Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast

Thread: Brexit.

Default Re: Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    Can one of you please offer an explanation for this.. cos I don't get it..
    It is the Huffy Post. The same people who gave HRC a 98% chance of winning the US Presidential election. Don't think that they were too accurate in calling the Brexit result either. Now any bit of bad news (job losses) about Brexit is played up as the end of the world and all those people who voted for Brexit are nasty, nasty people not like the Huffy Post and its nice readers.

Regards...jmcc

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    It is the Huffy Post. The same people who gave HRC a 98% chance of winning the US Presidential election. Don't think that they were too accurate in calling the Brexit result either. Now any bit of bad news (job losses) about Brexit is played up as the end of the world and all those people who voted for Brexit are nasty, nasty people not like the Huffy Post and its nice readers.

Regards...jmcc
    oh .. thanks jmcc

(snarky snark snark sure you will be much better off when they/you 'exit' if nothing else you get a good ego rub)

Well...the Brexiters have two responses to these stories. 1. Ain't never gonna happen. People can't do clever foreign exchange banky type stuff with the City of London. This is just a fact matey. 2. OK ..it will happen which just proves foreigners are slimy creeps and Brexit was the right move. Because Britain will be like Singapore now , only better.

Quote Originally Posted by Donal Og View Post
    Well...the Brexiters have two responses to these stories. 1. Ain't never gonna happen. People can't do clever foreign exchange banky type stuff with the City of London. This is just a fact matey. 2. OK ..it will happen which just proves foreigners are slimy creeps and Brexit was the right move. Because Britain will be like Singapore now , only better.
    What are your own views?
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Seems the EU are preparing

In an internal memo seen by the Financial Times, top European Commission officials have told staff to avoid “unnecessary additional complications” with Britain before 2019, highlighting an administrative chill that is biting even before Britain leaves the bloc.

It explicitly calls on EU staff to begin encouraging the UK-based private sector to prepare for the “legal repercussions” of Brexit and consider the need “to have an office in the EU” to maintain their operating permits. Agencies are also told to prepare to “disconnect” the UK from sensitive databases, potentially on the day of Brexit.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...t-eu-contracts
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

(i am moving this comment to this thread as it flows better here. rny)

Originally Posted by jmcc :
    Look on the bright side, there wasn't another Falklands this time around. The EUnuchs in Brussels have handled this thing exactly the wrong way. But then with maggots like Drunken Juncker, it was to be expected. The best way to make enemies is to portray them as enemies. These fools have given Brexit a momentum that it would not otherwise had.

Regards...jmcc
    sounds like the Queenie lover thinks people in Europe should have facilitated a (soft) Brexit?

she wants hard Brexit ... well give them hard Brexit? why are you making this about the EUnuchs in Brussels?

it's as if you think Oh we don't give a sh*t about them in EU but they'd better give a sh*t about us? that is how you ended up with 52% of the Pro-Brexit vote. It's cos you think 'you are better than them'

There was initial shock in the continent, but I dont think Europeans will be cryin' the UK leaving.. people are actually quite respectful of the UK decision to leave, but don't expect to see them tear eyed..

it doesn't look like people care much.. what I am reading is 'if you/UK want to leave, don't let the door hit you in the ass too hard'

if the threat is the UK becoming Singapore I would think the whole gig can be undermined .. and don't forget that Trump is mainstreaming into the Republican fold.. so... Theresa May have gotten a good shag the first time around but when she comes for second helpings it May feel a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by Donal Og View Post
    Ooh. Is this the famous ' stagflation' Count? It can only get worse. The real worry is that May seems to have no concept of what the end game will even look like . Just playing footsie with Trump and vague threats about withdrawal of security cooperation. But threats nonetheless. She is cute enough to keep batty Boris away from the deal. Just using him as a mudguard to appease the more extreme right.
    The thing about footsie is everyone secretly loves it.

I would be very worried that nothing good can come of this election and it may just hasten Corbyn's demise as the sheep line up in England.

I predict the next card out of the pack will be the 'I'm a woman, I care about equality' one after Tim Farron was slandered as homophobic by the right wing media today.

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    (i am moving this comment to this thread as it flows better here. rny)
    Still can't tell Irish people from English/Scots/Welsh?

Regards...jmcc

Regards...jmcc
    You may as well talk to the wall as try and get her to show any respect for our nationality lol.

I just could never imagine a single Portuguese person I have met, including in my office, in Dublin when I lived there, in France where Portuguese workers filled the bakeries and cafes, being as hateful and disrespectful towards Irish people as RNY seems to be.

From what my brother, sister, Uncle and Grandmother on the East Coast tell me New York is a cesspool of Proud louth mouthed know-it-all Ignoramuses and Boston is surprisingly where it is at. Certainly many Irish people I have met who have lived in NYC have said it is not a place to have even a sliver of bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    You may as well talk to the wall as try and get her to show any respect for our nationality lol.
    It is a bit mad but it is like thinking that Rny is a card carrying republican Trump supporter.

Regards...jmcc

Regards...jmcc
    LOL ... truthfully NO. i think y'alls actually look the same

after i talk to people for a while i kind of draw a portrait of them in my mind and you look english to me, not irish, others that do not look irish are Sam, CF and DCon (no clue why, the last two i cant even assign gender either )

all others look irish to me (and yes I can assign genders)
    Last edited by random new yorker; 20-04-2017 at 03:53 AM.

It is a bit mad but it is like thinking that Rny is a card carrying republican Trump supporter.

Regards...jmcc
    LOL ... oh Yea!

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post

I just could never imagine a single Portuguese person I have met, including in my office, in Dublin when I lived there, in France where Portuguese workers filled the bakeries and cafes, being as hateful and disrespectful towards Irish people as RNY seems to be.

From what my brother, sister, Uncle and Grandmother on the East Coast tell me New York is a cesspool of Proud louth mouthed know-it-all Ignoramuses and Boston is surprisingly where it is at. Certainly many Irish people I have met who have lived in NYC have said it is not a place to have even a sliver of bad luck.
    i don't quite understand why you say that, i don't recall ever being disrespectful to Irish people (quite the contrary) but if you felt I may have been disrespectful to you, likelihood is that I was responding to your tone.

so, you think I post in this forum often because I 'hate' Irish people?

Brexit Bullets

As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    Brexit Bullets

The list didn't survive being quoted��

All the items are typical of the confusion caused by the concept of brexit. I say concept because no one, not even the EC, knows what it will mean in reality.

In a world of imponderables the only reality is that there isn't any reality.

What I'd like to see is the plan, but, of course, that is under wraps. OTOH, that could mean there isn't any firm plan, just a vague list of what ifs, As one of 27 negotiators we may hope for things to go our way, but any concessions will be just that, things conceded against things gained.

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast