Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having A Heart Attack in Waterford / South East Ireland - The Herrity Report and its Implications

Default Re: Having A Heart Attack in Waterford / South East Ireland - The Herrity Report and its Implications

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    I do not think he will back down on this.
    I am sure he wont back down. The WP lost a good man when he left in a row over the bin tax (if I remember right). He stayed with the Worker's Party when the DeRossa gang were trying to wreck it. If he had been looking after his own career he would have gone with the "Democratic Left" fkrs.

Quote Originally Posted by DCon
    Why did Halligan not get a promise in writing

Surely he isnot stupid enough to take the word of a FG politician
    Trouble is, people tend to judge other people by their own standards, if they are crooked they presume those whom they are dealing with are crooked. If an honest, straight up person is looked in the eye and promised that something will be done, they tend to believe it.
    Despite them having all the experience in the world, it is easier to con an honest person than a crooked person.

Default Re: Having A Heart Attack in Waterford / South East Ireland - The Herrity Report and its Implications

Quote Originally Posted by eamo View Post
    I am sure he wont back down. The WP lost a good man when he left in a row over the bin tax (if I remember right). He stayed with the Worker's Party when the DeRossa gang were trying to wreck it. If he had been looking after his own career he would have gone with the "Democratic Left" fkrs.

Trouble is, people tend to judge other people by their own standards, if they are crooked they presume those whom they are dealing with are crooked. If an honest, straight up person is looked in the eye and promised that something will be done, they tend to believe it.
    Despite them having all the experience in the world, it is easier to con an honest person than a crooked person.
    Giving the SE a kick is a regular pastime of Governments early in their terms. Not only did they not give Halligan what he asked for, they are going to take away the service that already exists.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

he shouldnt in fairness.... Fg rode him over the independant report so he should tell them to shove it or have an election....

Quote Originally Posted by dedogs View Post
    he shouldnt in fairness.... Fg rode him over the independant report so he should tell them to shove it or have an election....
    You are right. But I don't think his leaving government would spark an election, not unless he was joined by other members of the Independent Alliance.

You are right. But I don't think his leaving government would spark an election, not unless he was joined by other members of the Independent Alliance.
    i know what youre sayin mate but someone has to jump first mebbe if halligan does the rest will grow balls.....

Quote Originally Posted by dedogs View Post
    i know what youre sayin mate but someone has to jump first mebbe if halligan does the rest will grow balls.....
    Halligan position is like a man who sticks his head inside a lion's mouth and then complains he has a head-ache.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Halligan position is like a man who sticks his head inside a lion's mouth and then complains he has a head-ache.
    in fairness to him at least he has principals not like the party ***** thats only in it for themselves.....

The Herrity report reminds me of a campaign I was in some time ago. Dublin Bus wanted to close a route. They did a report showing that the numbers who used it meant it was unviable so no point in keeping it and expanding the service as we wanted. The service was limited and unreliable so obviously those using it had no options ie no cars and were not that mobile like OAPs. We suspected the service was deliberately unreliable to keep numbers down to make the point the route was not needed. Herrity based his report on the 5 day 9-5 service available and the numbers using it. A daft methodology!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    The Herrity report reminds me of a campaign I was in some time ago. Dublin Bus wanted to close a route. They did a report showing that the numbers who used it meant it was unviable so no point in keeping it and expanding the service as we wanted. The service was limited and unreliable so obviously those using it had no options ie no cars and were not that mobile like OAPs. We suspected the service was deliberately unreliable to keep numbers down to make the point the route was not needed. Herrity based his report on the 5 day 9-5 service available and the numbers using it. A daft methodology!
    like....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    This is the basis on which every report in Ireland is structured, be it the privatisation of large parts of Bus Eireann, now Dublin Bus, or HIQA's obsession with closing under-funded hospital wards and eventually hospitals.

Irish public policy is rip people off as much as we can and give them nothing in return until election time.

There will be a protest march in Waterford today, organised by a regional campaign, against the Government decision. John Halligan is of course taking part.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    There will be a protest march in Waterford today, organised by a regional campaign, against the Government decision. John Halligan is of course taking part.
    great respect for that man....

The journey from Waterford City to Cork takes about an hour and three quarters. For someone dying of a heart attack, needing urgent surgery, its an eternity.

Journeys from Wexford to Dublin are longer. Is the answer heavy investment in helicopter srvices ? We seem to be having difficulties running a basic ambulance service.

About 2000 people marched in the rain yesterday in Waterford. Not enough to shake the complacency in Dublin.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

All this week Joe Duffy has been covering the death of a man on the way from Waterford to Cork with heart failure.

Situation is a disgrace.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

A good discussion today clarified the obvious flaws in Herrity.

Population - looked at pre-existing population already attending the Cath Lab. This obviously does not consider the numbers who used to go to Dublin or Cork, not going to happen under the new system. Pop. underestimated - closer to 500,000 than 250,000.

Journey time - a minority of the regions population is within 90 minutes drive after which stenting is not much use.

- And of course Herrity ignores that for some people there is at least a half hour journey to Waterford Hospital before they START their journey to Cork.

Why do SE people allow themselves to be kicked around like that ?
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast