Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146
Results 2,176 to 2,181 of 2181

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Default Re: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    ...starting to admire the way Melania sends her messages through her passerelle art - without uttering a word...
    I assume you are referring to the triby & tie? Didn't work for me. Call me an old bull if you must, but she looks so much better in a dress, and in anything at all, or nothing at all, compared with her supposed fashionista step daughter. No mid life crisis here.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    I assume you are referring to the triby & tie? Didn't work for me. Call me an old bull if you must, but she looks so much better in a dress, and in anything at all, or nothing at all, compared with her supposed fashionista step daughter. No mid life crisis here.
    no.. i was thinking of the in-your-face colonial era outfit complete with hat and everything (the only thing she was missing was the gun) ..

adding to the first case of "cluelessness", the green "I don't care, do u" outfit she wore when she visited the children in cages in Texas I can't accept this as just another idiotic idea ... this woman I can assure you is not stupid at all...

In a way she is similar to T, she knows what buttons to press to get the media fired up..

With the first instance of the green-jacket people got so outraged talking about it that T ended up stoping separating little ones from the moms (it is still quite bad for the children as many were not reunited with the parents)

Now she drops this fashionista bomb.. let's see the talk of the town in the next couple of days...T is not interested in Africa at all as far as we know, so this one is a bit more difficult to understand ....

goes without saying i am speculating here ... i find her behavior weird but not random at all.

Trump has accepted haley's resignation as un ambassador
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Not to worry, the Donie's got some chicks lined up for the job already, daughter iwanka ("best qualified") or the goldman babe dina habib... tis gonna be alrite.
    Last edited by TotalMayhem; 12-10-2018 at 07:46 AM.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Everything around Trump swaps and changes.
    Happiness is an inside job.

U.S. tariffs on around $200 billion in Chinese imports are set to jump to 25% on Jan. 1, up from the 10% implemented last month.

• That works out to around $30 billion in new taxes to be paid by U.S. importers, many of whom will pass at least some of the costs on to U.S. consumers.

Be smart: Economics differ on the degree to which increased tariffs will affect things like GDP, corporate earnings, and inflation, but few of the predictions are broadly cataclysmic.
    The bigger wildcard is how China will respond. Trump, buoyed by his self-described trade successes with Canada and Mexico, is unlikely to back down before January.

• If Republicans continue to run Congress, Trump will maintain free reign on trade, even if it violates traditional GOP orthodoxy.
    • If Democrats gain power, trade may be one area where they largely agree with the White House.

China cannot simply apply 25% tariffs to an equal amount of U.S. imports, because they don't total $200 billion. Other possible options (and, no, this is not an exhaustive list):

• Devalue the yuan, thus turning them into the currency manipulator Trump already says they are.
    • Severely restrict Chinese tourism to the U.S., which generated $33 billion in 2016.
    • Sell down its trillion dollar-plus stockpile of U.S. Treasury bills, or stop buying new ones. Either one could possibly increase U.S. government borrowing costs.
    • Make it much more difficult for U.S. businesses to operate in China, well beyond current concerns about IP theft and requirements that U.S. tech companies form joint ventures with local partners.

The bottom line: Trump has made America’s policy known. China’s response will determine if this becomes a full-blown trade war. — Dan Primack

As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146