Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jobsireland stopped working Leo's first big DSP launch in tatters -Jobseekers Data maybe compromised!

Default Jobsireland stopped working Leo's first big DSP launch in tatters -Jobseekers Data maybe compromised!

As someone who has been looking for any work in any capacity, a primary portal is jobsireland.ie

This is a public service website.

Writing to jobsireland onJuly 18th, to state there had been no updates since the 12th (not in Cork anyway) I was told that JobsIreland website was changing from Monday 18th July. The new site is currently under construction. We hope to have it operational at four all going well.
    That was 4PM the 18th - 6 days after service stopped.

Now it has - according to a holding page - planned for Thursday 28th

Only an 1890 or Dublin number are available for contact, which cost money.

A whois lookup shows it is owned by SOLAS (which I understand is the successor to FAS)

I wonder what the board of directors make per annum?? In relation as to how much would it cost to have a standard web development, who build and test a new site before pulling the old one offline?

There are dozens of recruitment agencies who can provide a job advertisement service without 12 board members and a CEO

http://www.politicalworld.org/showth...d#.V5OScaKrFCE
    Last edited by C. Flower; 26-07-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Default Re: Jobsireland stopped working

That's a 404 (not found) rather than a holding page. Putting a site like that together is complicated (even for people who build large database backed sites as opposed to the ordinary web developer) and even when they are deployed, bugs emerge. I think there is some history of problems with FAS websites (there should be a thread about it on PW.)

Regards...jmcc

Considering there is a recession of this depth it should be a priority

Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    As someone who has been looking for any work in any capacity, a primary portal is jobsireland.ie

This is a public service website.

Writing to jobsireland onJuly 18th, to state there had been no updates since the 12th (not in Cork anyway) I was told that JobsIreland website was changing from Monday 18th July. The new site is currently under construction. We hope to have it operational at four all going well.
    That was 4PM the 18th - 6 days after service stopped.

Now it has - according to a holding page - planned for Thursday 28th

Only an 1890 or Dublin number are available for contact, which cost money.

A whois lookup shows it is owned by SOLAS (which I understand is the successor to FAS)

I wonder what the board of directors make per annum?? In relation as to how much would it cost to have a standard web development, who build and test a new site before pulling the old one offline?

There are dozens of recruitment agencies who can provide a job advertisement service without 12 board members and a CEO

http://www.politicalworld.org/showth...d#.V5OScaKrFCE
    The so called lo-call number system, which as you point out costs money to a lot of people who's phone deals don't cover them, is another example of the disconnected minds of those running public services.

They ain't got a clue.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Leo's first big DSP launch in tatters -Jobseekers Data maybe compromised!

Readers here will recall how Leo during his time in opposition attached he expenditure on the FAS website Jobs Ireland ,well guess what Leo the Minister had planned to Launch JobsIreland the new jobseeker and employers website of the DSP however there is a slight problem the site has crashed over the past week and is now off air .
    Employers are pulling there hair out as their jobs have disappeared and jobseekers are worried that the cvs that they posted maybe compromised by this IT failure .

The irony of Leo attempting to launch a product and brand that he demanded be closed down is not lost on the many staff that suffered as a result of his outbursts ,the fact that DSP had a project team of 6 Senior Managers working on this launch for 18 months and yet the system failed and has more than likely compromised data requires an urgent investigation,furthermore Leo needs to explain why this site was put up " live " when is was clearly not ready ,was the need for a " launch " linked with Leo's desire to become FG leader ?

Default Re: Leo's first big DSP launch in tatters -Jobseekers Data maybe compromised!

Under Data Protection Law are the DSP not required to report this if a breach of Data has taken place ?
    Can anyone advise !

Default Re: Leo's first big DSP launch in tatters -Jobseekers Data maybe compromised!

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Under Data Protection Law are the DSP not required to report this if a breach of Data has taken place ?
    Can anyone advise !
    As far as I know yes. In my line of work even minor breaches must be reported... this would be a major one
    The United Irishman. Updated 5/2/14

I cynically muse that most of the jobs on it were probably fictitious anyway, do they have to report only the genuine ones that have been lost?
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

We already have a thread on this, so I will merge them.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Re: Jobsireland stopped working Leo's first big DSP launch in tatters -Jobseekers Data maybe compromised!

jobsireland.ie

"not found"

http://www.jobsireland.ie/
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Re: Jobsireland stopped working Leo's first big DSP launch in tatters -Jobseekers Data maybe compromised!

It was to be " live " today it's up then down then up it looks like the servers are faulty I wonder when Leo will do his big Launch ?

Oh dear it has a big notice up saying " bear with us the site will not be fully operational until sept ". When Leo gets back from his Holidays to launch it

That's bad. That's cookie cutter bad.They could have put up a simple holding page with a brief "coming soon" message and an e-mail contact address. This one doesn't work well in older browsers. It seems to be all web-dev and no content.

This makes them look massively incompetent in launching a half-arsed site with nothing backing it. It even has a link to what appears to be the beta site in the HTML. The servers don't appear to be faulty, Roz. Otherwise one wouldn't get any webcontent or response. It appears that jobsireland.ie is, what is known in the business, as a database backed website. Getting these sites working well is a science in itself. Simple blogs and brochureware websites are easy to do but because these have more "moving parts" they are more complex.

Regards...jmcc
    Last edited by jmcc; 28-07-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    That's bad. That's cookie cutter bad.They could have put up a simple holding page with a brief "coming soon" message and an e-mail contact address. This one doesn't work well in older browsers. It seems to be all web-dev and no content.

This makes them look massively incompetent in launching a half-arsed site with nothing backing it. It even has a link to what appears to be the beta site in the HTML. The servers don't appear to be faulty, Roz. Otherwise one wouldn't get any webcontent or response. It appears that jobsireland.ie is, what is known in the business, as a database backed website. Getting these sites working well is a science in itself. Simple blogs and brochureware websites are easy to do but because these have more "moving parts" they are more complex.

Regards...jmcc
    I've had my 'holding page' issues myself. It is something that no-one in the business wants to admit they sometimes need - and when they do need it is should be clear, apologetic, and informative.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Still out of order - WTF - think I will lose the house in the next month - and no-one seems to give a f##k

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast