Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1593

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Default Re: The Trump Presidency

RUSSIA UPDATE -- NYT A1, "A London Meeting of an Unlikely Group: How a Trump Adviser Came to Learn of Clinton 'Dirt,'" by Sharon LaFraniere, David D. Kirkpatrick, Andrew Higgins and Michael Schwirtz: "At midday on March 24, 2016, an improbable group gathered in a London cafe to discuss setting up a meeting between Donald J. Trump, then a candidate, and President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia. There was George Papadopoulos, a 28-year-old from Chicago with an inflated résumé who just days earlier had been publicly named as a foreign policy adviser to Mr. Trump's campaign. There was Joseph Mifsud, a Maltese academic in his mid-50s with a faltering career who boasted of having high-level contacts in the Russian government. And, perhaps most mysteriously, there was Olga Polonskaya, a 30-year-old Russian from St. Petersburg and the former manager of a wine distribution company. ...

"The interactions between the three players and a fourth man with contacts inside Russia's Foreign Ministry have become a central part of the inquiry by the special prosecutor, Robert S. Mueller III, into the Kremlin's efforts to interfere with the presidential election. Recently released court documents suggest that the F.B.I. suspected that some of the people who showed interest in Mr. Papadopoulos were participants in a Russian intelligence operation. The March 2016 meeting was followed by a breakfast the next month at a London hotel during which Mr. Mifsud revealed to Mr. Papadopoulos that the Russians had 'dirt' on Hillary Clinton in the form of 'thousands of emails.'" http://nyti.ms/2hjJBFR

-- "Investigators probe Trump knowledge of campaign's Russia dealings: sources," by Reuters' Mark Hosenball and John Walcott: "Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has questioned Sam Clovis, co-chairman of President Donald Trump's election campaign, to determine if Trump or top aides knew of the extent of the campaign team's contacts with Russia, two sources familiar with the investigation said on Friday. The focus of the questions put to Clovis by Mueller's team has not been previously reported." http://reut.rs/2zBxMDm

-- "Data Firm's WikiLeaks Outreach Came as It Joined Trump Campaign," by WSJ's Rebecca Ballhaus and Julie Bykowicz: "The chief executive of Cambridge Analytica contacted the founder of WikiLeaks to ask him to share Hillary Clinton-related emails at the same time that people familiar with the matter say the British data-analytics firm had begun working for President Donald Trump's campaign." http://on.wsj.com/2iNyLbi
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

In a remarkable gaggle with reporters aboard Air Force One over Vietnam that's a guided tour of his mind and presidency, President Trump recounted a conversation about election meddling that he had with Russia President Vladimir Putin at an international summit today (via pooler Ashley Parker of WashPost):

• "Every time he sees me he says I didn't do that and I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it. But he says I didn't do that. I think he is very insulted by it, if you want to know the truth. Don't forget. All he said was he never did that, he didn't do that. I think he is very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country."

• "I can't stand there and argue with him, I would rather have him get out of Syria, to be honest with you. I would rather have, I would rather him— get to work with him on the Ukraine rather than standing and arguing about whether or not— because that whole thing was set up by the Democrats. I mean, they ought to Look at Podesta, they ought to look at all the things that they have done with the phony dossier. Those are the big events."

• "If we had a relationship with Russia, that would be a good thing. In fact it would be a great thing, not a bad thing, because he could really help us on North Korea. We have a big problem with North Korea and China is helping us. And because of the lack of the relationship that we have with Russia, because of this artificial thing that's happening with this Democratic-inspired thing."

• "We could really be helped a lot, tremendously, with Russia having to do with North Korea. You know you are talking about millions and millions of lives. This isn't baby stuff, this is the real deal. And if Russia helped us in addition to China, that problem would go away a lot faster."

• "[T]his is really an artificial barrier that's put in front of us for solving problems with Russia. He says that very strongly, he really seems to be insulted by it and he says he didn't do it. He is very, very strong in the fact that he didn't do it. You have President Putin very strongly, vehemently says he has nothing to do with that."

Be smart: The comments put Trump in the position of siding with Putin over U.S. intelligence agencies — including the CIA, NSA, FBI and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence — which are unified in their opinion that Russia actively worked to meddle in the election.

P.S. "Russia Warns of Crackdown on U.S. Media, Including CNN," per N.Y. Times' Michael Grynbaum: "[T]he authorities in Moscow warned on Friday of a coming crackdown on American media outlets that operate in Russia, including CNN. The move was ... retaliation for an apparent American censure of RT."

• And don't miss this holy-cow graf, buried by the N.Y. Times: "The day before he learned about the hacked emails, [George] Papadopoulos emailed [Stephen] Miller, then a senior policy adviser to the campaign, saying Mr. Trump had an 'open invitation' from Mr. Putin to visit Russia. The day after, he wrote Mr. Miller that he had 'some interesting messages coming in from Moscow about a trip when the time is right.'"
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

ON THE GROUND IN ALABAMA -- "Moore backers stand by their man," by Daniel Strauss in Birmingham: Roy "Moore denied the allegations before an audience of about 100 at the Mid-Alabama Republican Club in Vestavia Hills, drawing applause while casting the accounts as part of a conspiracy between the media, Democrats and the Republican establishment. With the report still just days old, it is still unclear if unwavering loyalty from some supporters will be enough to bring Moore a victory on Dec. 12, even in deeply Republican Alabama.

"But in the meantime, the response has shielded Moore against the demands of top Washington Republicans that he exit the race, and his base is prepared to fight on. 'There was kind of a shock of 'oh my goodness, these accusations.' And then the second reaction is, 'Why now?' said Ed Henry, a Republican state representative. 'It just stinks to high heaven. ... It's intended to demoralize and cause Republicans not to vote in December.'"

"Paul Reynolds, a Republican National Committee member from Alabama who attended the Moore event, said he has seen Republicans dividing into two categories since the Moore story broke. 'There are going to be those who want to wait and see,' Reynolds said. 'There will be others that are going to double down and try harder.'" http://politi.co/2zEWfaS

-- "Roy Moore Didn't Deny Kissing Teenagers as 30-Year-Old in Call With Lawmaker," by Washingtonian's Elaina Plott: "He couldn't deny relations with underage women in a phone call with a U.S. senator [on Friday]. According to three sources briefed on the call, Moore could not deny 'kissing' or 'dating' teenagers while in his thirties. The Republican senator encouraged Moore to drop out of the race, the sources said. A spokesman for Moore declined to comment on an account of the phone call." http://bit.ly/2zz443L
    -- Alexander Marquardt (@MarquardtA): "Fmr Dep. DA Theresa Jones, who worked alongside Roy Moore, tells CNN: 'It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird...We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall...'"

THE CIVIL WAR CONTINUES -- MCCONNELL ON BANNON, via NYT's Sheryl Stolberg: "Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump's former chief strategist, is vowing to depose him, telling The New York Times that 'I have an objective that Mitch McConnell will not be majority leader, and I believe will be done before this time next year.' Mr. McConnell, he added, 'has to go.'

"To that, Mr. McConnell laughed. 'You can write that down,' he said in an interview on Friday. 'I laughed. Ha-ha. That's a perfect response.' ... 'Mitch will be very calm, he'll be very strategic, he'll be very surgical and he will eventually eviscerate Mr. Bannon, and Bannon won't even know what happened to him,' said Bill Stone, a former chairman of the Republican Party in Louisville who is close to Mr. McConnell. 'Bannon is dealing with a man of intellect and a man of experience and a man of patience and resolve like he's never met in his life.'" http://nyti.ms/2zuY64i

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    While Roy Moore's name cannot be taken off the ballot, it may be possible for his defeated R rival Luther Strange to mount a "write-in" campaign. If that happens it would likely split the R vote, and hand the race to the Democrat who is currently trailing Moore by 11 points. Election is Dec 12.............
    Well, I can't say this Moore thing is boring. Quite entertaining in fact, taking the political tos and fros of this year to their logical extreme. If, and it seems pretty certain, he did mess around with teenage girls, the latest accusation bordering on outright rape, that is the least unpleasant feature of this truly vile politician, even more of a Klansman in a suit than Sessions. His suit is a cowboy suit, six shooter in hand.

And while the mainstream Republicans are trying to disassociate themselves from the latest Frankenstein monster they have unleashed on America, who is even a bit much for Trump and Sessions, they are trying to go after the Clinton foundation for ... uranium deals with Russia? Perhaps the only thing the Clinton Foundation ever did that Bill and Hillary should not go to jail for.

The political consensus seems to be that Moore will be elected anyway. This should not be surprising, as it is Alabama we are talking about. Alabama and Mississippi were the heart of the slaveocracy, lynching territory in the nineteenth and twentieth century, and where civil rights organizers were murdered with near impunity in the '60s. The only reason the civil rights movement was not crushed in blood was because there was no gun control back then and the black community was armed to the teeth-including King himself of course.

In the backwoods of Alabama, Moore's base, few of the good ol' boys would really blink an eye at Moore's doings, and the women are usually too intimidated to protest. I am reminded of the old joke about the Clinton home state of Arkansas, right next door, that the only virgins in Arkansas were thirteen year old girls who could run faster than their old pappies.

-AMH-

Quote Originally Posted by A Marxist Historian View Post
    Well, I can't say this Moore thing is boring. Quite entertaining in fact, taking the political tos and fros of this year to their logical extreme. If, and it seems pretty certain, he did mess around with teenage girls, the latest accusation bordering on outright rape, that is the least unpleasant feature of this truly vile politician, even more of a Klansman in a suit than Sessions. His suit is a cowboy suit, six shooter in hand.
    problem is that trump opened the door to this... in the past the GOP establishment was able to get these embarrassing situations under of control, they would come out en masse and decry one or another candidate and boom they were gone... but all that was before Trump!

'Times-a-changin' ... or in this case, 'have changed'

they will not be able to get rig of this aberration of a human being bc the problem in the US is the people, not the candidate, the problem really is not Trump but the people that supported and voted for him ... (plus the others all over the world that cheered on) ... like you DCon obviously.

I can say that I have a LOT more respect for people on the other side of the isle simply because I am better able to see the similarities with many republicans that are disgusted by the man (the trumps and his acolytes) .. but as it stands we all have to survive these days..

And while the mainstream Republicans are trying to disassociate themselves from the latest Frankenstein monster they have unleashed on America, who is even a bit much for Trump and Sessions, they are trying to go after the Clinton foundation for ... uranium deals with Russia? Perhaps the only thing the Clinton Foundation ever did that Bill and Hillary should not go to jail for.
    why do you keep bringing up the Clintons ?

do you want to name these 'crimes' Bill and Hillary should go to jail for?

or is this just another one of those to keep the Clintons at the tip of the tongue of hatred ... reminds me of that piece of garbage still living in the Ecuadorian embassy .. the man who shall not be named that enabled the adults daycare we have currently running the white house.

The political consensus seems to be that Moore will be elected anyway. This should not be surprising, as it is Alabama we are talking about. Alabama and Mississippi were the heart of the slaveocracy, lynching territory in the nineteenth and twentieth century, and where civil rights organizers were murdered with near impunity in the '60s. The only reason the civil rights movement was not crushed in blood was because there was no gun control back then and the black community was armed to the teeth-including King himself of course.

In the backwoods of Alabama, Moore's base, few of the good ol' boys would really blink an eye at Moore's doings, and the women are usually too intimidated to protest. I am reminded of the old joke about the Clinton home state of Arkansas, right next door, that the only virgins in Arkansas were thirteen year old girls who could run faster than their old pappies.

-AMH-
    Alabama is not right next door to Arkansas although the rest might as well be true.. (how d'ya know that?)

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post

why do you keep bringing up the Clintons ?

do you want to name these 'crimes' Bill and Hillary should go to jail for?
    It's what the Clinton Foundation did to Haiti that I am talking about. The Clintons did their best to make sure that every dime donated to them for Haitian relief after the grand disaster went to enrich the Clinton's friends and business partners and further US exploitation of Haiti, instead of helping anyone. Resulting probably in thousands of deaths. This all came out during election year, was widely publicized, and posted about here. The Republicans tried to raise the issue then, hoping to pick up a few black votes, but dropped it like a hot potato after they didn't get any.

Why do I bring this up now? Because the Republicans are now talking about naming a special prosecutor to investigate the trivial and probably quite harmless Clinton Russian uranium deal. The Russians have plenty of uranium of their own, even the most fanatic Russia hater is silly to worry about it. Regrettably, there is zero chance the Russians would give any to North Korea.

or is this just another one of those to keep the Clintons at the tip of the tongue of hatred ... reminds me of that piece of garbage still living in the Ecuadorian embassy .. the man who shall not be named that enabled the adults daycare we have currently running the white house.
    Julian Assange. IMHO, a true hero, with more worth in his little finger than the entire liberal wing of the Democratic Party put together. The phony rape frameup has been formally dropped now by the Swedish government, as there never was any evidence for it, it was just your classic CIA "honey trap." So poorly executed, the CIA having gone downhill these days, that the Swedes had to abandon it. So now the truth has come out, with the CIA and Trump both pushing to have him extradited for trial for liberating US government secrets, or more likely packed off to a CIA black site for torture.

Alabama is not right next door to Arkansas although the rest might as well be true.. (how d'ya know that?)
    to a Californian like me, all those flyovers seem right next door to each other when I look out the airplane window on my way to the other coast. Hey, it's a joke. Jokes tend to be a bit overstated. How do I know this stuff? Because this is Alabama, the second worst state in the USA. Then of course there is Mississippi, a state there's a song about.

