
    Daily Wire
    News-Hound.com (1)
    US.Blasting.News
    DCClothesLine.com
    NewsBiscuit.com (1)
    US Uncut (3)
    DCGazette.com (1)
    Newslo (1, 4)
    VeteransToday.com
    DerfMagazine.com
    NewsMutiny.com (1, 4)
    *Website Removed*
    (temporarily)
    Disclose.tv
    Newswatch 28
    WakingUpWisconsin.com
    DrudgeReport.com.co (1)
    Newswatch 33
    Winning Democrats
    DuffleBlog.com (4)
    NewsWire-24.com
    WitScience.org
    DuhProgressive.com
    NoDisInfo.com
    World Net Daily
    Embols.com
    Now8News
    World News Daily Report (4)
    Empire Herald
    NowTheEndBegins.com
    WorldTruth.tv
    Empire News (1)
    Occupy Democrats (3)
    ZeroHedge
    EmpireNews.com
    Endingthefed.com

RNY quoting Melissa Zimdars
    In some cases, the bots would post embarrassing photos, make references to the Federal Bureau of Investigation inquiry into Mrs. Clinton’s private email server, or produce false statements, for instance, that Mrs. Clinton was about to go to jail or was already in jail.
    C. Flower quoting RNY quoting Melissa Zimdars:

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    make references to the Federal Bureau of Investigation inquiry into Mrs. Clinton’s private email server. This of course was not fake.
    and the above interchange is an excellent example of how fake news get PRODUCED

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast