Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Default Re: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    (keeping my friends at PW abreast of 'what' they helped elect)

- was just having a laugh w real-life friend from NY bout how we are enjoying the fact that only the Trashiest Elites from NYC, the top filthy rich from our town, could convince half the country and 1/3 of the world that they are "For The People" -

RNY

Below is a sneak peak at your 'anti-establishment man in charge, the outsider, the guy that's comin' in to 'fix it'

--

Trump promised to “drain the swamp.” Instead, he’s filling it.

1. Several of his biggest political donors are shaping the incoming administration, including Rebekah Mercer, a daughter of billionaire Robert Mercer. She’s among four major donors appointed by Trump to a 16-person executive committee overseeing his transition. The others are campaign finance chairman Steven Mnuchin, New York financier Anthony Scaramucci and Silicon Valley investor Peter Thiel.

2. Top campaign fundraisers and lobbyists tied to some of the country’s wealthiest industries have been put in charge of hiring and planning for specific federal agencies. They include J. Steven Hart, chairman of the law and lobbying shop Williams & Jensen; Michael McKenna, an energy company lobbyist who is overseeing planning for the Energy Department; and Dallas fundraiser Ray Washburne, was has been tapped to oversee the Commerce Department.

3. The Trump Organization isn’t being put into a blind trust. Instead, it will be managed by Trump's three oldest children -- who are also helping oversee the transition.

Trump is no populist standing up for the average American. Like Vladimir Putin, Trump is an oligarch intent on enriching himself and his fellow oligarchs.

@ Robert Reich FB page
    ---

Ah yes. And this. From your fave alt-news source The Intercept.

If you voted for Trump because Hillary was the clear pro-war candidate and the darling of the neocons, I have sad news for you: you were played, amigos. You see, evidently, even though there are only 17 neocons on earth, they are the only candidates who get jobs telling presidents to keep the country at war perpetually, and that includes the president-elect -- you know, the peace candidate.

DONALD TRUMP NAMED former CIA director and extremist neoconservative James Woolsey his senior adviser on national security issues on Monday. Woolsey, who left the CIA in 1995, went on to become one of Washington’s most outspoken promoters of U.S. war in Iraq and the Middle East.

Woolsey, by contrast, was a key member of the Project for the New American Century — a neoconservative think tank largely founded to encourage a second war with Iraq. Woolsey signed a letter in 1998 calling on Clinton to depose Saddam Hussein and only hours after the 9/11 attacks appeared on CNN and blamed the attacks on Iraq. Woolsey has continued to insist on such a connection despite the complete lack of evidence to support his argument. He also blames Iran.

Weeks before the invasion of Iraq, Woolsey called for broader war in the Middle East, saying “World War IV” was already underway.

Woolsey has also put himself in a position to profit from the wars he has promoted. He has served as vice president of Pentagon contracting giant Booz Allen, and as chairman of Paladin Capital Group, a private equity fund that invests in national security and cybersecurity.
    Keep them coming, that's a good insight into what he's surrounding himself with.

It will be interesting to see if the Trump Presidency is overt ( rather than the covert proxy war supporting tactics of Obama's Whitehouse ) in its use of military power and how the results will differ for those on the receiving end.

It's also really funny ( not ) how the Social-Democrat? tradition has so readily bent the knees to the multi-billionaires in the Banks.

The notion that they're all the same is in for a severe test, which it most likely will pass in an at worst case simple majority way.

(keeping my friends at PW abreast of 'what' they helped elect)

- was just having a laugh w real-life friend from NY bout how we are enjoying the fact that only the Trashiest Elites from NYC, the top filthy rich from our town, could convince half the country and 1/3 of the world that they are "For The People" -

RNY

Below is a sneak peak at your 'anti-establishment man in charge, the outsider, the guy that's comin' in to 'fix it'

--

Trump promised to “drain the swamp.” Instead, he’s filling it.

1. Several of his biggest political donors are shaping the incoming administration, including Rebekah Mercer, a daughter of billionaire Robert Mercer. She’s among four major donors appointed by Trump to a 16-person executive committee overseeing his transition. The others are campaign finance chairman Steven Mnuchin, New York financier Anthony Scaramucci and Silicon Valley investor Peter Thiel.

2. Top campaign fundraisers and lobbyists tied to some of the country’s wealthiest industries have been put in charge of hiring and planning for specific federal agencies. They include J. Steven Hart, chairman of the law and lobbying shop Williams & Jensen; Michael McKenna, an energy company lobbyist who is overseeing planning for the Energy Department; and Dallas fundraiser Ray Washburne, was has been tapped to oversee the Commerce Department.

3. The Trump Organization isn’t being put into a blind trust. Instead, it will be managed by Trump's three oldest children -- who are also helping oversee the transition.

Trump is no populist standing up for the average American. Like Vladimir Putin, Trump is an oligarch intent on enriching himself and his fellow oligarchs.

@ Robert Reich FB page
    ---

Ah yes. And this. From your fave alt-news source The Intercept.

If you voted for Trump because Hillary was the clear pro-war candidate and the darling of the neocons, I have sad news for you: you were played, amigos. You see, evidently, even though there are only 17 neocons on earth, they are the only candidates who get jobs telling presidents to keep the country at war perpetually, and that includes the president-elect -- you know, the peace candidate.

DONALD TRUMP NAMED former CIA director and extremist neoconservative James Woolsey his senior adviser on national security issues on Monday. Woolsey, who left the CIA in 1995, went on to become one of Washington’s most outspoken promoters of U.S. war in Iraq and the Middle East.

Woolsey, by contrast, was a key member of the Project for the New American Century — a neoconservative think tank largely founded to encourage a second war with Iraq. Woolsey signed a letter in 1998 calling on Clinton to depose Saddam Hussein and only hours after the 9/11 attacks appeared on CNN and blamed the attacks on Iraq. Woolsey has continued to insist on such a connection despite the complete lack of evidence to support his argument. He also blames Iran.

Weeks before the invasion of Iraq, Woolsey called for broader war in the Middle East, saying “World War IV” was already underway.

Woolsey has also put himself in a position to profit from the wars he has promoted. He has served as vice president of Pentagon contracting giant Booz Allen, and as chairman of Paladin Capital Group, a private equity fund that invests in national security and cybersecurity.
    Well, let's see. Hillary took orders (and millions of dollars) from Saudi Arabia, whereas Obama let Citibank/Wall Street choose his Cabinet

Is Trump any better, only time will tell.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...-obama-cabinet

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...-prince-claims
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

The biggest worry with Trump is that he'll go after Iran.... and that could cause one hell of a sh1tstorm.

Greetings for Islamorada, (great American name ) capital of the central Florida Keys, 2nd home of actor Gene Hackman, where the hotels advertise as among their amenities " the fastest Wi Fi in the Keys" . You get the picture.......or lack of picture...........On the plus side it was 75F at 7.am and pm, and 80 at 1pm.

Biggest issues so far with Trump are

1: the appointment of Steve Bannon, and the purging of friends of Chris Christie, such as Mike Rogers, a moderate,

2: the possibility announced by Trump that he may seek top security clearance for his 3 adult children, and son-in-law Jared Kushner.

This is already an ethical minefield, and could become a legal one.Trump previously announced that the kids would run his businesses while he was away.

3: Multiple lawsuits piling up against him. Most important seem to be the three against Trump (real estate) University. Two are class action civil, the third is criminal by the NY AG. Trump is seeking delay and will likely get some, but not forever. SCOTUS ruled in the Clinton v. Paula Jones case that the Prez cannot delay until out of office, then Bill lied under oath and got himself impeached.

As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaadi View Post
    The biggest worry with Trump is that he'll go after Iran.... and that could cause one hell of a sh1tstorm.
    Agreed. The betting is that he won't do it, because it would open such a can of worms. The Iranians might come back with their own set of new requirements etc........ To say nothing of getting the Europeans to agree again.........
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Cruz in the running for AG

Donald Trump is considering nominating Texas Senator Ted Cruz to serve as U.S. attorney general.

The news is somewhat unexpected as the two have had a strained, at time vicious, relationship to say the least: after a hostile primary race between Cruz and Trump, where the president-elect nicknamed Cruz “Lyin’ Ted.” Cruz while the Texan senator retaliated by calling Trump a "pathological liar", a "narcissist", "serial philanderer", "utterly amoral" and a "sniveling coward"
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...torney-general

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...torney-general
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    Agreed. The betting is that he won't do it, because it would open such a can of worms. The Iranians might come back with their own set of new requirements etc........ To say nothing of getting the Europeans to agree again.........
    Not too sure that Team Trump is going to be too worried about what the Europeans think and there are plenty of Hawkish Europeans about ( the UK which wouldn't mind a distraction for its public from the Brexit farce + all the Islamophobic right wing politicians that are set to make gains in elections in Europe ).

Team Trump looks way more scary than Trump himself, while he's a fairly rational calculating opportunist his team look to have some full on nuts aboard.