-AMH

to a Californian like me, all those flyovers seem right next door to each other when I look out the airplane window on my way to the other coast. Hey, it's a joke. Jokes tend to be a bit overstated. How do I know this stuff? Because this is Alabama, the second worst state in the USA. Then of course there is Mississippi, a state there's a song about.

-AMH
    this woman was a genius - luv her !!

(Alabama is in fact the worse and looks like a dump for the most part i saw, ole miss - can't disagree w that; mississippi however is a pretty state)

rest of the politics will address later..you really think Assange is a true hero (rolling eyes in disgust)

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post

Lots of luck with that. If the Democrats manage to get a majority in the House in the Fall, perhaps an impeachment resolution could be passed there, like the Clinton impeachment in the '90s (indeed, the whole Russia scam is a reverse mirror image of the Clinton/Lewinsky affair, right down to the smallest details). You'd have toverturn Nancy Pelosi and the whole House Democratic leadership first, as they are smart enough to want no part of it.

But there is no earthly way that the Senate could get up the 2/3rd majority for impeachment, for two reasons. Firstly, something over a third of the American public are still pro-Trump despite everything, and for impeachment to be politically possible, you'd have to get his popularity down to single digits in the polls.

And even more importantly, as that would be the end of the Republican Party. The Trumpistas would all leave, and the Republicans would go the way of the Whigs. Believe me, very few practical politicians in Washington would want to end their career over something as relatively trivial in his/her eyes as what would be best for America.

-AMH

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post

yes i am very aware of that document... we have been discussing for a while... Steve's one of the good guys.. i suppose at this point we want to squeeze T's [email protected] so tight...

It's what the Clinton Foundation did to Haiti that I am talking about. The Clintons did their best to make sure that every dime donated to them for Haitian relief after the grand disaster went to enrich the Clinton's friends and business partners and further US exploitation of Haiti, instead of helping anyone. Resulting probably in thousands of deaths. This all came out during election year, was widely publicized, and posted about here. The Republicans tried to raise the issue then, hoping to pick up a few black votes, but dropped it like a hot potato after they didn't get any.
    my problem with this type of argument is that it shows people have no understanding about the inner workings of a Foundation... this is dealings by the Clinton Foundation and as far as I know they can account for 90% of their budget being spent on programs that makes everyone proud..they have programs active in all continents I think, so you want to go ahead and explain what was the problem with the program in Haiti??

Julian Assange. IMHO, a true hero, with more worth in his little finger than the entire liberal wing of the Democratic Party put together.
    He was feeding directives to Don Trump Jr in the lead up to Trumps election and I doubt if sooner or later the Brits dont throw him under the bus...

After all Theresa May was out today saying that the Ruskies were also behind the Brexit vote and I would not be surprised that slice of 'news' travelled through his computers at the Ecuadorian Embassy..

He is a psychopath and on accounts of Assange I changed my mind re Guantanamo ... We have to keep it open so I can see him thrown in there.

Looks like the only hope for the R's in the Roy Moore fiasco is if the current appointed senator Luther Strange (beaten by Moore in the primary), were to resign his seat and allow the Alabama Governor to appoint a new senator, and then be able to change the election date to 2018.

Jeff Sessions as AG would be prohibited from running for that office, (his old seat), but if Trump campaigned for him as a write in, and was successful, Trump could get himself a new AG who had not recused himself from the Russia/Mueller investigation, and might be able to shut it down.

Trump doesn't want to criticize Moore for fear of raising questions about his own accusers. Bannon is reluctant to help his friend Trump by asking Moore to drop out. The Republican Governor of Alabama is staying mum because she's up for reelection in 2018 and doesn't want to T off Moore's base.

It's emerged that in the 1980's Moore was on a sort of "no fly list" at a local mall, because of his penchant for hitting on teenage employees, who were instructed to call security if he came near them.

Local new media reporters are apparently telling national reporters that their email and voice mails are filling up with more accusations against Moore.

Last night the Alabama State Republican Committee met to discuss the matter and came out in support of Moore without even having a vote on the matter.

The question now being framed for Moore supporters is: When your choice is between a Democrat and an accused paedophile, you're with the paedo.....????

my problem with this type of argument is that it shows people have no understanding about the inner workings of a Foundation... this is dealings by the Clinton Foundation and as far as I know they can account for 90% of their budget being spent on programs that makes everyone proud..they have programs active in all continents I think, so you want to go ahead and explain what was the problem with the program in Haiti??
    "What was the problem" is the understatement of the year. Here is a full report from an unimpeachable source, which I posted here a year ago you are forgetful, of the atrocities committed by the Clintons on the people of Haiti in the aftermath of the grand disaster. And it doesn't even get into the role of the Clintons and Obama in preventing the people of Haiti from electing the President they want and imposing neo-Duvalierist butchers on them.

