Thread: Damning Daily Telegraph expose of corruption in soccer

Default Damning Daily Telegraph expose of corruption in soccer

"If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Default Re: Damning Daily Telegraph expose of corruption in soccer

What is the political element of this? Come to think of it, what is the point of football anyway?

Default Re: Damning Daily Telegraph expose of corruption in soccer

Quote Originally Posted by barrym View Post
    What is the political element of this? Come to think of it, what is the point of football anyway?
    I have no more time for the odious professional game than you. Have had many night out ruined by the soccer hordes, with their gaudy jerseys, wide screen tvs always played at top volume, and their unapologetic, in-your-face philistinism. In fact the next time I see my soccer-mad drinking friends, I'm going to take great pleasure in reminding them their sport is riddled with corruption.

Marx's (in)famous diction about religion being the opium of the masses should perhaps be updated, replacing 'religion' with 'sport'.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.