Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798
Results 1,456 to 1,463 of 1463

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Default Re: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    The only English I have difficulty with is technical, jargon, slang, and poorly written English.

Every time you want to avoid answering my questions you accuse me of having difficulty understanding English. Primarily, I believe that is a tactic to divert, but it's also possible that you've got problems communicating in English........
    OK fine. You want a direct answer to the sublimely stupid question you posted? Here it is.

No, the WH is definitely not carrying out a pogrom vs. Jews. The nearest thing to a neo-Nazi pogromist in the administration, Bannon, has just been kicked out.

My question to you is, how did you, with your allegedly good grasp of the English language, come to think I even hinted in that direction? Given that nothing in my posting could be interpreted that way by anybody with two functional brain cells?

-AMH-

Quote Originally Posted by A Marxist Historian View Post
    OK fine. You want a direct answer to the sublimely stupid question you posted? Here it is.

No, the WH is definitely not carrying out a pogrom vs. Jews. The nearest thing to a neo-Nazi pogromist in the administration, Bannon, has just been kicked out.

My question to you is, how did you, with your allegedly good grasp of the English language, come to think I even hinted in that direction? Given that nothing in my posting could be interpreted that way by anybody with two functional brain cells?

-AMH-
    Ha, see how easy it was for me to get you to bend to my will?

You started off my making an incorrect statement, i.e only two Jews remaining the inner circle, and suggesting that was somehow not acceptable. Then you tried to ignore my question on the matter. Now, essentially cornered, you've answered my question. Had you fessed up earlier you wouldn't have wasted everyone's time.

It was your inability to address your incorrect and ambiguous statement that there were only 2 Jews remaining in Trump's inner circle that was the issue.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Ha, see how easy it was for me to get you to bend to my will?

You started off my making an incorrect statement, i.e only two Jews remaining the inner circle, and suggesting that was somehow not acceptable. Then you tried to ignore my question on the matter. Now, essentially cornered, you've answered my question. Had you fessed up earlier you wouldn't have wasted everyone's time.

It was your inability to address your incorrect and ambiguous statement that there were only 2 Jews remaining in Trump's inner circle that was the issue.
    If you can't tell the difference between Jared Kushner's role in Trump's inner circle and the others you mention, you really understand Washington far less than you think you do.

And that you measure postings by who "bends to your will" is an interesting statement. Your psychology is curiously similar to that of one Donald Trump-or to your average twelve year old male.

Actually, to anyone more perceptive than you, your idiot question was fully answered already. My last posting, if it was a concession to anything other than my desire for clarity, was a concession to your preteen playground level of comprehension, so much lower than others here.

-AMH-

Quote Originally Posted by A Marxist Historian View Post
    If you can't tell the difference between Jared Kushner's role in Trump's inner circle and the others you mention, you really understand Washington far less than you think you do.

And that you measure postings by who "bends to your will" is an interesting statement. Your psychology is curiously similar to that of one Donald Trump-or to your average twelve year old male.

Actually, to anyone more perceptive than you, your idiot question was fully answered already. My last posting, if it was a concession to anything other than my desire for clarity, was a concession to your preteen playground level of comprehension, so much lower than others here.

-AMH-
    I do understand the difference between Kushner and others.
    You called my question stupid, and declined to answer it. I forced you to answer it. By your own words I caused you to answer a stupid question you apparently didn't want to.
    Had a similar experience and result here with jmcc a while back.
    I don't like being taken for a fool, and I don't suffer fools
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

I do understand the difference between Kushner and others.
    You called my question stupid, and declined to answer it. I forced you to answer it. By your own words I caused you to answer a stupid question you apparently didn't want to.
    Had a similar experience and result here with jmcc a while back.
    I don't like being taken for a fool, and I don't suffer fools
    Then don't act like a fool.

-AMH-

Lets please be civil folks.

As for Trump, the whole thing is like a slow motion car crash... it can only end in tears.
    The United Irishman. Updated 5/2/14

Sean Spicer says he's one of the most popular guys in Ireland. Who knew!.........

An agent who met with Sean Spicer told him that the going rate for speeches by most former White House press secretaries ranged from about $20,000 to $30,000. The agent said Spicer, who went elsewhere, thought he could get much more.

• "He thought he was a much bigger deal than the others," the agent recalled. "His name I.D. is massive — he's obsessed with that. He kept talking about how everyone stops him for selfies — that's one of his go-to lines. It's true, by the way. It happened when I was talking to him."

At least for now, Spicey's getting the last laugh on President Trump, who mocked him in front of other aides, and members of the press corps, with whom he had an unusually venomous relationship.
    It's unclear whether he'll get a TV deal — he says he doesn't need one. But he told me in an interview that he was mobbed during a recent trip to Europe:

• "The U.S. press briefing had become part of their nightly viewing," he said. "It was a prime-time show from Europe to the Middle East. ... I'm one of the most popular guys in Ireland."

Among the possibilities Spicer is weighing:

• Lucrative consultancies (not lobbying) to give advice to individuals and corporations.
    • Paid appearances on TV shows in Ireland and the U.K.
    • Hollywood productions have reached out.
    • There'll be no tell-all, but he's considering a book detailing lessons learned in crisis communications, at the White House and the Republican National Committee, where he was chief strategist.

When I asked Sean what he regretted from his time on the job, he replied: "You should read the book."

Shot me with the Rea-gun and now they want to Trump me

“ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798