Which atrocities are, so far at least, worse than anything Trump has done, and should certainly merit the dynamic duo a long prison stay. As this report puts it "plenty of people died in tent cities that would not have died" were it not for the Clinton Foundation's sucking up foreign donations on behalf of the people of Haiti by American financial oligarchs the Clinton were doing the dirty work for. And that's not even mentioning the killings of dissidents by Clinton/Bush/Obama-imposed occupation forces, etc.

http://resumen-english.org/2016/11/w...-did-to-haiti/

He was feeding directives to Don Trump Jr in the lead up to Trumps election and I doubt if sooner or later the Brits dont throw him under the bus...

After all Theresa May was out today saying that the Ruskies were also behind the Brexit vote and I would not be surprised that slice of 'news' travelled through his computers at the Ecuadorian Embassy..

He is a psychopath and on accounts of Assange I changed my mind re Guantanamo ... We have to keep it open so I can see him thrown in there.[/QUOTE]

I must say the ideal of tossing the Clintons into Guantanamo and returning the place to Cuba is tempting, but I'm afraid Raul Castro lacks the spine to treat them as they deserve. And what's more, in the words of Richard Nixon, "it would be wrong."

Fantasies about how nice a Guantanamo might be for one's political opponents are a bad idea. The Soviets under Lenin had justification for such treatment for their political opponents, given that they were engaged in insurrection, terrorism and pogroms against Jews. But it got out of hand and was misused under Stalin, so RNY, you should purge your mind of liberal-Stalinist fantasies about what to do with alleged "enemy of the people" Assange.

-AMH

"What was the problem" is the understatement of the year. Here is a full report from an unimpeachable source, which I posted here a year ago you are forgetful, of the atrocities committed by the Clintons on the people of Haiti in the aftermath of the grand disaster. And it doesn't even get into the role of the Clintons and Obama in preventing the people of Haiti from electing the President they want and imposing neo-Duvalierist butchers on them.

Which atrocities are, so far at least, worse than anything Trump has done, and should certainly merit the dynamic duo a long prison stay. As this report puts it "plenty of people died in tent cities that would not have died" were it not for the Clinton Foundation's sucking up foreign donations on behalf of the people of Haiti by American financial oligarchs the Clinton were doing the dirty work for. And that's not even mentioning the killings of dissidents by Clinton/Bush/Obama-imposed occupation forces, etc.

http://resumen-english.org/2016/11/w...-did-to-haiti/
    clearly you've never met me in person cos I believe if that were to be the case you would have a little more respect for my intelligence.

This is an extract from the piece you posted which in my view sounds like it was written by a 15 year old:

“If anything, they appear worse off,” says Foreign Policy of Haiti’s farmers. “I really cannot understand how you could raise so much money, put a former U.S. president in charge, and get this outcome,” said one Haitian official. Indeed, the money donated and invested was extraordinary. But nobody seems to know where it has gone.

Haitians direct much of the blame toward the Clintons. As a former Haitian government official who worked on the recovery said, “[t]here is a lot of resentment about Clinton here. People have not seen results. . .. They say that Clinton used Haiti.” Haitians “increasingly complain that Clinton-backed projects have often helped the country’s elite and international business investors more than they have helped poor ‘Haitians.” There is a “suspicion that their motives are more to make a profit in Haiti than to help it.” And that while “striking a populist pose, in practice they were attracted to power in Haiti.”

(Let's say I would expect a little more substance from my 15 year old).

He is a psychopath and on accounts of Assange I changed my mind re Guantanamo ... We have to keep it open so I can see him thrown in there.
    I must say the ideal of tossing the Clintons into Guantanamo and returning the place to Cuba is tempting, but I'm afraid Raul Castro lacks the spine to treat them as they deserve. And what's more, in the words of Richard Nixon, "it would be wrong."

Fantasies about how nice a Guantanamo might be for one's political opponents are a bad idea.
    Assange is not a political opponent, he is a f*cking punk!!. The enemy of all people(s) that believe in a Liberal Democracy type of governance. In Guantanamo is where I would be happy to see his orange overalled ass !!

The Soviets under Lenin had justification for such treatment for their political opponents, given that they were engaged in insurrection, terrorism and pogroms against Jews. But it got out of hand and was misused under Stalin, so RNY, you should purge your mind of liberal-Stalinist fantasies about what to do with alleged "enemy of the people" Assange.

-AMH
    dont bring the jews into this!

Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 LastLast