If Trump's Presidency isn't meeting targets then there'll be plenty of psychos in his team to suggest that demonizing and slapping Iran around would create a "support your President in times of war" surge in Trump's popularity.
    Last edited by Shaadi; 16-11-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    Well, let's see. Hillary took orders (and millions of dollars) from Saudi Arabia, whereas Obama let Citibank/Wall Street choose his Cabinet

Is Trump any better, only time will tell.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...-obama-cabinet

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...-prince-claims
    OK let's get focused here cos I am certain I am covered under the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution but I am nearly certain you must follow your Irish Constitutional Law and as I recall you guys have some XXXXX laws on the books

Saying that "Hillary took orders and money from Saudi Arabia" is a falsehood that could probably get you in some hot water over there unless you have proof to show otherwise (beware of the 30,000 emails plus the other 600,000 that belonged to Weiner that were subject of a F3I comprehensive investigation and it was found there was no foul play).
    Last edited by random new yorker; 17-11-2016 at 02:29 AM.

on this one i am not sure i agree with you or with Shaadi upthread .. at this point it is really hard to figure out what he will DO

I hope you are right

most people defo voted for Obama's 3rd term but everything i am getting out of NY in the past couple of days is frightening

Biggest issues so far with Trump are

1: the appointment of Steve Bannon, and the purging of friends of Chris Christie, such as Mike Rogers, a moderate,

2: the possibility announced by Trump that he may seek top security clearance for his 3 adult children, and son-in-law Jared Kushner. This is already an ethical minefield, and could become a legal one.Trump previously announced that the kids would run his businesses while he was away.

The Conflict of Interest (COI) issue is what worries me the most.. basically there is usually not a disagreemnt btw Rs and Ds... people agree that Trump needs to put his personal business in a blind trust and that the grown children can NOT manage it under any circumstances .. but Trump is even trying to circumvent that... doing things his way

the Conflict of Interests Disclosures is the mechanism we use to keep the entire process fair and transparent

In my opinion he will cross the Oligarchy line if he doesn't abide by our COI ..

3: Multiple lawsuits piling up against him. Most important seem to be the three against Trump (real estate) University. Two are class action civil, the third is criminal by the NY AG. Trump is seeking delay and will likely get some, but not forever. SCOTUS ruled in the Clinton v. Paula Jones case that the Prez cannot delay until out of office, then Bill lied under oath and got himself impeached.

yes..i think the R strongmen will be cooking up this goose for diner as soon as they can get into the positions they need

below is what I said 4 days ago on the US presidential election thread

(RNY 12-11-2016 post #2483)

I love this story about Kushner .. Christie will slowly be moved to the curbside

But

Now that they've got Pence I can see the Republicans cookin' up Trump for dinner some time soon

So basically Pence is taking over the asylum

Pence is the Establishment Republican

Ryan just had a pleased look in his face when he announced how shockingly surprised he was at the results (House and Senate) that methinks that Trump will be cooked goose soon ... i'd say in the 1st or second year of his mandate
    what I meant by that is that once Trump has to go to Court the R's will set him up and impeach him as they did to Bill Clinton ... the mastermind of that plan was Gingrich (as I recall)

OK let's get focused here cos I am certain I am covered under the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution but I am nearly certain you must follow your Irish Constitutional Law and as I recall you guys have some Libel laws on the books

Saying that "Hillary took orders and money from Saudi Arabia" is a falsehood that could probably get you in some hot water over there unless you have proof to show otherwise (beware of the 30,000 emails plus the other 600,000 that belonged to Weiner that were subject of a F3I comprehensive investigation and it was found there was no foul play).

From the link you probably did not read

Wonder if he'll be looking for a refund now that HRC is not president? So much for that external influence on US elections. PW doesn't really have that kind of influence.

Regards...jmcc

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    PW doesn't really have that kind of influence.
    But, but... didn't WE help to get the Donald elected???
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraxinus View Post
    While the wealthy HRC supporters above make their plans behind closed doors Bernie Sanders is calling for mass mobilisation of ordinary people against Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...try-vigorously
    Would have more credibiity if he had not handed over his vote to Hilary. The idea that alternative candidates should not stand against the likes of Clinton should surely be dead at this stage, when they can't win even with 'alternative' support ?

Street protests against an election result ? I can't see it helping.

It would be worth putting effort into rebuilding independent Trade Unions I think.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Please Note

I would like to remind posters here that accusing each other of carrying out libel and slander (criminal offences) or any form of illegal activity is itself potentially libellous posting (i.e. accuses other posters of being criminal) and is not allowed on this site.

If any poster is concerned about what they consider to be a potential libel, they are obliged to report it without delay using the report button. If considered libellous by the moderators it will be removed.
    Last edited by C. Flower; 16-11-2016 at 07:04 PM.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast