Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Default Re: The Trump Presidency

The US's first monarchy ?

3. The Trump Organization isn’t being put into a blind trust. Instead, it will be managed by Trump's three oldest children -- who are also helping oversee the transition.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    But, but... didn't WE help to get the Donald elected???
    On the bright side, does that mean that Donald owes us? Perhaps a nice new server for PW or something might be good.

Regards...jmcc

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    On the bright side, does that mean that Donald owes us? Perhaps a nice new server for PW or something might be good.

Regards...jmcc
    Or he could pay for the (first) annual PW Christmas party in Trump Towers in Doonbeg
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    The US's first monarchy ?
    THE NEW WARRIOR KING

Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Would have more credibiity if he had not handed over his vote to Hilary. The idea that alternative candidates should not stand against the likes of Clinton should surely be dead at this stage, when they can't win even with 'alternative' support ?

Street protests against an election result ? I can't see it helping.

It would be worth putting effort into rebuilding independent Trade Unions I think.
    I see what you're saying but realistically, and I know this sounds very pessimestic, how can unions ever get rebuilt in the US? I get the impression you won't be long in your job if you sign up to a union, and the workplace in the States is a ruthless place and people have far too much to lose to jeopardise their jobs.

Trump Tweets:
    November 6, 2012: “The phoney [sic] electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!”
    November 7, 2012: “More votes equals a loss…revolution!”
    November 7, 2012: "This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!"
    November 7, 2012: "The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy."
    November 15, 2016: "The Electoral College is actually genius in that it brings all states, including the smaller ones, into play."

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    From the link you probably did not read

so people can read it cos the font in the Wikileaks(?) email is small:

Point 5) "Saudi Arabia always has sponsored both Republican and Democratic Party of America and in America current election also provide with full enthusiasm 20% of the cost of Hillary Clinton election even though some events in the country don't have a positive look to support the king of a woman for presidency."

where in the world do YOU get that Hillary Clinton took orders and millions of dollars from Saudi Arabia?

There must be something wrong with your brain to make such interpretations based on the statement above

It says they have always SPONSORED both Republican and Democratic party nominees and that this time around they are putting their money on Hillary.. like a bet! .. you should know how it works.

Hillary doesn't take home that money. The money is used to run the campaign, pay people to go door to door, advertisement fees and to run the entire apparatus.

Street protests against an election result ? I can't see it helping.
    you don't understand the street protests in America over the past week because well, you are NOT American

People are not protesting to reverse ANYTHING

people have accepted the results (>80% last number i saw)

people are protesting because they are in PAIN, they are grieving a major blow to the Institutional Pillars of our Liberal Democracy

Unlike you folks over there enjoying the show, 47% of Americans are shellshocked at the fact that the other 47% are not necessarily Racists but they sure don't think that Racism is a deal-breaker, people are still grieving TODAY, this is a lot more painful than September 11 ever was .. this is our self-inflicted Sept.11 and in this case we do NOT know what the next 4 years will bring.

basically that is why people are out on the streets

they are mourning, it is NOT a political protest, they want the World to know that the other 47% do NOT condone Pussy Grabbing, or discrimination based on race or religion

They are letting the other Liberal Democracies of the world know that we have taken a major hit but we are vigilant!

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post

It says they have always SPONSORED both Republican and Democratic party nominees and that this time around they are putting their money on Hillary.. like a bet! .. you should know how it works.

Hillary doesn't take home that money. The money is used to run the campaign, pay people to go door to door, advertisement fees and to run the entire apparatus.
    SO what would the payout have been if their horse had romped home?
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    SO what would the payout have been if their horse had romped home?
    (gasp! - he reads, and speaks!)

?? give us a little more than that ...

Unlike you folks over there enjoying the show, 47% of Americans are shellshocked at the fact that the other 47% are not necessarily Racists but they sure don't think that Racism is a deal-breaker, people are still grieving TODAY, this is a lot more painful than September 11 ever was .. this is our self-inflicted Sept.11 and in this case we do NOT know what the next 4 years will bring.
    I think that is a disgracefully offensive thing to say but of course you have the right to say offensive things under your constitution.

Meanwhile, you seem to be advocating restrictions and censorship on social media.

Be careful what you wish for, as the old saying goes.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    I think that is a disgracefully offensive thing to say but of course you have the right to say offensive things under your constitution.

Meanwhile, you seem to be advocating restrictions and censorship on social media.

Be careful what you wish for, as the old saying goes.
    Let's make sure we understand each other

you do NOT own my PAIN! and you do not tell me how to feel.

Understood?

If I am telling you I was in NYC on Sept 11 2001 and now i have to go through a Trump presidency .. there is no possible equivalence between the grief I felt then, and what I feel now.

The Country is broken. And this time it is real.

(I dont just seem to be advocating for restrictions on social media ... i am actually working with a friend and drafting a white paper on "Common Sense Social Media Reform".)

Stephen Bannon, who recently took over as Donald Trump’s campaign manager, once gave an interview, while promoting his 2010 film, “Fire From the Heartland: the Awakening of the Conservative Woman,” where he argued that Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, and Ann Coulter pose an existential threat to the left.

“These women cut to the heart of the progressive narrative,” he explained. “That's one of the unintended consequences of the women's liberation movement––that, in fact, the women that would lead this country would be feminine, they would be pro-family, they would have husbands, they would love their children. They wouldn't be a bunch of dykes that came from the 7 Sisters schools."

Here @ The Atlantic Aug25, 2016.

Let's make sure we understand each other

you do NOT own my PAIN! and you do not tell me how to feel.

Understood?

If I am telling you I was in NYC on Sept 11 2001 and now i have to go through a Trump presidency .. there is no possible equivalence between the grief I felt then, and what I feel now.

The Country is broken. And this time it is real.

(I dont just seem to be advocating for restrictions on social media ... i am actually working with a friend and drafting a white paper on "Common Sense Social Media Reform".)

I wonder what grief the people in the countries below have felt?

But I guess New York lives matter more and Trump is a racist

Clinton, along with Samantha Power, the U.S. ambassador to the UN, and Susan Rice, the Obama administration’s national security advisor, has pushed for muscular interventions without thinking — or caring — about the consequences.

And those consequences have been dire.

Afghanistan: Somewhere around 220,000 Afghans have died since the 2001 U.S. invasion, and millions of others are refugees. The U.S. and its allies have suffered close to 2,500 dead and more than 20,000 wounded, and the war is far from over. The cost to the treasury alone runs close to $700 billion, not counting long-term medical bill that could run as high as $2 trillion.

Libya: Some 30,000 people died and another 50,000 were wounded in the intervention and civil war. Hundreds of thousands have been turned into refugees. The cost to Washington was cheap at a cool $1.1 billion, but the war and subsequent instability created a tsunami of weapons and refugees — and the fighting continues. It also produced one of Clinton’s more tasteless remarks. Referring to Gaddafi, she said, “We came, we saw, he died.” The Libyan leader was executed by having a bayonet rammed up his rectum.

Ukraine: The death toll now exceeds 8,000, some 18,000 have been wounded, and several cities in the eastern part of the country have been heavily damaged. The fighting has tapered off, although tensions remain high.

Yemen: Over 6,000 Yemenis have been killed and another 27,000 wounded. According to the UN, most of them are civilians. Ten million Yeminis don’t have enough to eat, and 13 million have no access to clean water. Yemen is highly dependent on imported food, but a U.S.-Saudi blockade has choked off most imports. The war is ongoing.

Iraq: Anywhere from 400,000 to over 1 million people have died from war-related causes since the 2003 invasion. Over 2 million have fled the country and another 2 million are internally displaced. The cost: close to $1 trillion, but it may rise to $4 trillion once all the long-term medical costs are added in. The war grinds on its latest incarnation: a bloody turf war with the Islamic State, which emerged from the Sunni insurgency against the U.S.-installed government.

Syria: Over 250,000 have died in the war, and half the country’s population has been displaced — including four million Syrian refugees abroad. The country’s major cities have been ravaged. The war, like the others, is ongoing.

http://fpif.org/adding-costs-hillary-clintons-wars/
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by Shaadi View Post
    Not too sure that Team Trump is going to be too worried about what the Europeans think and there are plenty of Hawkish Europeans about ( the UK which wouldn't mind a distraction for its public from the Brexit farce + all the Islamophobic right wing politicians that are set to make gains in elections in Europe ).

Team Trump looks way more scary than Trump himself, while he's a fairly rational calculating opportunist his team look to have some full on nuts aboard.

If Trump's Presidency isn't meeting targets then there'll be plenty of psychos in his team to suggest that demonizing and slapping Iran around would create a "support your President in times of war" surge in Trump's popularity.

The Iranian nuke deal is not simply with the US, it's with the P5 +1. The five permanent members of the UN Sec Council + Germany + the EU.

Most of what we've seen from Trump since the election suggests he's more of a pragmatist than his campaigning would suggest. Obama has suggested as much.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast